AD Injury thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: AD Injury thread

Post by Mothman »

Vikings announce Peterson had successful surgery
Minnesota Vikings announced Thursday that running back Adrian Peterson had successful surgery to repair a torn meniscus. The team said surgery was performed by team physician Chris Larson at Twin Cities Orthopedics.

“There were no additional injuries or issues noted in or surrounding the knee joint during the surgical procedure. The rehabilitation process will begin immediately,” the statement said.

The team also said a report that Peterson had a torn LCL was false.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

So...

Probably for Sunday?

:D
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Funkytown wrote:Image
Thanks Funky!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings
Pro Football Talk reports Adrian Peterson's (knee, injured reserve) "sole focus" is playing again this season.
Peterson is expected to miss a "minimum" of 3-4 months after undergoing surgery to repair a torn meniscus last week, but it would not be the first time Peterson beat an injury timetable. Peterson is officially able to return Week 11, but it would be surprising to see him before late December. Either way, the Vikings look headed for the playoffs, and Peterson might be able to help them once they get there.
Source: Pro Football Talk Sep 26 - 12:04 PM
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

If the running game with Mc/A start to approach 100 a game it will be a interesting conundrum; do you start a rusty AP in a playoff game or stick with whats been working? If they dont get it going, no question, AP. But still, could be a interesting decision. Might end up with AP playing a full game 16 in order to "earn" the playoff spot IF Mc/A are solid
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

If he's back, I don't think there's any question who starts. If Jet or Asiata look good, they could probably take more of the load but I would be shocked if AD wasn't the feature.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:If he's back, I don't think there's any question who starts. If Jet or Asiata look good, they could probably take more of the load but I would be shocked if AD wasn't the feature.
100%

Before Sunday, Rodgers' last like 6 games were quite bad. Had he broken his collarbone (God forbid) think the Packers would keep him on the bench if they were winning?

100% AD is still one of the best runners in the league.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

dead_poet wrote: 100%

Before Sunday, Rodgers' last like 6 games were quite bad. Had he broken his collarbone (God forbid) think the Packers would keep him on the bench if they were winning?

100% AD is still one of the best runners in the league.

And then you plug him in after 4 months of not playing and he winds up 15 runs for 34 yards?

honestly, I also dont think the Packers would do that. Assuming their QB was doing what I suggest our running game is. You make a decision. I am not saying you don't start AP (or Rodgers) just that it is probably not 100% auto decision.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

IrishViking wrote:
And then you plug him in after 4 months of not playing and he winds up 15 runs for 34 yards?

honestly, I also dont think the Packers would do that. Assuming their QB was doing what I suggest our running game is. You make a decision. I am not saying you don't start AP (or Rodgers) just that it is probably not 100% auto decision.
They did it like three years ago.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

If Jerrick and Asiata start to gel in the run game and AD comes back in Week 12 or whenever? I would seriously consider just playing AD in the 2nd halves of games and slowly get him reacclimated to have him super fresh and angsty come the playoffs...assuming that's where we wind up of course.