Vikings-Falcons game thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings-Falcons game thread

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:WTF, im not gripping about Teddy not playing. Whats your problem? Don't I bow enough before Case? I'm as happy as anyone hes gotten the job done, im jusy not anointing him as jesus christ right now. Its tiresome. You want a few guys who deserve praise more then Case? Try Smith and Joseph.

Im sick of guys like you putting Teddy down, and thinking Case is the next Brady. He isnt. No one even wanted him as their QB. In Shurmurs system he is doing well. Especially when his first read is AT, who runs the best routes on the team. Sometimes he gets to the second read (with the much improved Oline). Sometimes he makes good reads, sometimes he doesnt. Sometimes he chucks it up there and gets away with it, other times he doesnt. Just like most of the other QBs out there. Case is extremely lucky he is in the situation he is. So much changed since Teddy was in the game. Sometime backup QBs get lucky, sometimes they really do well. And then sometimes they fall apart. O tear their knee out.

Where did you get your info on how long case threw the ball for? I'm not talking YAC, or total yards, im talking what type of throws is Case making.
Against Detroit.

Against Washington.

Against Detroit again.

Against Tampa Bay.

I can do this all day. The question is whether you'll actually watch any of this video evidence. I'm betting on "no."
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings-Falcons game thread

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Against Detroit.

Against Washington.

Against Detroit again.

Against Tampa Bay.

I can do this all day. The question is whether you'll actually watch any of this video evidence. I'm betting on "no."
He does make some longer passes. I wasnt denying that. I said his game is a short pass, game manager type, and its working perfectly. Im just not going to say the Vikings success this year is based on the long ball of Case, or even Case at all. Its all the pieces coming together at the right time. But its no more speculation on my part to say Teddy could have done just as good of job this year, if he was healthy, as Case has. As ive said numerous time, i am so happy we have Case. I didnt like him as a backup, but it turns out he was a great pickup. Hes doing everything asked of him. but that doesnt mean people should jump all over Teddy and say no way could he have done this. No one knows. Just like no one knows if Case can be this productive next year. I hope he can if the Vikings still have him. I hope hes even better, even if we dont get to, or win the SB. Theres just no reason to bash Teddy on pure speculation.

But great job at getting inside my head and knowing I wouldnt look at the video, lol.