Final Five

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: Final Five

Post by DK Sweets »

This optimism is making me hard.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

DK Sweets wrote:This optimism is making me hard.
:lol: :lol: Me too man!! And I agree with Mansquatch. This is one of the best coached teams this franchise has ever had. I have said it all along that I had a ton of faith in Zimmer and Rick Spielman and I believe it's starting to show why this year. You dont see our guys in the media, you dont see our guys being cheap, you dont see our guys stirring up drama during the anthem. They just play football and they play it as a team. They listen and respect their coach. They all love each other as teammates. They are always celebrating with each other. You see ZERO selfish players out there. They are clicking on offense. They are unreal defensively. All of the above is what makes up a super bowl caliber team.

And I will go off of what mansquatch said and say not only is this the best coached team I've possibly ever seen here, but I will also say this is the MOST COMPLETE Vikings team I have ever seen. Star players all over, solid depth at all positions and an excellent coach and staff.

A lot of that credit goes to Rick Spielman IMO. He is the one that brought Mike Zimmer here and he is the one making the picks. Zimmer gives the insight and suggestions, coaches at a high level and is well respected and Spielman continues to make things better. And had NO first round pick this past year. Just excellent work on his end as well as Zimmers.

I'm excited boys. I know we've had years of heartbreak but I truly feel different about this team. This defense can keep us in any game no matter who we play and now that we have a good offense to pair with it, we could very well be playing in that SB in Minnesota!!
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: :lol: :lol: Me too man!! And I agree with Mansquatch. This is one of the best coached teams this franchise has ever had. I have said it all along that I had a ton of faith in Zimmer and Rick Spielman and I believe it's starting to show why this year. You dont see our guys in the media, you dont see our guys being cheap, you dont see our guys stirring up drama during the anthem. They just play football and they play it as a team. They listen and respect their coach. They all love each other as teammates. They are always celebrating with each other. You see ZERO selfish players out there. They are clicking on offense. They are unreal defensively. All of the above is what makes up a super bowl caliber team.

And I will go off of what mansquatch said and say not only is this the best coached team I've possibly ever seen here, but I will also say this is the MOST COMPLETE Vikings team I have ever seen. Star players all over, solid depth at all positions and an excellent coach and staff.

A lot of that credit goes to Rick Spielman IMO. He is the one that brought Mike Zimmer here and he is the one making the picks. Zimmer gives the insight and suggestions, coaches at a high level and is well respected and Spielman continues to make things better. And had NO first round pick this past year. Just excellent work on his end as well as Zimmers.

I'm excited boys. I know we've had years of heartbreak but I truly feel different about this team. This defense can keep us in any game no matter who we play and now that we have a good offense to pair with it, we could very well be playing in that SB in Minnesota!!
All the optimism is starting to ruin my negative attitude.... Can't let that happen.... Too many heartbreaks.
My Viking Journey in Emoji:

:nono: :roll: :tongue: :D :lol: :rock: :confused: :puke: :steamed: :ripple:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Lol. Dude hasn't win a playoff game and suddenly he's the best coach since sliced bread.
I agree he has coached well but I remain cautiously optimistic. Just too many heart breaks.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Lol. Dude hasn't win a playoff game and suddenly he's the best coach since sliced bread.
I agree he has coached well but I remain cautiously optimistic. Just too many heart breaks.

Your pain may be less if we lose, but your enjoyment will be less if we win, too.

DP said so.
Last edited by DK Sweets on Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trkn10
Practice Squad

Post by Trkn10 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Lol. Dude hasn't win a playoff game and suddenly he's the best coach since sliced bread.
I just looked back at some stats and didn't see anything about Zimmer whiffing on a last minute field goal against the Seahawks to lose the WC game in 2016. :roll:
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: I lived through Super Bowl IV against the Chiefs.

I endured Super Bowl losses against Miami, Pittsburgh and Oakland.

I've been around for all five NFC Championship Game losses, and I was devastated by the Roger Staubach Hail Mary in 1975. For my money, 1998 was nothing compared to that. We were far and away the best team in the NFL in '75.

I've endured every big-game loss in Vikings history. But I refuse to let it turn me into a pessimist.

I love this year's team, the players, their resiliency, their refusal to allow adversity to get them down. If they don't get down, why should I?

But hoping to play the Super Bowl in your own stadium isn't really looking ahead if it's a realistic vision. Dreaming of the Super Bowl in 2013 wasn't realistic. This is. So I'm gonna go ahead and hope. If those hopes get smashed all over the rocks, then so be it.
The loss to Oakland was the toughest one of the 4 for me.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Trkn10 wrote: I just looked back at some stats and didn't see anything about Zimmer whiffing on a last minute field goal against the Seahawks to lose the WC game in 2016. :roll:
And?

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

PurpleMustReign wrote:And?

I think he's trying to imply you can't Flim Flam the Zim Zam.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Raptorman wrote: The loss to Oakland was the toughest one of the 4 for me.
I was young when they lost to the Raiders. Eight I think. At the time, I had no clue how hard it was to reach a SB.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Trkn10
Practice Squad

Post by Trkn10 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:And?
What I'm saying is that unless the coaches are total dumbshits and call idiotic plays on critical game winning drives or mismanage the clock, they don't lose games. Players win and lose games plain and simple. They either execute successfully based on mastery of their skills and a command of their opponent or fail miserably due to poor preparation and/or a lack of a killer instinct. Zimmer would have been credited with a playoff win had that dipshit Walsh made that field goal against Seattle.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

So Zimmer gets the credit when the team and players do well, but not negative heat when a player or team do something bad? Doesnt add up...
Trkn10
Practice Squad

Post by Trkn10 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:So Zimmer gets the credit when the team and players do well, but not negative heat when a player or team do something bad? Doesnt add up...
Ok, "credited" might have been a poor choice of words.

My point is that there would have been at least 1 playoff win under Zimmer's reign had Walsh made that kick. That does not mean Zimmer, as the man or coach "gets the credit" if they would have won. I think that's pretty obvious. The statement that started this discussion about Zimmer not winning any PO games implies he had a direct influence on the final outcome of every one of those games and that's just an unreasonable point. He, the coaching staff, and the players created the conditions that day for them to succeed. Walsh f'd it up, plain and simple. That failure falls on one man. All others did their jobs that day - including Zimmer.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Quaterbacks and coaches always get too much credit
and too much blame IMO.

If we can split or win the next two games we should
win 13 games imo. Atlanta should be the biggest threat.

Carolina I am not too afraid of...Zimmer has owned them
since coming to Vikes...

Bengals and Bears should be the easiest games left

Green Bay we might get to see Rodgers...which would
be dumb on their part ...because they would be risking
a quick return on a totally blown season.

If any thing happens to the Eagles injury wise
I don’t think they can beat us. I think Wentz will
win a ring or two with the eagles but they have
played a soft schedule. Hopefully they get punched
with a few losses and they have to come to our
house in the playoffs. Maybe this is finally our
year ...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!