WEEK 7: Baltimore Ravens vs Minnesota Vikings Discussion

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

WEEK 7: Baltimore Ravens vs Minnesota Vikings Discussion

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Ravens have a good D. Maybe just as good as the Vikings. Maybe better with how bad their offense has been struggling.

I think the key to this game is if the running game can be established early. and of course, turnovers.

What I don't want to see is Flacco having his best game of the season.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: WEEK 7: Baltimore Ravens vs Minnesota Vikings Discussio

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Without a good running game, we are going to have our hands full. And Murray has under performed in ever game as a Viking. I couldnt care less with what he did with other teams. Hopefully Jet can be on the field 75% of the time and Murray/Ham the rest of the time. We need another RB im afraid. Murray for 5 mil wasnt a good idea. Especially when the first thing he got here was a dam foot surgery.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

We do not need another RB. And it does matter what he did at other teams because it shows what he is capable of. If he was terrible his first 4 years in Oakland then he probably just isnt a good RB. The kid can play. I've watch him since high school.

Also, the Ravens defense is nowhere near as good as ours. They are 16th in total defense which is average at best. I would say they are an above average defense but they arent anywhere near the caliber of our defense.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:We do not need another RB. And it does matter what he did at other teams because it shows what he is capable of. If he was terrible his first 4 years in Oakland then he probably just isnt a good RB. The kid can play. I've watch him since high school.

Also, the Ravens defense is nowhere near as good as ours. They are 16th in total defense which is average at best. I would say they are an above average defense but they arent anywhere near the caliber of our defense.
Brandon Williams is practicing in full and expected to start. He's a stout run defender. I worry a bit about our ability to run the football coupled with Jimmy Smith taking on Adam Thielen with Diggs out and Case at QB. I hope I'm wrong but this feels like a classic game we "should" win but can't move the ball well enough.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Also, the Ravens defense is nowhere near as good as ours. They are 16th in total defense which is average at best. I would say they are an above average defense but they arent anywhere near the caliber of our defense.
I don't know. If you look at the stats, the Ravens and Vikings are very similar. They actually have more sacks, FFs, INTs than the Vikings. Yeah the Vikings are ranked 5th in total yds but in reality, the Ravens at 16 only give up 35 more yds per game. Looking at how bad their offense converts 3rd downs (28th vs 8th for Vikings), and you could say they would be very close if they had a more functional offense.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

@Andrew_Krammer
1h
Left tackle Riley Reiff added to injury report Friday, limited due to an ankle injury. He's listed questionable to play.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Seems like a good setup for a trap game. Team seems to be pretty banged up but it's at home so hopefully they can pull out a win. It will be interesting to see how Treadwell and Floyd perform this week. Is Easton out?
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

S197 wrote:Seems like a good setup for a trap game. Team seems to be pretty banged up but it's at home so hopefully they can pull out a win. It will be interesting to see how Treadwell and Floyd perform this week. Is Easton out?
Easton, Diggs, Bradford out vs Ravens.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

The Ravens are no way a match for us this year(based on
the first part of this season) if we don’t win this game
by over a touchdown we didn’t show up IMO.

Championship teams like the Pats kill teams
in these kind of match ups at home.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

jackal wrote:The Ravens are no way a match for us this year(based on

Nobody would mistake the Vikings for a championship team at this juncture. Just sayin'.

I'll be happy with a 'W' of any kind.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

jackal wrote:The Ravens are no way a match for us this year(based on

Patriots barely beat the Texans, Bucs, and Jets. They also got embarrassed at home by KC. Their only quality win this year has been against the Saints.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

S197 wrote: Patriots barely beat the Texans, Bucs, and Jets. They also got embarrassed at home by KC. Their only quality win this year has been against the Saints.
Pats should have lost to the Jets last week. Don't know how the officials overturned a TD into a touchback without any hard evidence on replay.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jets ... messed-up/
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I’m not talking about this years Pats per say....

I’m talking about where I want the Vikings
to be... a championship is the only thing
I care about.. I have had more than enough
almost’s and so close seasons.

I want to win the last NFL game of the
season .... anything else is nothing ...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

jackal wrote:I’m not talking about this years Pats per say....

Y'know, I get it. This is my 49th season as a Vikings fan. I want the same thing.

But whenever I hear folks talk about things like "consistent championship team," I just feel like maybe we should think about crawling before we leap tall buildings. It's been 40 years since we've even gotten to the Super Bowl. Heck, we need to get to the playoffs, which we've only done twice in 7 years.

This year's team had a chance to be special, but only if we kept our playmakers healthy. So far, Bradford, Cooks and Diggs -- arguably our three most important playmakers -- are out. So we're pretty far from a championship team. We're not likely to get there with Case Keenum and Latavius Murray. Yet we're still 4-2 with a great chance to head into the bye at 6-2.

I can guarantee you, Mike Zimmer is not talking championship in that locker room. He's talking about Baltimore. Nothing else.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

jackal wrote:I’m not talking about this years Pats per say....

I get it. But I just don't understand why fans are down, even on a win, if a team doesn't absolutely dominate. How often does that really happen?

The Ravens lost to the Bears but they also beat the Raiders who just beat KC. The Giants beat the Broncos. We killed the Saints who beat the Lions who beat us.

My point being there's a lot of parity in the NFL, especially this year. Teams are losing games they should win and vice versa. I just feel like an expectation of not just winning but winning by big margins is setting yourself up for disappointment.