The Vikings’ Secret Weapon

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

The Vikings’ Secret Weapon

Post by Mothman »

Nice article about Mike Zimmer from MMQB:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/09/27/nfl- ... m-bradford
Is it special teams, which returned a punt for a TD against the Panthers? Is it the defense, which punished Cam Newton and held Kelvin Benjamin to no catches? Is it Sam Bradford learning on the fly? Not exactly. It’s the man on the sideline calling all the shots
It’s easy for Kyle Rudolph to explain how Vikings coach Mike Zimmer gets the most out of his players. His best example is himself.
In Sunday’s 22-10 statement win against the Panthers, the sixth-year tight end caught seven passes for 70 yards, including the touchdown that put the Vikings on top for good. But a year ago Rudolph was frustrated. He was catching just a couple passes per game and felt he wasn’t contributing in a meaningful way. During the bye week last October, Zimmer called him into his office.
More at the link. It's good to see Zimmer getting this kind of national attention for the job he's doing.
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Re: The Vikings’ Secret Weapon

Post by dkoby »

Uh-oh, the experts are getting dangerously close to calling Zimmer a "great" coach.... :evil: :whistle:
Just kidding guys, it's a good debate to have.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
losperros
Commissioner

Re: The Vikings’ Secret Weapon

Post by losperros »

Zimmer is a much more heady coach than he's given credit for being. Sure, he's a tough disciplinarian but it wouldn't matter much if he wasn't a deductive reasoner as well.

Right now the Vikings are a well coached team, for the most part. I still have issues with Norv but no doubt Zimmer's guile is keeping the team together.