Week 13 reaction thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Week 13 reaction thread

Post by dead_poet »

10-2. Pinch me.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Week 13 reaction thread

Post by dead_poet »

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

In 3 career games vs. the Vikings, Julio has 12 receptions for 151 yards and 0 TDs.
raddmann
Backup

Post by raddmann »

Great win. The D holding them 9 points on their home turf was impressive. Nice game by Murray too.

Sundays are fun again !
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Offense had two nice drives, the long TD and the last drive to kill the clock. Atlanta hurt themselves with a number of penalties and dropped balls. Harrison smith had a hell of a game and Rhodes were once again closed.

Good win against a tough team, I especially like how well they played in the 4th quarter, which is where championships are won.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Rhodes vs. Julio in 3 games:

5 receptions allowed for 58 yards. 0 TDs.

Dominance.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Rooting hard for Seattle tonight. Philly loses and the Vikings would have the #1 seed.

Other than Morgan, I think we avoided major injuries again.

*Knock on wood*

Hill and Reiff were a little shaky but Atlanta's defense is pretty good, even without a couple of solid corners.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

What happened to Morgan?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:What happened to Morgan?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Concussion
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Not that it wasn't obvious, but Zimmer has named Keenum starter for next week.
bauce
Rookie

Post by bauce »

Gratz! A tough win, but these games should be expected after being on a roll for a spell. I'm so happy for you guys and Zimmer!
There are only two seasons that exists: football season and waiting for football season.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Man. That was tough to watch in low resolution. Funny thing, my internet started working right after the game.

Game ball should go to the defense. They held an explosive offense to 3 FGs. Front 4 was key. They put pressure on Ryan for most of the game. Griffen was wreaking havoc. Barr and Kendricks had solid games, even Gedeon. Entire secondary outstanding. Smith was blowing up plays.

Offense did enough to win today. Keenum struggled early but turned it on in the 2nd half. OL gave Keenum time and opened holes for Murray.

Getting to be old but this was another great team effort.

Falcons seem to be holding on every play. Surprised they weren't called for more penalties.

After watching Matt Ryan today, maybe I'm being too critical of Keenum's ball placement. Ryan was all over the place today.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

dead_poet wrote:Rooting hard for Seattle tonight. Philly loses and the Vikings would have the #1 seed.

Other than Morgan, I think we avoided major injuries again.

*Knock on wood*

Hill and Reiff were a little shaky but Atlanta's defense is pretty good, even without a couple of solid corners.
I'm curious to see how the Eagles play against Seattle's defense. I started thinking the Eagles were the real deal when they beat the Broncos. The now 3-8 broncos who just lost to Miami 35-9.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

dead_poet wrote:Rhodes vs. Julio in 3 games:

5 receptions allowed for 58 yards. 0 TDs.

Dominance.
Yeah, the train just keeps on rollin' with Xavier, doesn't it?

Everybody, especially Dirty Birds fans, was all, "Yeah, but look what Marvin Jones did against Rhodes." Whatever. One game in how many now? The Falcons had to resort to a bubble screen just to get the ball to Julio Jones. You're great, Jones, but you got owned today.

Xavier Rhodes is the most dominant corner in the game. Period. End of story.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Ed Werder‏Verified account
@EdwerderRFA

You think #Vikings Mike Zimmer can coach some defense? Minnesota went into game allowing 11 runs of 10 yards - fewest in NFL by 9! And in winning 8th straight, Vikings ended Matt Ryan streak of 30 games with TD pass, longest in NFL