2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by dead_poet »

Zimmer said Diggs will travel and has a chance to play Sunday.

Bradford not practicing.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

That is bad news about SB. I suspect his career could be a in serious jeopardy.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

mansquatch wrote:That is bad news about SB. I suspect his career could be a in serious jeopardy.
It doesnt mean much to me. Is it really worth it to rush him back vs the Browns when the bye week is coming up the week after? No. Not sure how you career ends by a bone bruise. Unless their is nerve damage, he'll be back at some point but something is telling me Teddy will be back before him
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Keenum was limited with a chest injury. Should be OK to start Sunday. Floyd returned (limited, shoulder). Diggs also returned (limited, shoulder).
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:Keenum was limited with a chest injury. Should be OK to start Sunday. Floyd returned (limited, shoulder). Diggs also returned (limited, shoulder).
If Keenum gets hurt, I will spit.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:If Keenum gets hurt, I will spit.

He (hopefully) only needs to make it through Sunday and get the win. Hopefully we'd have one of Teddy/Sam up and ready to dance after the bye.
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: It doesnt mean much to me. Is it really worth it to rush him back vs the Browns when the bye week is coming up the week after? No. Not sure how you career ends by a bone bruise. Unless their is nerve damage, he'll be back at some point but something is telling me Teddy will be back before him
Its a non contact bone bruise. Its directly related to his prior knee issues from my interpretation. Wear and tear. There have been some decent write-ups on it. Don't have time to dig one up right now. Head trainer Eric Sugarman talks about it in an interview after his failed start in Chicago. I am sure you can find that video on Vikings.com. This is not a simple bone bruise from getting hit hard, its much more serious than that IMO given it is directly related to prior injuries and that is likely what caused it. Look into it yourself, this is just my take on the information I have seen. Maybe some medical experts will chime in as well.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: It doesnt mean much to me. Is it really worth it to rush him back vs the Browns when the bye week is coming up the week after? No. Not sure how you career ends by a bone bruise. Unless their is nerve damage, he'll be back at some point but something is telling me Teddy will be back before him
I mean, it's reasonable to wonder if this isn't a bone bruise. 60% of people who have had an ACL surgery develop arthritis within 14 years and Sam Bradford has recently begun Regenokine treatment. The official report is a knee bruise, but Eric Sugarman is also on the record saying “Sam has wear and tear in his knee joint. And these injuries are very difficult to manage and treat".

If it is arthritis, its career threatening.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

DK Sweets wrote:I mean, it's reasonable to wonder if this isn't a bone bruise. 60% of people who have had an ACL surgery develop arthritis within 14 years and Sam Bradford has recently begun Regenokine treatment. The official report is a knee bruise, but Eric Sugarman is also on the record saying “Sam has wear and tear in his knee joint. And these injuries are very difficult to manage and treat".

If it is arthritis, its career threatening.
Given how secretive Zimmer is with injuries, coupled with anything that could be "chronic" would be debilitating for Sam's market value. It wouldn't shock me if you're correct and the team doesn't see value in making that announcement that would threaten not only Sam's personal value but also his potential trade value (though he'd have to undergo a physical and MRIs with any team that would trade for him).

On the other hand, it could be something that goes away with rest and is manageable. He's not a running back or DB so there's a chance he can be effective if it can be managed well enough. It certainly seems problematic and the lack of clarity is only going to fuel these kinds of rumors and speculation.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Why would we trade Sam... He is a free agent after this season.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Why would we trade Sam... He is a free agent after this season.

There has been some speculation about a possible franchise-and-trade scenario. Probably not all that likely, especially now. It would also assume Teddy is and can remain healthy and be "the man" for the future.
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

dead_poet wrote:
There has been some speculation about a possible franchise-and-trade scenario. Probably not all that likely, especially now. It would also assume Teddy is and can remain healthy and be "the man" for the future.[/quote

Not likely is putting it lightly. Franchise and trade is not an option for Sam. If there is a GM out there ready to make that deal, please, let me know who, I'd love to sell him some "Sky Hooks" for advertising. I just don't understand how anyone can think that either one of these guys (SB or Teddy) is gonna get any big guaranteed money anytime soon. They both have a lot to prove IMO
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Alaskan wrote: I just don't understand how anyone can think that either one of these guys (SB or Teddy) is gonna get any big guaranteed money anytime soon. They both have a lot to prove IMO
Because look around the league at quarterback play. Assuming Sam's injury isn't chronic, there's a 100% chance he gets paid, with guaranteed money. Sam has "proven" himself, especially with last year under his belt. Teams need to see Teddy healthy and dealing before they'd shell out any $$ for him given how long he's been away and the severity of his knee injury. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if some team gave Teddy a short-term deal with some guaranteed money as a "roll the dice" chance as part of a QB competition. But you're right, they need to show up on the field again.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Five #Vikings limited today: Case Keenum (chest), Stefon Diggs (groin/ankle), Easton (calf), Floyd (hamstring), Alexander (hip)

Keenum limited?

Any possibility?

If Keenum can't go, do you start Sloter or take a chance with Teddy?
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

808vikingsfan wrote:Five #Vikings limited today: Case Keenum (chest), Stefon Diggs (groin/ankle), Easton (calf), Floyd (hamstring), Alexander (hip)

Keenum limited?

Any possibility?

If Keenum can't go, do you start Sloter or take a chance with Teddy?
If medically cleared, you go with Teddy.