Deangelo WIlliams

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Deangelo WIlliams

Post by YikesVikes »

With Murray struggling and Jet fumbling, I would love to see us add Deangelo WIlliams. He's an older back, yes, however, he has filled in admirably for the Steelers the last 2-3 seasons. Even though he has seen a lot of carries, I believe he still has a lot left in the tank. His numbers last seasons show that he can still play when he was asked to hold down the fort when Bell wasn't playing. Any thoughts
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Deangelo WIlliams

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Is he on the Steelers? I wouldn't want to trade for him.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

I would get him in but I am intrigued as to why they haven't been playing him. Is he hurt?
ThePiper
Transition Player

Post by ThePiper »

He is currently a free agent. Wouldn't mind him on the team :thumbsup:
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

YikesVikes wrote:With Murray struggling and Jet fumbling, I would love to see us add Deangelo WIlliams. He's an older back, yes, however, he has filled in admirably for the Steelers the last 2-3 seasons. Even though he has seen a lot of carries, I believe he still has a lot left in the tank. His numbers last seasons show that he can still play when he was asked to hold down the fort when Bell wasn't playing. Any thoughts
Yes.

My thoughts are that we got 113 yards from the struggling Murray today.

And Jet has one fumble.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Yes.

My thoughts are that we got 113 yards from the struggling Murray today.

And Jet has one fumble.
He has two, he was the Qb on the wildcat fumble. We also played one of the worst run defenses in the league.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

YikesVikes wrote: He has two, he was the Qb on the wildcat fumble.
I am inferring from your comments (I could be wrong) that McKinnon is fumbling "too much." While we would like him to never fumble, I'm not sure that is realistic.
The average fumble rate for the top-10 rushers in the NFL last season was 88.6, which is the same as saying the running back fumbled once every 88.6 offensive touches.
Source - https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl ... mble-rates

Last year McKinnon didn't fumble once in 159 touches (see - https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stat ... ates/2016/)
This year he had two in 55 touches (see - http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/965 ... mckinnon/1

While that does put his (current) average for this year at 27.5, we have such a small sample that I'm not sure I'm willing to draw that conclusion just yet. If you look at a larger sample size (Last year and this year) he has 2 fumbles in 214 touches (or 107.5 average) which places him in the "above average" category for ball security. He'd really need to "keep fumbling" before he could get to "below average." You can critique parts of his game, but generally speaking, I don't believe McKinnon's greatest drawback is his ball security.

To put it into perspective Peterson fumbled once in 37 carries last year. In 53 touches this year (with NO and ARI) he has fumbled once, as well. That places Peterson at a 45 average (He fumbles almost twice as much as "average") for the last two years.
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

YikesVikes wrote: He has two, he was the Qb on the wildcat fumble. We also played one of the worst run defenses in the league.
Sorry on the fumbles. Forgot about that.

But I won't give you the other one. In the four games Dalvin Cook played, the Vikings averaged 108 yards per game on the ground. In the three games since, we've averaged 147, and we now stand sixth in the NFL at 124.6 yards per game.

Of course, that's not to say we're better off without Dalvin Cook. Heck, that number might be 200 yards per game if he were playing. But it's also not like the running game is in shambles to the point where we need to grab a 34-year-old running back off his easy chair.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

The grass is always greener somewhere isn't it?

If you want to be worried about the offense, be worried about the fact that Keenum's run is probably on borrowed time. NFL DCs know that his arm strength is a major issue, eventually we'll come across a defense that can scheme in a way to make him screw up. That game yesterday should have been a 20 point blow out. I for one, am hoping that TB or SB can be game ready after the bye. Keenum has given us just about all the can be asked for from a backup QB, and he deserves his due, but I really do not want to put a SB run in his hands. (And yes, this roster is good enough to win it all.)

As an aside, it was nice to see that the CBS announcers finally figured out that this defense is for real yesterday. It was the first game I've watched this season where they actually talked about how good we are instead of how good the other team is.

Other concerns: Injuries at LG and LT yesterday. Are those short term or signs of longer term problems? If longer term that is a major concern.

Next 5 weeks will tell us a lot. November is when you find out who is a contender and who is a pretender. Early Predictions: ATL might be a playoff team, but they are no long the class of the NFC. They are not playing with the precision or confidence that they had last season. PHI and LAR are going to be the major players along with the Vikings, assuming we do not fall out of bed at QB.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

The game against the Rams will be huge. It could legitimately help determine playoff seeding.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

I think the big question here is are there any O linemen we can add?
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

CbusVikesFan wrote:I think the big question here is are there any O linemen we can add?
Yea protection is key for us.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Dmizzle0 wrote: Yea protection is key for us.
Need some more depth if we can find some guys that can contribute.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter