Vikings and Scott Turner Part Ways

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Vikings and Scott Turner Part Ways

Post by mansquatch »

Oh I agree that the TB stuff is still more on the horizon than anything. I was just pointing out that the guys who worked the hardest to bring him here, at least initially are now gone.

I do think that Shurmer's general scheme is a better fit for TB, at least what we saw of him pre-injury.

The good news is we have SB and unless he gets hurt we can afford to wait out TB for another 12 months. Really not much else to talk about as far as he is concerned until he starts running around again.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

mansquatch wrote:Oh I agree that the TB stuff is still more on the horizon than anything. I was just pointing out that the guys who worked the hardest to bring him here, at least initially are now gone.
I understand. However, Spielman and Zimmer remain and we know they love him so the departure of the Turners may not mean much. I think the bigger problem for TB (aside from the obvious) is that Bradford's a better QB.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Mothman wrote:I think the bigger problem for TB (aside from the obvious) is that Bradford's a better QB.
And here I thought that was obvious too... :rofl:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Thaumaturgist wrote:And here I thought that was obvious too... :rofl:
Bada-boom!
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Eh, when did I say SB wasn't better than TB?

I've been on the pro SB bandwagon for awhile now. I just don't think they'll cut TB right away.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

mansquatch wrote:Eh, when did I say SB wasn't better than TB?
You didn't... I wasn't trying to imply otherwise so I hope my post didn't come across that way.
I've been on the pro SB bandwagon for awhile now. I just don't think they'll cut TB right away.
I don't either. Assuming the health of both players, that decision would likely be made in the 2018 offseason, if it happens at all.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Barring injury to Bradford, it seems unlikily Teddy ever takes another snap for the Vikings. I expect he'll wind up on the PUP and then IR next year anyway. Hopefully the nerve isn't injured/will recover, but if he's played his last snap, Teddy is the type of guy who is still going to be just fine.

If he does ever come back, I could see a reunion with Turner as a realistic possibility.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins