Injury News

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Injury News

Post by PurpleMustReign »

autobon7 wrote:The possibility exists that Diggs, Wright, and Treadwell will either not play or could be limited due to injury. Couple that with Pruitt being out and that COULD severely limit targets for SB. With that being said I think Johnson will have a big game.....we will see.
What happened to Treadwell? Not good timing for his injury. Patterson and Thielen will really have to step. Up.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

As I predicted way up this thread the Viks signed Austin Shepherd (as well as Sterling Bailey & Cedric Thompson). I feel this is a good move under the circumstances.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Not hearing great things with Sendejo, who was having a shockingly late breakout year.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:Not hearing great things with Sendejo, who was having a shockingly late breakout year.
What are you hearing?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote: What are you hearing?
Nothing concrete. Mostly "Intial thoughts not great."
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Well when we didn't hear about any results back from the MRi I thought maybe something was up.
Sendejo could end up being a big loss for us if he misses anytime. He was playing pretty good this year,
Kearse is still raw...sure Zim will figure something out.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

dead_poet wrote:Not hearing great things with Sendejo, who was having a shockingly late breakout year.
I have to admit that I had been a Sendelo hater but he was playing better this year so I removed the hate and now this happens. Could be a big lose considering nearly all of the injuries have occurred on the offensive side of the ball.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
1h
Jerick McKinnon is in a walking boot on his left leg.
Hopefully just being cautious.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

halfgiz wrote: Hopefully just being cautious.
That can't be good.....guess it's Hillman and Asiata this weekend
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

Is it just me or does it seem like there are a lot more injuries occurring in football nowadays? I cant decide if players are just less likely to hide injuries or play through them, or are they just more fragile today? Especially this year, it seems every team in the NFL is getting chewed up rosters.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I've read that players are bigger and stronger these days but the tendons are the same. More stress = more failure more frequently.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

dead_poet wrote:I've read that players are bigger and stronger these days but the tendons are the same. More stress = more failure more frequently.
Then one has to wonder how many more injuries we'll see? The athletes will continuing getting bigger, stronger and faster. And the wear and tear on the bodies will increase, meaning a NFL player's average career life will probably be briefer.

Have you heard any more word on McKinnon? What's the deal with Patterson? He definitely needs to play.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

dead_poet wrote:I've read that players are bigger and stronger these days but the tendons are the same. More stress = more failure more frequently.
You can strengthen your tendons, no?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Cliff wrote: You can strengthen your tendons, no?
Yes, that is possible.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

losperros wrote:Have you heard any more word on McKinnon? What's the deal with Patterson? He definitely needs to play.
McKinnon said he's feeling better. Out of the boot. No word on if he'll practice today or his status for the game. Deferring to tight-lipped Zimmer.

We'll have to wait and see about Patterson. I'm guessing it'll be tough for him to get cleared in time if he just entered the protocol. It's possible but seems to be more exception than the norm that a player plays the same week they sustain a concussion. Maybe it's very minor. We'll have to keep checking the practice reports.