Enemy Fan Forums - Atlanta Falcons

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Enemy Fan Forums - Atlanta Falcons

Post by Cliff »

I've really enjoyed when these have been posted so I'm getting them up earlier this week. I was only able to find one active Falcon's board so please add to this if you find any more.

Has anyone even looked at the opponents Minnesota has won against

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic ... st/?page=1
The wins over the opponents they've beaten doesn't impress me AT ALL. The Lions almost edged out a win over them Thursday and the Steelers beat them soundly.
Minnesota is good because they are well coached. Zampese is the equilvalent of NFL royalty. We on the other hand, are infinitely MORE talented. They would kill for a Julio Jones. Tevin Coleman would easily start for them as would Ryan and half of our defense. We can and WILL beat Minnesota. What we must gaurd against....is beating ourselves! No turnovers and no stupid penalties and Minnesota is a cakewalk!
The Vikings are a very good team. Don't kid yourself and think for one moment that the Viking's record is a product of a poor schedule. This game is going to be tough for the Falcons, because the Vikings play solid defense, and they have playmakers on offense.
Pretty sure they are going to kill us, we let weak teams back into the game when we take a big lead and we are not capable of coming back from a big lead.

A fairly complete team like the Vikings will dismantle us. I think this will be worse than the Pats game.

Vikings vs. Falcons: QBs Beware

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic ... re/?page=1
Many of us are concerned about our OL vs. their front seven. I think if you look at each individual matchup, our DL vs. their OL may be even a greater mismatch. This game should be a great test of our new OC. What will he do scheme wise to deal with the Vikes front 7? Screen passes would be normal, but we've been a disaster with those the last two weeks (so close, yet not quite on a number of them).

I'm not going to argue the merits of PFF grades here. Take the graphics for what they are worth to you.
**There are some interesting images on that first post.
Everson Griffin is going to be a problem. Jake has to handle him and if he does the offense can absolutely be rolling.

I hope and pray that they trust Xavier Rhodes enough to put him 1x1 with Julio. Zimmer has the type of attitude to tell let that happen as well.

Who knew the Vikings LG and C was just as bad as Wes though?
I see Kendricks rated at a 41.8. Woo, boy, I thought he was playing better than that. In fact, I thought they had one of the better linebacking corps. around. Looks like Barr's the only one putting in work; which he does flash when I have seen them play.
I'm not entirely sold on Case Keenum. Suddenly out of nowhere a light flips on and he is a top QB. Bradford also got off to a good start this year, so something is afoot in Minny. I'm not saying Keenum can't be a good QB, I just don't get how he went from terribly average to suddenly one of the better QBs in the league.

When you look at his record this season he has two losses, Pittsburgh and Detroit. In both those loses he had pretty bad games, completing less than 55% of his passes and being sacked twice in both. In both those games the Vikings struggled to run the ball and turned the ball over a combined 4 times. The one key is Pittsburgh took away the big plays by keeping his yards per attempt to under 5 yards. Detroit just seemed to out muscle them. Both these games were early in the year, though. A lot has changed since and the they are playing a lot better than then.

I think disrupting Keenum is the key to this game. He hasn't seen a lot of pressure this year. Getting after him would be huge to knock him off his rhythm. He's having a great year, but he isn't Tom Brady.
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Re: Enemy Fan Forums - Atlanta Falcons

Post by Grashopa »

Just going to put this here.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post ... g-play-off
Julio Jones is on a tear. Xavier Rhodes knows it.

When the Minnesota Vikings cornerback talked about having to defend the All-Pro wide receiver this coming Sunday at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, the 6-foot-1, 218-pound Rhodes expressed confidence in himself but didn't go over the top in boasting about intentions to shut down the 6-foot-3, 220-pound Jones.

A wise move.
To the quote above i say that one good game is not "a tear". He had 71 yards last week and 57 yards the week before....

Rhodes routinely shuts down the leagues top receivers and faces a pretty good group every practice. I'm not going to talk for X, but i am pretty confident that he will elevate his game to face Julio. Rhodes minimizing the impact of Julio is a key to a Vikings victory.
Formerly AADPFan
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I thought the impression that their roster is more talented just not as well coached was interesting.
They would kill for a Julio Jones.
They must have missed Adam Thielen putting up nearly identical stats ...
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Cliff wrote:I thought the impression that their roster is more talented just not as well coached was interesting.

Thielen pretty much embodies our team: underestimated and overlooked.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I agree on the coaching sentiment, at least on the offensive side of the ball. They REALLY miss Kyle Shanahan this year. Given that they are a eam that runs off offense, that is a big problem.

We did not play ATL in 2016, but we did face then in 2014 and 2015, with one game at home and one at Atlanta and in both cases we won. In 2015 we faced them with both Quinn and Shanahan at the helm and we bested them 20-10. The defense was able to get Ryan to throw two INT. I'd say the recent history favors the Purple in so far as that matters.

It should be a good game, but it could also be a typically Vikings defensive beat down.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Falcons34
Practice Squad

Post by Falcons34 »

mansquatch wrote:I agree on the coaching sentiment, at least on the offensive side of the ball. They REALLY miss Kyle Shanahan this year. Given that they are a eam that runs off offense, that is a big problem.

We did not play ATL in 2016, but we did face then in 2014 and 2015, with one game at home and one at Atlanta and in both cases we won. In 2015 we faced them with both Quinn and Shanahan at the helm and we bested them 20-10. The defense was able to get Ryan to throw two INT. I'd say the recent history favors the Purple in so far as that matters.

It should be a good game, but it could also be a typically Vikings defensive beat down.
It will be a good game but I would not expect a beat down from either defense. True that Kyle might be missed a little but the falcons still have the same record at this point as they had last year so the shannahan thing may be a moot point. The offense is at their best when Matt is calling the plays anyway.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I think we will lose one of the next two, I just don't know which one. Atlanta has a very good offense, one that has had sustained success, not just one like LA that came out of nowhere. It seems like the Vikings defense has been bored lately and not playing as well. That needs to change. They allowed Washington to score 30 and Detroit to score 23, and the majority of those points were scored late, but not so late the game was out of reach.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

:lol: :lol: Man some of those fans really dont have a clue. One said "half of our defense would start for them"??? More like next to nobody on that defense would start for us. Same guy also said they are "infinitely more talented". Also false.

And where did they see a 41.8 grade on Eric Kendricks??? There is no possible way that is true. I would imagine he is one of the top MLBs in the league according to PFF.

I said before and I'll say it again, this team doesnt worry me too much. Their offense isnt what it use to be. I think Zim will stump that bum Sarcesian. I say 28-13 Vikes.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I think we will lose one of the next two, I just don't know which one. Atlanta has a very good offense, one that has had sustained success, not just one like LA that came out of nowhere. It seems like the Vikings defense has been bored lately and not playing as well. That needs to change. They allowed Washington to score 30 and Detroit to score 23, and the majority of those points were scored late, but not so late the game was out of reach.

Our recent history against the Falcons would seem to indicate that Zimmer has some history of success against Matt Ryan and co. I was aware of his track record vs. Carolina, but not Atlanta, at least until I looked at it more today. It is worth pointing out that our '17 defense is probably the best overall of the 4 weve seen since Zimmer took over. I'm feeling better about these two games. Unless Keenum lays an egg I like our chances the next two weeks.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Most of the sound bites seem like level headed fans. You're always going to have the super homer "we will destroy them!!11one" type of guy. I don't put much stock into it, there's been one every week.

I agree on some of the personnel, I mean who wouldn't want Julio Jones? I'd take Matt Ryan too. Coleman? Yeah maybe, this year. But only because Cook is out.

Defense? No thanks, I think we have the best all around unit in the NFL. I mean sure you can pick a couple players from every team that would be an upgrade but it works both ways. Tell me the Falcons wouldn't want Everson Griffen, Hunter, Joseph, Kendricks, Barr, Rhodes, or Smith.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

To S197’s point (from the Falcon’s board)
And what amazing teams have we beaten?? It's the NFL no team is easy to beat. We lost against Buffalo and Miami (who has a -100 point differential on the season) so let's not act like we have been some kind of dominant team this year. The Vikings have played a considerably tougher schedule than the Eagles and may be the best team in the NFC so far. If we play the way we have played the last few games and considering the home field advantage we certainly have a good chance to win,, but if we revert to playing like we did against Buffalo, Miami, New England, we will get absolutely smoked. We need to bring our A game in this one.
Not all of their fans are so biased.

That said, this will be a tough game for the Vikings and I don’t feel comfortable being “cocky” about it.
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Pondering Her Percy wrote::lol: :lol: Man some of those fans really dont have a clue. One said "half of our defense would start for them"??? More like next to nobody on that defense would start for us. Same guy also said they are "infinitely more talented". Also false.

And where did they see a 41.8 grade on Eric Kendricks??? There is no possible way that is true. I would imagine he is one of the top MLBs in the league according to PFF.

I said before and I'll say it again, this team doesnt worry me too much. Their offense isnt what it use to be. I think Zim will stump that bum Sarcesian. I say 28-13 Vikes.
If you click the link at the top (the first one that mentions PFF grades) you'll see the breakdowns.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Just Me wrote:To S197’s point (from the Falcon’s board)
Not all of their fans are so biased.

That said, this will be a tough game for the Vikings and I don’t feel comfortable being “cocky” about it.
That poster was definitely level headed. They lost to some questionable teams at home. They have also beaten some good teams too.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

After reading these I don't feel like being a humble Vikings fan this week.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Cliff wrote:I thought the impression that their roster is more talented just not as well coached was interesting.
Interesting is a very nice way to put it.

The Vikings are universally accepted among experts as having one of the most talented rosters in the NFL.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.