OL

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

OL

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Unbelievable the turnaround from last year!! Like night and day!!! Great pass protection and HUGE holes, even making a back like Murray look good!!!

I am amazed by the OL this year. Simply amazed

Gotta give Rick credit here.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: OL

Post by VikingPaul73 »

by the way, I wouldn't mind seeing Hill start at RT moving forward. I think he's better than Remmers.

Thoughts?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

VikingPaul73 wrote:by the way, I wouldn't mind seeing Hill start at RT moving forward. I think he's better than Remmers.

Thoughts?
He had a great game. Remmers is better at run blocking. Might give the nod to Hill in pass protection but Remmers has been surprisingly solid there, too. We have tackle depth for the first time!
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

dead_poet wrote: He had a great game. Remmers is better at run blocking. Might give the nod to Hill in pass protection but Remmers has been surprisingly solid there, too. We have tackle depth for the first time!
Ever?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

DK Sweets wrote:Ever?
As quality as I can remember. Others may have a different opinion. Interior line and depth will still be a focus in the off-season with Berger likely retiring.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I really think we have taken a major step forward.

I would love to add a mauler run blocker to the group.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

I was happy with Reiff but not about Remmers. Eating crow on both. They have played like top LT and RTs this season. I would love for us to still draft depth at tackle in the event one falters next season.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

jackal wrote:I really think we have taken a major step forward.

I would love to add a mauler run blocker to the group.
I'm dreaming of trading up and selecting this guy. I think we are that stacked everywhere else and will probably cut a lot of guys.
Will Hernadez. His tape is amazing.

http://www.draftblaster.com/2018-nfl-dr ... s-el-paso/
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Caught myself drooling at the film.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

YikesVikes wrote:I was happy with Reiff but not about Remmers. Eating crow on both. They have played like top LT and RTs this season. I would love for us to still draft depth at tackle in the event one falters next season.
Hill. We good.

But I agree. I thought for sure we would/should draft a OT high next year. Now I'm looking harder at OG. I wouldn't object to the right tackle. Supposedly a good tackle class coming out, unlike last year.