Desperately seeking Zim

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Desperately seeking Zim

Post by chicagopurple »

Mothman and I are just old enough Vike fans that just making the post season is like kissing you cousin.....not good enough! Time to pony up, set a truly high standard of excellence for everyone from the owner to trainers and actually create a real opportunity to be a champion. This team is NOT all that.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

chicagopurple wrote:Mothman and I are just old enough Vike fans that just making the post season is like kissing you cousin.....not good enough! Time to pony up, set a truly high standard of excellence for everyone from the owner to trainers and actually create a real opportunity to be a champion. This team is NOT all that.
So, you're saying that kissing your cousin is good, just not good enough?!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

PacificNorseWest wrote: So, you're saying that kissing your cousin is good, just not good enough?!
:lol:

Pretty sure you read that right!
:oops:

Those were different times, I guess? :rofl: (The 1800s, I mean).
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:Those were different times, I guess? :rofl: (The 1800s, I mean).
We did a whole lot o' cousin-kissin' back then!

To Marc's point: just making the postseason definitely isn't good enough for me anymore. It's always more fun to see the team in the playoffs than not but I want to see the high standard of excellence mentioned above. Other teams achieve it so we know it's not impossible. It's long past time for the Vikings to truly get their act together and keep it together.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

I noticed in Zim's press conferences lately he has more of Bill Belichick type attitude. Like he's doing it but he doesn't really want to be there.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Raptorman wrote:I noticed in Zim's press conferences lately he has more of Bill Belichick type attitude. Like he's doing it but he doesn't really want to be there.
Kinda makes me nervous. I love Zim, but the Vikes can't have a coach disinterested or not fully invested.

I just wanna know what's going on. Actually, I don't need to if they turn this around, but there's something behind the scenes that we are not aware of.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Mothman wrote: I think a Vikings Super Bowl was a serious long shot this year even with healthy tackles. Frankly, I feel the organization is caught up in a painfully frustrating cycle and it may take drastic changes to truly get it on track and keep it there. I'm fed up with my favorite team. :(
If you really want to get frustrated, read the links I posted that got lost in shuffle here. The OL epidemic is not unique to the Vikings even though we are (sadly) probably he most acute case of it. There is a league wide shortage of quality OL players and there are systemic reasons for this shortage. I made a long post about it in the Running Game thread. Not to toot my horn, but you should read it.

Cliff Notes Version: We are not the only team with the problem and it isn't likely that the problem is going away.

FWIW: I think if both tackles and AP had remained healthy this team would have been one of the top 2 seeds in the NFC. The line / running game would have improved as the season wore on and they gained confidence via winning. It wouldn't have been great, but it also wouldn't have been the total crap show we have now. Denver won it all with an OK passing offense, shoddy OL, and great defense. We had that formula minus a dependable kicker.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi