Jake Long

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RFIP
Veteran

Re: Jake Long

Post by RFIP »

Texas Vike wrote:Any word on whether he's expected to start for us this week? I'm guessing not, but who knows?

I read somewhere yesterday that TJ and Sirles will start at tackle this week which disappoints me but I trust Zim and he'll get Long in there soon I'm sure.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Zimmer acknowledged T.J. Clemmings and Jeremiah Sirles are starting the week of practice as the tackles.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Demi wrote: Like Bradford is worse than Hill until he learns the offense? They could tell him in the huddle what his assignment is and he's likely better based on sheer ability than the guy who knows who his assignment is and can't handle them....

Oline play isnt QB play and its way more nuanced then. "URGGH me block him, hit hard, PANCAKE!!!!"

If you don't know your assignments and the lingo you could whiff on a block and a defender could blow by you and hit your QB unblocked and tear your QBs ACL. You know, the exact thing that Long did 4 years ago?

:confused:
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

IrishViking wrote:

Oline play isnt QB play and its way more nuanced then. "URGGH me block him, hit hard, PANCAKE!!!!"

If you don't know your assignments and the lingo you could whiff on a block and a defender could blow by you and hit your QB unblocked and tear your QBs ACL. You know, the exact thing that Long did 4 years ago?

:confused:
Apparently that can happen if you know the assignment and the lingo as well. :)