Thoughts on turning Cam Newton into Fig Newton

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Thoughts on turning Cam Newton into Fig Newton

Post by Texas Vike »

Nunin wrote: Ahhh, he doesn't bother me in the least. It's just funny. He's another foot soldier in what I have dubbed: 'The Kardashianization of the nation'

Nice take. He's pretty inoffensive to me too. Just kind of a simple boob, who celebrates too much and wants attention.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

Texas Vike wrote:

Nice take. He's pretty inoffensive to me too. Just kind of a simple boob, who celebrates too much and wants attention.
He really likes the attention eh? lol
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Nunin wrote: He really likes the attention eh? lol

Honestly, I pay almost zero attention to today's pop culture, so I barely know who the Kardashians are or how Cam's a soldier in the Kardashianization as you put it... but, yeah, he seems overly eager for the spotlight. Is that the understatement of the day? I'm honestly not sure what's made you lol! :lol:
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

Texas Vike wrote:
Honestly, I pay almost zero attention to today's pop culture, so I barely know who the Kardashians are or how Cam's a soldier in the Kardashianization as you put it... but, yeah, he seems overly eager for the spotlight. Is that the understatement of the day? I'm honestly not sure what's made you lol! :lol:
i just lolled at the absurdity of the pop culture. i only know of the kardashians cause there is always an item on the google newsfeed about one of them. it's truly weird. if it really bothered me in any way i could not follow pro sports at all as it has all become so intertwined. like it's one big reality tv show.
I dig any kind of athlete doing amazing things cause it can't be faked, most everything else around sports, including many of the identities of the participants,
seems completely contrived. Like the kardashians lol
I guess that's why i like people like Zimmer and Tomlin, belicheck etc. They remind me of big old rocks in a giant river of wtf?
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Nunin wrote: i just lolled at the absurdity of the pop culture. i only know of the kardashians cause there is always an item on the google newsfeed about one of them. it's truly weird. if it really bothered me in any way i could not follow pro sports at all as it has all become so intertwined. like it's one big reality tv show.
I dig any kind of athlete doing amazing things cause it can't be faked, most everything else around sports, including many of the identities of the participants,
seems completely contrived. Like the kardashians lol
I guess that's why i like people like Zimmer and Tomlin, belicheck etc. They remind me of big old rocks in a giant river of wtf?
OK, gotcha. :thumbsup:

Nice metaphor.

Is your username Noonan (as in the great Danny Noonan from Caddy Shack) or ???? something else ?
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

Texas Vike wrote: OK, gotcha. :thumbsup:

Nice metaphor.

Is your username Noonan (as in the great Danny Noonan from Caddy Shack) or ???? something else ?
actually it was supposed to be muninn, a norse raven whose name meant memory...but my memory failed me. there is a post in the viking bar intro thread where a poster explained it to me. kind of funny actually
so, i guess nunin can mean whatever you want it to at this point lol
Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Something else for you all to think about:

If someone said we would lose Teddy, AD, Kalil, and possibly Boone for extended time (possibly the whole season), and we would be 3-0, would you have believed them?
Yes. Teddy isn't that good, Kalil sucks, Boone blows, and AD may be one of the best running backs in the NFL but he is no longer critical to our winning. I absolutely would have given us a better chance without those players. There's one more guy we need to lose to complete our offensive rebirth.
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Simply put, this is the best Viking defense I have ever seen, and I am not exaggerating. When you have a 38 year old cornerback making plays, and your front four can sack the most mobile QB in the NFL eight times, you have something special. PURPLE MUST REIGN BABY.

The OL looked good in the second half against what many say is the best defense in the NFL. Well, I have news for you folks... our defense is pretty good too.

SKOL. :govikes:
Last 7 QB's combined against the Vikings. (Including Rodgers twice.)

148/248 59.7% 1644 yards. 6.6 yards per attempt. 8 TD's 11 Int's 71.7 QB rating. 31 sacks.

But keep telling yourself that it's only an aberration. Vikings only loss in that string, the playoff game.

But they have Sam Bradford at QB.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Raptorman wrote: Last 7 QB's combined against the Vikings. (Including Rodgers twice.)

148/248 59.7% 1644 yards. 6.6 yards per attempt. 8 TD's 11 Int's 71.7 QB rating. 31 sacks.

But keep telling yourself that it's only an aberration. Vikings only loss in that string, the playoff game.

But they have Sam Bradford at QB.
I wasn't calling it an abiration...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I wasn't calling it an abiration...
I don't think any Vikings fans are. Maybe he is speaking figuratively to the media and front running fans in general?
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

Purple Martin wrote: Yes. Teddy isn't that good, Kalil sucks, Boone blows, and AD may be one of the best running backs in the NFL but he is no longer critical to our winning. I absolutely would have given us a better chance without those players. There's one more guy we need to lose to complete our offensive rebirth.
Really, when you think about it, this team is just one or two more injuries away from locking up home field advantage through the playoffs.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I wasn't calling it an abiration...
Sorry, pulled that from something I posted on a Packer forum. A lot of people outside Vikings world think it is.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

Mothman wrote:
Maybe I shouldn't start Eli Manning on my fantasy team next week, eh? :)
If you play me, you defanently should!
This space available for rent.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Just when it seems the media conspire against us, NFLN right now is discussing whether the Vikings have a Super Bowl caliber defense.

The overwhelming consensus? A resounding YES.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Just when it seems the media conspire against us, NFLN right now is discussing whether the Vikings have a Super Bowl caliber defense.

The overwhelming consensus? A resounding YES.
Fantastic! We'd be set if the Super Bowl was played next week, but it isn't. It only matters when you have a Super Bowl defense that's still playing in February.
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.