Will the Vikings Win 9 Games Or More?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Will The Vikings Win 9 Or More Games This Season?

Yes, the Vikings will win 9 or more games
74%
No, the Vikings will win 8 games or less
26%

Total votes: 43

Laserman
Hall of Famer

Re: Will the Vikings Win 9 Games Or More?

Post by Laserman »

Norv Zimmer wrote: How do you know that nobody else wanted them? I think if that were the case we would have gotten them much cheaper.
well the teams that let them go didn't want them did they? Until we build a line like Dallas did expect the same results. A offensive line doesn't get good without effort. I'd love to go 15-1 ,been following the Vikes since 1971-72 season. Sorry But just getting some teams castoff or two doesn't address a SERIOUS issue. We can't put a band aid on this issue and hope for the playoffs as many around here seem to be doing. I guess I'll have to say it for another 5 years: the game is won in the trenches.
The-Purple-Reign
Starter

Post by The-Purple-Reign »

16-0

:rock:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Laserman wrote: well the teams that let them go didn't want them did they? Until we build a line like Dallas did expect the same results. A offensive line doesn't get good without effort. I'd love to go 15-1 ,been following the Vikes since 1971-72 season. Sorry But just getting some teams castoff or two doesn't address a SERIOUS issue. We can't put a band aid on this issue and hope for the playoffs as many around here seem to be doing. I guess I'll have to say it for another 5 years: the game is won in the trenches.
By that logic, why did Linval Joseph get let go? Or Boone? I get what you're saying, and I agree that upgrades will continue to need to be made but just because a guy goes to free agency doesn't automatically make him a castoff.
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

I think they did the best they could with the O line given the tight market for O linemen and the fact that they drafted a RB round one. Saying they did nothing isn't fair. I wish we had taken an offensive lineman in round 1 but given the fact that we did not, I think the front office did what they could. Whether that's enough remains to be seen.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

I feel like an idiot now (Only now?) after the Vikings looked awful against the 49ers. I thought the 49ers were gonna suck again and maybe be the worst team in the league. Instead, our starters lost to their starters 14-0.

Here's a horrifying statistic: The Minnesota Vikings are three games in and the offensive starters haven't scored a touchdown yet. There is offensive ineptitude and then there is scoring 3 points in TWELVE POSSESSIONS. In the first two possessions against us, last year's 2-14 49ers scored TWO TOUCHDOWNS.

I still stick by 9 wins, hoping we find a way to get it in the end zone and make it happen against a soft schedule. It certainly isn't looking like the lock I thought it was. Our first two games are against teams with legit capability of scoring 30+ points, the Saints and the Steelers. How is this quite frankly nonexistent offense supposed to keep up with Brees and Roethlisberger?
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

give up on this sad excuse for a team...they are a joke.
we just got #### #### whipped by Hoyer.....he isnt even good enough for Chicago....
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

chicagopurple wrote:give up on this sad excuse for a team...they are a joke.
we just got #### #### whipped by Hoyer.....he isnt even good enough for Chicago....
Nobody said you have to watch them or post on here. So if you have given up, good for you. But nobody really cares to hear about it. There's a lot of fans that haven't. Especially because of fricken preseason games. Pretty sad fans give up on their team after that :confused:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Hoyer also torched us for over 400 yards with the Browns
too. I think Hoyer is better than people think.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

jackal wrote:Hoyer also torched us for over 400 yards with the Browns
too. I think Hoyer is better than people think.
He's spotty but has had some good moments.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly