Biggest surprise player so far

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Biggest surprise player so far

Post by PurpleMustReign »

808vikingsfan wrote:Speaking of Rick. I found this in another forum. Not sure if the numbers are correct.
https://www.reddit.com/r/minnesotavikin ... d_packers/
A lot of THAT IS Bryzinsky (sp?) too.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

PurpleMustReign wrote:A lot of THAT IS Bryzinsky (sp?) too.

Your right, Rob Brzezinski is a big part of that. He deserves a lot of credit as well! They are all doing a quality job of building a team. They all have to work together. there are a lot of moving parts.

The Packers on the other hand aren't even a mediocre team without Rodgers. I had been thinking that for a while. Take away Rodgers and they aren't well build to be very competitive. The article above makes some good points in regards to that.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Agreed I've said that SO many times on here. Especially last year. Pretend we never traded for Bradford and stuck with Hill.

We lost our starting LT, RT, interior guys on and off, our QB and our RB last year. Even losing all that, we would still be a better team than the Rodgers-less Packers. Aaron Rodgers IS the Packers. They are not a good football team without him. Mediocre RBs at best, decent OL that's often hurt, little depth and an average to below average defense.

Guys wanted to harp on Spielman last year after all these injuries and we still finish 8-8. Packers lose Rodgers and some others and will be lucky to get 3 more wins. They are lucky Rodgers already got them 4.

Their organization is very overrated IMO as of late. Aaron Rodgers makes life a lot easier for that front office. They haven't drafted or signed very well lately at all.

If you look at what Spielman has built since Zim has been here and what Thompson has done in that same time frame, Spielman is easily the superior GM. Not even close IMO. This is why I say I think Spielman is a solid GM. Has he done some questionable/idiotic moves at times? Yeah but every GM has at this point.

Everyone praises Schneider in Seattle. You wanna talk about a bad OL?? Our OL last year looks like the Dallas cowboys OL compared to Seattles over the past few years. And he's made little effort to improve it. No less they have a QB that can actually scramble unlike Bradford. Wilson has been sacked over 40 times EVERY YEAR other than his rookie year. Bradford took the most in his career last year with 37. Let that sink in. Sam Bradford, the most immobile QB in the league took 37 sacks last year and Wilson takes 40+ a year and can run all over the place. THATS how bad their OL is. No less Wilson has escaped how many? If he wasn't mobile it would be well into the 50s

Spielman is much better than people think IMO and I don't see my mind changing on that anytime soon just to forewarn the Spielman bashers
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I am not counting The Packers out. I can see them having a good year for no other reason that it would be our luck.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I am not counting The Packers out. I can see them having a good year for no other reason that it would be our luck.

I am not sure. even if Hundley does okay. I think Offense is average. which is amazing given their situation. But that defense stinks. It Stinks real bad.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I am not counting The Packers out. I can see them having a good year for no other reason that it would be our luck.

Couldnt agree with you more. I can see them snagging a win in GB when we play there too, just because they are the Packers. I dont think they win the division, but I can see them causing us some pain yet. I never count them out.