PHP's "Early Bird Gets the Worm" Mock Offseason

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Re: PHP's "Early Bird Gets the Worm" Mock Offseason

Post by Husker Vike »

I don't think Beavers is ready to start, he is not even close to being as good as Sirles,
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Husker Vike wrote:I don't think Beavers is ready to start, he is not even close to being as good as Sirles,
I thought Sirles played quite well this season. I am also not ready to give up on Clemmings, but I am fast running out of patience with him.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: PHP's

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I thought Sirles played quite well this season. I am also not ready to give up on Clemmings, but I am fast running out of patience with him.

I'm not sure why but I feel like he would be much better at guard. He's a pretty strong guy and won't have to deal with speedy edge rushers which won't cause him to dip his head so much
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I thought Sirles played quite well this season. I am also not ready to give up on Clemmings, but I am fast running out of patience with him.

I thought Sirles had his good and bad moments. He has some room to grow and I think he could develop.

Maybe Clemmings would be better at guard. He doesn't look like he's an NFL tackle to me.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

VikingLord wrote: I thought Sirles had his good and bad moments. He has some room to grow and I think he could develop.

Maybe Clemmings would be better at guard. He doesn't look like he's an NFL tackle to me.

Are you thinking Night shift or Day shift? He would probably need desk duty, doesn't look good on his feet.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

IrishViking wrote:
Are you thinking Night shift or Day shift? He would probably need desk duty, doesn't look good on his feet.
Thanks for the laugh. That was funny.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

VikingLord wrote: I thought Sirles had his good and bad moments. He has some room to grow and I think he could develop.

I think that Sirles is better suited at guard. He was only playing tackle because we had no one. But I agree he didn't do to bad of a job.

Ryan Ramczyk has a hip problem...The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, citing unnamed NFL personnel, reported earlier this week that Ramczyk would undergo arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn labrum in his hip after Wisconsin's appearance in the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic.
The same procedure that Kalil had done. Not sure if we want a younger kalil.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

halfgiz wrote:
Ryan Ramczyk has a hip problem...The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, citing unnamed NFL personnel, reported earlier this week that Ramczyk would undergo arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn labrum in his hip after Wisconsin's appearance in the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic.
The same procedure that Kalil had done. Not sure if we want a younger kalil.
Yes it looks like he will need surgery. Thats why I had him falling. I think it's good value in the 2nd if he's healthy.

Just because he has a tear in his hip doesnt mean he's "another Kalil". Kalil had the injury AFTER he's struggled for the past few years.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Yes it looks like he will need surgery. Thats why I had him falling. I think it's good value in the 2nd if he's healthy.

Just because he has a tear in his hip doesnt mean he's "another Kalil". Kalil had the injury AFTER he's struggled for the past few years.
True, but I think most suspect, like I do, that the injury that necessitated surgery is a major factor in the dip in his quality of play.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Texas Vike wrote: True, but I think most suspect, like I do, that the injury that necessitated surgery is a major factor in the dip in his quality of play.
His hip injury occurred this year. He's had other nagging injuries like toe, knee, etc. but this hip injury wasnt a factor until this year
-Chazz Palminteri
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

I am not against brining Kalil back, but he cannot be the highest paid tackle in the league, that is for sure.

I don't really understand why you want to get rid of Locke, I haven't looked at stats, but at a glance he seemed to have the best season of his career this year and is on an upward trajectory.

I am interested in hearing If/When we will have Harris back on OL.
Formerly AADPFan
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: His hip injury occurred this year. He's had other nagging injuries like toe, knee, etc. but this hip injury wasnt a factor until this year
My bad. But my point still stands--his performance has regressed due to nagging injuries. The question is: do we want to draft another LT with questionable health?

I don't. I'd look elsewhere.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Grashopa wrote:I am not against brining Kalil back, but he cannot be the highest paid tackle in the league, that is for sure.

I don't really understand why you want to get rid of Locke, I haven't looked at stats, but at a glance he seemed to have the best season of his career this year and is on an upward trajectory.

I am interested in hearing If/When we will have Harris back on OL.
Here is what our PFF line grades were this year. With Clemming being the lowest rated tackle out of all NFL LT's
Clemmings 28.2

Kalil 36.9

Smith 39.3

Fusco 52.0

Berger 85.0

Boone 76.5

Sirles 70.3

Anything below 50 is really pretty bad.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Sirles and Easton showed potential. Hopefully one or both can improve to a solid depth player or perhaps a starter. Frankly, I'm done with Clemmings, I think it's time to cut the losses and move on.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Here is what our PFF line grades were this year. With Clemming being the lowest rated tackle out of all NFL LT's
Clemmings 28.2

Kalil 36.9

Smith 39.3

Fusco 52.0

Berger 85.0

Boone 76.5

Sirles 70.3

Anything below 50 is really pretty bad.[/quote]

So it looks as though we have a Center, a guard, and a tackle. Need to add pieces and finding a LT is a priority. I am all for bringing in Wagner, but I think he's a RT? I think though he's a proven NFL player and Sirles provides a quality backup. Easton is our backup Center, I can live with that. Boone at LG... If Harris is back, what was his score in 2015? I think that he was a fairly good RG for us... Right? Fusco would be a very good backup Guard with Shepherd.