Remaining Schedules

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Remaining Schedules

Post by jackal »

we lost this season because of our OL which made our offense pathetic in most games.

if we would had a decent OL and moderate offense we could win a lot of games.,..

If our leadership does not fix this next off season ... I think it will be time to give up on
them.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

Updated original post after today's games. Took out teams that no longer matter, assuming Vikings get to 10 wins. Changed game outcome between Lions/Packers to show possible route to NFC North Champions.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

There is literally zero chance this team is going to suddenly string together 4 in a row again. I don't even feel confident this team can beat Jacksonville this coming Sunday.

2016 is a lost cause. But hey, since we are slaves to Philly, we might as well try to win as many games as we can.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:There is literally zero chance this team is going to suddenly string together 4 in a row again. I don't even feel confident this team can beat Jacksonville this coming Sunday.

2016 is a lost cause. But hey, since we are slaves to Philly, we might as well try to win as many games as we can.
They won 5 in a row to start the year, so "literally no chance" is a bit extreme. That said, I certainly don't think they will :)
Damian
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:There is literally zero chance this team is going to suddenly string together 4 in a row again. I don't even feel confident this team can beat Jacksonville this coming Sunday.

You do realize that this team held the supposed most prolific offense to one long drive the other night? While the offense is stumbling, the defense is playing lights out. Cowboys are averaging 28 points per game, and the defense held them to 10 in reality. That second TD is on special teams. Now, that doesn't mean that they are going to win, but if the offensive line even remotely shows some life in the next few weeks anything is possible.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

Raptorman wrote:Simplest route for the Vikings in the playoffs is they win out. IF that happens, the Bucs would need to lose two and the Skins one. That is assuming the Lions take the division.
Or the giants lose two. we need alot of losses plus a win out. Hate to say it but things aren't looking too good. Two teams need to #### the bed and I think the best chance would be tampa and ny. Giants have to play detroit and dallas plus the skins. Tampa has the saints twice and dallas. Skins got carolina, the bears and philly lol. ugh.

Then again none of this really matters unless we run the table.One loss and its not an "official" drop but you might as well start the procession
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

VikingPaul73 wrote::ripple: :ripple: :ripple: :ripple:

Vikes will finish 8-8 or 7-9. They will lose both road games, SHOULD beat the bears at home, and the Indy game at home is a coin flip.

they are simply not a good football team right now.
Colts beat the Jets 41-10...that's a lot of points.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Well, my scenario went to dust rather quickly.

I cant believe how perfect things went as far as the wildcard race, I thought there was no way the Packers or Vikings would get a wildcard berth, but its not looking so unlikely now as long as we keep winning, we both beat the Giants, and they are 8- 4 with Dal and Detroit coming up, they also play the Redskins later.

The Bucs need two losses and they play Dal yet, the Redskins just lost to the Cards and they need just one loss to fall behind us.
Last edited by Jordysghost on Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

halfgiz wrote: Colts beat the Jets 41-10...that's a lot of points.
Yeah that was impressive.....so, it's looking more like 7-9 I guess :|
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Harrison Smith could be done for the year with a grade 3 sprain. That will hurt us...
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

We will not beat greenbay, maybe lose to the colts too. Should beat the bears and the jags. We will not be in the playoffs. There's no a hope
GoldenBear91
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by GoldenBear91 »

jackal wrote:we lost this season because of our OL which made our offense pathetic in most games.

if we would had a decent OL and moderate offense we could win a lot of games.,..

If our leadership does not fix this next off season ... I think it will be time to give up on
them.
Agreed.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

jackal wrote:we lost this season because of our OL which made our offense pathetic in most games.

them.
How does leadership fix 5 tackles going down to injury? And every other position at some point in time.

Leadership needs to upgrade the line, I don't think there's any argument there but what happened this year could not be fixed by any team.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

Figured this thread would be a good place to put the link to the ESPN NFL Playoff Machine. You can play with it and see how different games would impact the playoffs. Fun toy to see how tie breakers apply and to decide what teams to cheer for/against.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

With the Giants beating the Cowboys the Vikings now need to win out, and have at least two teams lose two games or the Lions lose all three.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966