Top 10 graded PFF players of the week

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

AlldayPotter
Backup

Top 10 graded PFF players of the week

Post by AlldayPotter »

1. Xavier Rhodes

And

10. Danielle hunter

Rhodes had amazing game, Palmer had a rating of 0.0 when throwing to him on 7 targets.

Danielle hunter had 2 crucial sacks and was top on our team with 9 pressures on Palmer. Is hunter the starter yet? And if not, why is he not. He now has the team high of 7 sacks for a backup DE.

And finally, on a side note. Just my opinon, so far this season I feel like Anthony Barr is not being used very well in our defense. Statistically he is not haviNG a good year. The same with Harrison smith (even though he is like no. 4 on PFF for safties). Just feel like Harrison smith should be in more coverage and Barr should be the one to blitz more often. Then again, we do have 3rd ranked defense. But that's just my 2 cents. Just feel like Barr is the odd man out this year on our defense.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Top 10 graded PFF players of the week

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I'm not sure if Hunter is officially a starter because they may feel he isn't stout enough vs. the run but he is probably their best pass rusher with the possible exception of Griffen. I agree on Barr. He should be utilized more as a blitzer imo.
Last edited by Maelstrom88 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Maelstrom88 wrote:I'm not sure if Hunter is officially a starter because they may feel he isn't stout enough vs. the run but he is probably their best pass rusher with the possible exception of Griffen. I agree on Barry. He should be utilized more advanced a blitzer imo.

RE: Barr. That was his major talent coming out of UCLA, after all. It seems odd that he very rarely is sent on blitzes now and has become a coverage LB.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Texas Vike wrote:
RE: Barr. That was his major talent coming out of UCLA, after all. It seems odd that he very rarely is sent on blitzes now and has become a coverage LB.
According to Pro Football Reference Greenway only got 15 snaps yesterday (20.3%). Lamur got 1 snap and all others zero (aside from Barr & Kendricks). This tells me that most of the time Zim is playing with only 2 LBs so Barr and Kendricks are forced to cover (or spy). Barr got 100% of the defensive snaps at 74 and EK got 93.2%.
AlldayPotter
Backup

Post by AlldayPotter »

That's crazy Barr played 100% of the snaps, guess I didn't realize how much we play only 2 LB. Harrison is basically hybrid safety/LB , just wierd that they have him doing thst over sandejo, since Harrison smith is so good at coverage INTS.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

AlldayPotter wrote:That's crazy Barr played 100% of the snaps, guess I didn't realize how much we play only 2 LB. Harrison is basically hybrid safety/LB , just wierd that they have him doing thst over sandejo, since Harrison smith is so good at coverage INTS.

The previously much maligned Sendejo has actually become pretty stout at those. He has had some blown coverage but as far as missed INT chances... I haven't seen any plays this year with him were I would have said "Harrison would have been in position for that!"
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Harrison Smith's sack yesterday was a thing of beauty.

I can't tell you how many times during the game he zipped up toward the line like he was going to blitz, then hustled back into coverage. He faked it many times, but Zimmer never sent him. Finally, when Zimmer sent him on that last drive, the Cardinals were caught completely off guard. Hitman came untouched, and he really got on Palmer in a hurry, even though he was hobbled a bit from an earlier collision.

Barr was in on 7 tackles yesterday, so it wasn't like he was invisible. He's not blitzing that much, but as another poster suggested, the Vikings are in nickel so much that there's rarely more linebackers than Barr and Kendricks on the field.

I wonder where Trae Waynes ended up on PFF's rankings. Honestly, I don't care what PFF says. It was plain to me yesterday -- that guy is glue. He was all over the Cardinals' receivers. I know he got the two flags, but one was B.S. A great deal of Palmer's issues in the second half were because Waynes was mirroring his man so well. When this kid learns to minimize the penalties, he and Rhodes are going to be REALLY tough as a tandem.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Harrison Smith's sack yesterday was a thing of beauty.

I can't tell you how many times during the game he zipped up toward the line like he was going to blitz, then hustled back into coverage. He faked it many times, but Zimmer never sent him. Finally, when Zimmer sent him on that last drive, the Cardinals were caught completely off guard. Hitman came untouched, and he really got on Palmer in a hurry, even though he was hobbled a bit from an earlier collision.

Barr was in on 7 tackles yesterday, so it wasn't like he was invisible. He's not blitzing that much, but as another poster suggested, the Vikings are in nickel so much that there's rarely more linebackers than Barr and Kendricks on the field.

I wonder where Trae Waynes ended up on PFF's rankings. Honestly, I don't care what PFF says. It was plain to me yesterday -- that guy is glue. He was all over the Cardinals' receivers. I know he got the two flags, but one was B.S. A great deal of Palmer's issues in the second half were because Waynes was mirroring his man so well. When this kid learns to minimize the penalties, he and Rhodes are going to be REALLY tough as a tandem.
Thanks for mentioning Waynes! That kid played a great game from what I saw. He made a couple of nice tackles too. I'm in agreement about him and Rhodes going forward. The secondary looks good~
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Nunin wrote: Thanks for mentioning Waynes! That kid played a great game from what I saw. He made a couple of nice tackles too. I'm in agreement about him and Rhodes going forward. The secondary looks good~
I love the secondary, once waynes gets a better grasp of things ( I am thinking next year) it is going to be awesome. Sendejo still gets on my nerves, the dude needs to learn how to wrap up a tackle. I really wanted the Vikings to try and draft Landon Collins to play next to smith... that would be a awesome duo!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Norv Zimmer wrote: I love the secondary, once waynes gets a better grasp of things ( I am thinking next year) it is going to be awesome. Sendejo still gets on my nerves, the dude needs to learn how to wrap up a tackle. I really wanted the Vikings to try and draft Landon Collins to play next to smith... that would be a awesome duo!

Don't you think it's time we invest in OTHER positions? Like OL, for example? :lol:

I love that the future looks so bright for our secondary and that they got back to being dominant in the 2nd half of the AZ game. There's a real symbiosis between our DL and secondary, though. We need to get pressure for the secondary to be at their best, and when they cover well they give the DL a bit more time to get that pressure.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

morning~
-
i actually think Sendejo has become more of an asset as time goes by. They can always look to upgrade, but like Tex said, they hopefully will be using high picks for other spots. Maybe Kearse will get it figured out too.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Nunin wrote:morning~
-
i actually think Sendejo has become more of an asset as time goes by. They can always look to upgrade, but like Tex said, they hopefully will be using high picks for other spots. Maybe Kearse will get it figured out too.
He's been significantly better than he was last year. Still, his 3 million salary could be more use next year going toward a new LT, or OG.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

fiestavike wrote: He's been significantly better than he was last year. Still, his 3 million salary could be more use next year going toward a new LT, or OG.
I just made a comment in another thread about the bradford trade and team building but i forgot to mention the point you make here. The vikes have several guys who IMO make way more than they earn. they gotta do a lot of shifting this offseason so they can build correctly from a financial perspective too.
-
on a sidenote i just read that the vikes lead the league in salary paid to guys on IR...$30mil+
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I'd be careful pulling the trigger too quickly on Sendejo. Our pass defense has not been nearly as good when he's been out. His ability to be where he's supposed to be allows Harrison Smith to roam the way he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:I'd be careful pulling the trigger too quickly on Sendejo. Our pass defense has not been nearly as good when he's been out. His ability to be where he's supposed to be allows Harrison Smith to roam the way he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No doubt about it Kapp. The team is not as good when he's not there, and I think that applies on run fits as well. It will depend what they do about guys under contract like Peterson, Bradford, Floyd, Robison, and what they prioritize with guys like Patterson, Kalil etc. They might have plenty of cap room, and 3 million isn't a lot to pay for a starting S. If it comes down to it though, they need to coach up the young guys on rookie deals and give that money to someone who can protect the QB and open some lanes in the run game.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins