QB Sneak

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

QB Sneak

Post by YikesVikes »

Is it me, or does it seem like the Vikings do not have a QB sneak play in their playbooks.
3rd and Inches, most teams line up and run a QB sneak to pick up the yards. Brady is one of the best at picking up 2 and 3 yards. During the last game, the announcers pointed out that the alleys for the sneak were there. Instead we turn around and get stuff, time and time again. I don't think Sam's injury history is a reason for this either. It just makes no sense to me that we don't take this easy play.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Re: QB Sneak

Post by chicagopurple »

He is not a running QB and we cant afford the injury.... well he will ikely be killed soon anyways given our non-existent OL....
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

chicagopurple wrote:He is not a running QB and we cant afford the injury.... well he will ikely be killed soon anyways given our non-existent OL....
Brady is a running QB?
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

But to have a successful QB sneak your line has to get some push..... OURS CAN'T!
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Norv Zimmer wrote:But to have a successful QB sneak your line has to get some push..... OURS CAN'T!
We have proven not to be successful at handing it off. How about we try the damn sneak.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

It really pissed me off yesterday when we were succesful with short passes. Then comes 3rd and 1 at midfield and they run asiata up the middle for a loss.

WHY GO AWAY FROM WHAT IS WORKING???????? :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed:
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Norv Zimmer wrote:It really pissed me off yesterday when we were succesful with short passes. Then comes 3rd and 1 at midfield and they run asiata up the middle for a loss.

WHY GO AWAY FROM WHAT IS WORKING???????? :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed:
How many games have we lost this season because of this? I count at least 2
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

YikesVikes wrote:Is it me, or does it seem like the Vikings do not have a QB sneak play in their playbooks.
3rd and Inches, most teams line up and run a QB sneak to pick up the yards. Brady is one of the best at picking up 2 and 3 yards. During the last game, the announcers pointed out that the alleys for the sneak were there. Instead we turn around and get stuff, time and time again. I don't think Sam's injury history is a reason for this either. It just makes no sense to me that we don't take this easy play.
The funny thing is if you watch the play after he points out the "bubble" that gap gets absolutely wrecked by the DT.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

S197 wrote: The funny thing is if you watch the play after he points out the "bubble" that gap gets absolutely wrecked by the DT.
The great thing about the QB sneak is you don't have to sustain the block. Simply get a helmet on your guy and fall. The QB does the rest. It took us 3 tries from the 1 yard line to score. Handing off doesn't work. Do something else.
:soap
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Norv Zimmer wrote:But to have a successful QB sneak your line has to get some push..... OURS CAN'T!
Bingo.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Bingo.
So ask them to push and sustain it.
:appl:
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

YikesVikes wrote: So ask them to push and sustain it.
:appl:

Asking is one thing, the return, another. Those guys up front just suck.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

I really don't think of Asiata being a power back. And Hillman & Mckinion aren't either.
We need a big pounding back that is going to move the pile. Then hopefully we will get our 3rd and inches.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

NO back can succeed without an OL, sorry but the team is doomed to failure until Spielman does his damn job and drafts 4-5 passable NFL Offensive Lineman....Nothing will be good till then.