Week 7 Reaction Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: Week 7 Reaction Thread

Post by S197 »

It's good to see Barr back to form.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Why was Michael Floyd inactive?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Why was Michael Floyd inactive?

Calf injury.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Fun #stat: Case hasn't been sacked in his last 96 drop backs. Offensive line doing a heck of a job in pass protection. Even Remmers (who was outstanding run blocking on Sunday).
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:Fun #stat: Case hasn't been sacked in his last 96 drop backs. Offensive line doing a heck of a job in pass protection. Even Remmers (who was outstanding run blocking on Sunday).
That's significant because Case isn't all that mobile. The OL is way out playing what I expected this season.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Offensive Thoughts:
- Case has done his job all season. I doubt he could lead us far in the postseason, but he is doing his part. However, his first pass showed why he is not an NFL starter: Under thrown and to the inside of the receiver = INT almost every time.
- Latavius finally showed up. It was looking like the zone scheme wasn't matching his style of play. He showed he can excel in it yesterday. I hope he keeps it up.
- Riley Reiff has been absolutely outstanding. Personal connection/bias aside, he is playing great football for us and I am extremely happy he is in Minnesota.
- I was very against the Mike Remmers contract, but I am looking foolish - he is playing good football for us. I hope he keeps it up.
- Pat Elflien was definitely worth the pick over Dan Feeney. It's incredible how much better an offensive line functions with good center play.
- Danny Isidora was solid in relief over Jeremiah Sirles. He honestly may be better than Sirles until Easton comes back. Even though I am not sold on Easton yet.

Defensive Thoughts:
- Our defensive line imposed their will all game. They are playing outstanding this year.
- If Eric Kendricks doesn't make the Pro Bowl at the minimum this year then the NFL's system is forever broken.
- Barr is back = Time to pay up
- I am all for big hits, but Sendejo really needs to play with more discipline.
- Harrison Smith is the best FS in the league without a doubt.
- Still not a Trae Waynes fan, but he is better than a lot of RCBs in the league.
- Hated to see Rhodes give up a cheap completion on what could have been an illegal pick play haha

Special Teams:
- Solid play all day - just wish we still had a KR threat here
- Kai was great... But maybe we should have a designated PAT kicker haha

Refs: Not a great day for them. Very questionable calls and non-calls.

On to Cleveland. We cannot overlook them. I don't care if they are 0-7 - it's a classic trap game.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I'd love Treadwell to become the next Hines Ward.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Offensive Thoughts:
- Case has done his job all season. I doubt he could lead us far in the postseason, but he is doing his part. However, his first pass showed why he is not an NFL starter: Under thrown and to the inside of the receiver = INT almost every time.
- Latavius finally showed up. It was looking like the zone scheme wasn't matching his style of play. He showed he can excel in it yesterday. I hope he keeps it up.
- Riley Reiff has been absolutely outstanding. Personal connection/bias aside, he is playing great football for us and I am extremely happy he is in Minnesota.
- I was very against the Mike Remmers contract, but I am looking foolish - he is playing good football for us. I hope he keeps it up.
- Pat Elflien was definitely worth the pick over Dan Feeney. It's incredible how much better an offensive line functions with good center play.
- Danny Isidora was solid in relief over Jeremiah Sirles. He honestly may be better than Sirles until Easton comes back. Even though I am not sold on Easton yet.

Defensive Thoughts:
- Our defensive line imposed their will all game. They are playing outstanding this year.
- If Eric Kendricks doesn't make the Pro Bowl at the minimum this year then the NFL's system is forever broken.
- Barr is back = Time to pay up
- I am all for big hits, but Sendejo really needs to play with more discipline.
- Harrison Smith is the best FS in the league without a doubt.
- Still not a Trae Waynes fan, but he is better than a lot of RCBs in the league.
- Hated to see Rhodes give up a cheap completion on what could have been an illegal pick play haha

Special Teams:
- Solid play all day - just wish we still had a KR threat here
- Kai was great... But maybe we should have a designated PAT kicker haha

Refs: Not a great day for them. Very questionable calls and non-calls.

On to Cleveland. We cannot overlook them. I don't care if they are 0-7 - it's a classic trap game.
Agree on all counts. Yeah I mean the Giants were 0-5 and went on to embarrass Denver. Another thing with Cleveland is they dont ever seem to get blown out. They usually keep the games fairly close. I'm glad this counts as Clevelands home game and not ours. What worries me is how we will come out after the bye. That's where we collapsed last year. I hope Zim has the guys ready to go following the bye. Detroit plays Pittsburgh this coming week who is awful on the road but if Pitt can beat them and we beat Cleveland we can have a monster lead on the divison. We would be 6-2 and Det would be 3-4
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

me4get wrote: He was a runner. Here is the video.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3X0ux ... p=drivesdk
Thanks for posting. I hadn't seen that. As I mentioned, they only showed one replay in the stadium, and it wasn't that one.

Boy, that's close. He was kind of bobbling the ball before he secured it, and Rhodes had hold of him. I hate the call -- I think he was a runner at that point, too -- but I guess I can see why the refs made it.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thanks for posting. I hadn't seen that. As I mentioned, they only showed one replay in the stadium, and it wasn't that one.

Boy, that's close. He was kind of bobbling the ball before he secured it, and Rhodes had hold of him. I hate the call -- I think he was a runner at that point, too -- but I guess I can see why the refs made it.
I agree that he is basically a runner at that point, but I think it's the right call. Sandejo needs to be smarter. Playing hard is great, but the NFL is really emphasizing safety, (as they should be) and that's a dangerous play. I love old-school hard hitting football, but with the information we now have on CTE, that type of play is just not worth the risk. I'm sure he didn't intentionally hit him in the head, but that doesn't mean much.
Damian