Bradford set a pretty impressive all time record

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Bradford set a pretty impressive all time record

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I guess i would not pick up Teddy's option. Either way, we will have to pay big for a QB, whether it is Sam or Teddy. If Sam has another good year, it will be him. Bradford would have to get hurt or REALLY suck for him to not be the QB of the future. I would dather sign Bradford to a long deal this offseason.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Bradford set a pretty impressive all time record

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I guess i would not pick up Teddy's option. Either way, we will have to pay big for a QB, whether it is Sam or Teddy. If Sam has another good year, it will be him. Bradford would have to get hurt or REALLY suck for him to not be the QB of the future. I would dather sign Bradford to a long deal this offseason.
I think they need to be careful about how they handle both situations. As far as I'm concerned, Bradford earned his shot to be the long term starter this season but it was just one season. I like Bradford quite a bit (I even suggested him as a potential solution for the Vikes a few years ago, when it became evident the Rams might trade him) but the Vikings need to be cognizant of his history and his shortcomings. Rushing into an expensive, long term contract with him after just one season could be a mistake.

As for Bridgewater: 5th year options are guaranteed against injuries but I don't know how that works with pre-existing injuries. I assume if they picked up the option, they could still choose to cut him before the league year began in 2018 without significant cap repercussions. In that sense, picking up his option to keep their options open might make sense.