They flat out gave up

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: They flat out gave up

Post by Mothman »

TSonn wrote:Zimmer sure didn't look very excited to be talking about AD missing the final game during his presser today.
He hasn't looked excited about much lately, which is understandable.

I suspect AD's days as a Minnesota Viking are over. I get the impression both he and the team are ready to part ways.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Mothman wrote: He hasn't looked excited about much lately, which is understandable.

I suspect AD's days as a Minnesota Viking are over. I get the impression both he and the team are ready to part ways.
I think that's very likely as well. If he were to consider a restructure, I wonder what the Vikes would offer him? 5-7 mil a year for 2 years? I wonder what his value is to other teams.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

TSonn wrote: I think that's very likely as well. If he were to consider a restructure, I wonder what the Vikes would offer him? 5-7 mil a year for 2 years? I wonder what his value is to other teams.
My guess would be somewhere in the 3-8 million a year range, depending on the team and the terms of the contract. In other words, incentives could push a deal into the higher end of that range as could a team that sees him as a "final piece".

Who knows?

If he is done as a Viking, I hate to see it end this way, with him barely playing this season. Earlier in his career, I really believed he could have been a key player in a Super Bowl season for the Vikings but they were just never able to make that happen.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Mothman wrote:

I think that's very likely as well. If he were to consider a restructure, I wonder what the Vikes would offer him? 5-7 mil a year for 2 years? I wonder what his value is to other teams.

My guess would be somewhere in the 3-8 million a year range, depending on the team and the terms of the contract. In other words, incentives could push a deal into the higher end of that range as could a team that sees him as a "final piece".

Who knows?

If he is done as a Viking, I hate to see it end this way, with him barely playing this season. Earlier in his career, I really believed he could have been a key player in a Super Bowl season for the Vikings but they were just never able to make that happen.
Just like we wasted the Moss years, the Kevin Williams years, etc.

Peterson takes some blame though. His fumbles at crucial moments really have hurt this team in the post season and in critical moments.

I am not ready to see him just flat out cut. He can still be productive for this team, but he will need a huge pay cut.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

AD should have been traded at the start of this "rebuild".
The offensive coordinator quit halfway through the season.
The GM was ready to quit on the offensive coordinator before the season began.

The defense stayed in the season mentally as long as they could...