Diggs needs to try harder!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Bigwehrm
Starter

Diggs needs to try harder!

Post by Bigwehrm »

Is anyone else sick and tired of watching Diggs just fall down if anyone is close to him. The guy is afraid of any contact. He fell short of one first down yesterday. And he also had a nice catch and run and then turtled it as soon as a defender got close. Makes me so dang mad. Alot of defenders are bad tacklers and you never know when you can break a tackle and go to the house. But he just gives up and falls down. Wish we were deep enough to bench him until he decides to actually try and break a tackle.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Diggs needs to try harder!

Post by dead_poet »

Meh.

I don't recall the short of the first catch. Thought the other one was uncharacteristic of him. It's literally the only time I've ever thought that about him so I'm disinclined to share that opinion. He has slowed since coming back from injury. I wonder if it's still lingering.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Seems smart to me. Dude is tiny compared to most other WRs. I don't remember him giving himself up short of the first down but I think if he needed an extra yard for a first down or a touchdown, he'd give 110%. We don't need him getting injured going for an 18 yard gain instead of a 16 yard gain when it was 2nd and 5.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Bigwehrm wrote:Is anyone else sick and tired of watching Diggs just fall down if anyone is close to him. The guy is afraid of any contact. He fell short of one first down yesterday. And he also had a nice catch and run and then turtled it as soon as a defender got close. Makes me so dang mad. Alot of defenders are bad tacklers and you never know when you can break a tackle and go to the house. But he just gives up and falls down. Wish we were deep enough to bench him until he decides to actually try and break a tackle.
I did notice it a bit yesterday. I may not have been quite as upset as you, but I did briefly think when Diggs dropped down with 2 guys in front of him that for all his faults, Harvin would have tried to bust through both those guys.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

I think the one catch yesterday Diggs had the sun in his eyes and did catch the ball and dropped. Usually he works for yards.
I thought Captain done a pretty good job of covering Diggs yesterday.
I'm not sure Diggs is back to 100% yet...Something to keep an on down the stretch
Bigwehrm
Starter

Post by Bigwehrm »

dead_poet wrote:Meh.

I don't recall the short of the first catch. Thought the other one was uncharacteristic of him. It's literally the only time I've ever thought that about him so I'm disinclined to share that opinion. He has slowed since coming back from injury. I wonder if it's still lingering.

He has been doing it most of the year. Has hardly ever made contact and tried to blow through some one. Guarantee at least one of those would have been busted for a big one. Dbs don't make every tackle.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I remember the play, he ran a 9 yard comeback route and actually got more separation from the corner than he thought. I think he thought he was going to get hit but the defender wasn't that close so he ended up falling with his back facing up field and the defender just touched him since he was on the ground.

I don't know, he did have that play and one over the middle where he avoided contact but he also had a key first down the game before where he had to break the tackle and reach for the sticks.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Bigwehrm wrote:
He has been doing it most of the year. Has hardly ever made contact and tried to blow through some one. Guarantee at least one of those would have been busted for a big one. Dbs don't make every tackle.
Ok.

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I notice it. He picks his spots. I don't mind it. He does it when he's clearly bottled up, so one good thing is he's not risking a fumble. Also, he dives forward and gets yards. I can't tell you how many times I've seen receivers lose ground and yards by trying to escape in situations where they should probably just fall forward.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Bigwehrm wrote:Is anyone else sick and tired of watching Diggs just fall down if anyone is close to him. The guy is afraid of any contact. He fell short of one first down yesterday. And he also had a nice catch and run and then turtled it as soon as a defender got close. Makes me so dang mad. Alot of defenders are bad tacklers and you never know when you can break a tackle and go to the house. But he just gives up and falls down. Wish we were deep enough to bench him until he decides to actually try and break a tackle.
I've seen him fight for first downs many of times this year.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Moss did it too. I still think Diggs is hurt.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018