Vikings-Lions game thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

soflavike
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings-Lions game thread

Post by soflavike »

I need a defibrillator... stat.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I'm dead.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

What else could have happened ?
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Didn’t need to be quite that exciting, but 9-2 is 9-2... and this is a great football team.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

That was the least enjoyable win that I can remember!
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

And Case is the stud again. I am loving this guy.
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

Only as ugly as the terrible calls that kept the Lions in the game, happy for the win and Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Husker Vike wrote:Only as ugly as the terrible calls that kept the Lions in the game, happy for the win and Happy Thanksgiving to all!
You hit the nail on the head. In this case, one can complain about the terrible officiating without the 'sour grapes' justification frequently being used to dismiss the complaints. The Vikings won...and the officiating was ridiculous.

This article discusses it, as well.
“We almost lost our composure a couple times,” Zimmer said. “We study each crew going into the game. I told them it could be like this today. They’ve got to play clean, smart football and (long, awkward pause) . . . I shouldn’t say anything else.”

I’ll say it for him. It was bad enough to trigger two thoughts. One, pass interference must be reviewable. Even though it’s inherently a judgment call, sometimes it’s clear and obvious that the judgment was applied completely incorrectly. Second, while I’m a firm believer that the fix is never in, moments like this make me wonder whether the ratings dip has resulted in an unspoken message to give calls to a team that is on the verge of getting blown out, in order to help avoid it. And if I’m wondering, other people are, too.
More at the link
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

Just Me wrote: You hit the nail on the head. In this case, one can complain about the terrible officiating without the 'sour grapes' justification frequently being used to dismiss the complaints. The Vikings won...and the officiating was ridiculous.

This article discusses it, as well.
More at the link
I was just about to post that link.

The Lions TD drive at the end of the half was a catch that wasn't, followed by a PI call that wasn't (there's no foul for "not looking back" - Rhodes had position and was running down the field and he was perfectly positioned between the receiver and the throw, without doing any else than being in good position; no pushing, etc.), followed by a facemask call that wasn't, followed by a TD that probably wasn't. Just an incredible sequence of officiating to make sure the game stayed competitive.