Thoughts Week 2

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RFIP
Veteran

Some thoughts

Post by RFIP »

Man was I happy for Sam to FINALLY get to play with a legit wr! That was so much fun to watch for me!

The D was outstanding! Worst game I EVER saw Rodgers play.

Rudolph made a nice TD grab but had 3 other balls he should have caught, one were he didn't get his head around in time. Hopefully another week of practice irons that out.

Man is the OL bad and there's no way Bradford or any QB last the season with how bad this OL is.

Hopefully AP isn't hurt too bad. Prayers up!

Final Note: First time in his NFL CAREER Sam is 2-0!

I'm a happy man tonight!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Thoughts Week 2

Post by PurpleMustReign »

The good:

Sam Bradford!!! What a game he had!! He threw for two TDs, which I think Teddy only did once last season.
Stefon Diggs!!! Randy Moss part 2?
Zach Line... I am not a fan of his, but he really had a good game. His blitz pickup won the game on the PI call to Diggs.
Trae Waynes... Almost went into the "bad" category. But he is always right next to the WR, and that is nice to see.

The bad:
Penalties. See, Trae Waynes...
The OL... O..M..F..G..

The ulgy:
The OL... O...M...F...G...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Thoughts Week 2

Post by 720pete »

Quick everyone who hated the trade pretend like you actually supported it! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

But seriously, Kalil had some bad moments and AP pre-injury was not having a good time even with Bradford throwing well.
Last edited by 720pete on Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Vikings penalties first half. 66 yards.
Packers offense first half. 65 yards.

Those penalties have to change.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Raptorman wrote:Vikings penalties first half. 66 yards.
Packers offense first half. 65 yards.

Those penalties have to change.
We were the least penalized team in week 1. I agree it needs to get better but I think it was more because of the team and the QB we were playing.
AlldayPotter
Backup

Post by AlldayPotter »

Waynes had a couple iffy PI calls and a bad one , but I thought he did decent besides that. He had 14 throw balls to him and only gave up 6 for 69 yards 1td and 1 pick. I thought he did awesome.

Charles johnson once again had nothing..... And offensive line is #### #### ####. Good god the worst.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

AlldayPotter wrote:Charles johnson once again had nothing..... And offensive line is #### #### ####. Good god the worst.
Yeah I think Treadwell or Patterson need some of his snaps. Dude just struggles to get separation right now. Maybe he's still not 100%? Actually, now that I think about it... didn't Diggs first see playing time week 3 last year and get in the starting line-up a couple weeks after that? Maybe Treadwell is on that same path, I'd be OK with Treadwell having a similar impact to Diggs! It's still weird that our two WRs taken in the first round rarely see the field while guys drafted in the 5th, 7th, and undrafted are getting the start.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

If AD is out significant time, I wonder if we sign Karlos Williams, Ronnie Hillman, or CJ Spiller? Those are some solid free agent RBs available right now. If Williams can get his off the field issues under control, he could be our RB of the future after AD.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

TSonn wrote:If AD is out significant time, I wonder if we sign Karlos Williams, Ronnie Hillman, or CJ Spiller? Those are some solid free agent RBs available right now. If Williams can get his off the field issues under control, he could be our RB of the future after AD.
Why in the Sam hill would they do that? I mean, McKinnon is an above average back. Assistance is serviceable and we have CJ Ham on the practice squad? Our RB of the future wears 21, no idea why people always overlook this kid
Spiny Norman
Practice Squad

Packers have TRD

Post by Spiny Norman »

What is TRD? It's Tony Romo Disease, the tendency to hold onto a player who's just good enough, in flashes, to spook you into hope that he can win it all for you, someday. So you stick with him. Even when he has off games and he has health setbacks, you don't change horses midstream and you always hand the reins back to him.

But the Packers don't have TRD on the field, their affliction is the head coach. He's gotten so used to talented QBs making him look smart, that he's started to think he's just as smart, by osmosis. Two burned time-outs in the first half and getting suckered into a 4th-down play preferred over a bonded 3 points? That guy doesn't seem as talented as i've been led to believe.

They went and bought a pass rush, but neglected secondary defense. They poured money into a few key offensive weapons, so couldn't pay for backups above c-grade. The Packers coaching staff is making all sorts of wrong decisions, both ingame and offseason, and as a Vikings fan, i'm all in favor of that. Yes, Lords Of Lamb-Blow, please keep your entire coaching staff intact for several more years, as you watch unfolding the wickedly smart personnel decisions of the Minnesota coaching staff.

It's apparent to me, as an outside observer, that the Wisconsin team's staff is leading their on-field avatars to an unpleasant record this year. They're way too porous on both lines and thin under the skin of starters. Too late for free agency to help them now, some costly trades might help, but expect them to battle the Bears for the Basement this year. They should have done what the Vikes did over the past few years: build an agile Offensive Line.

Then again, could the Jackers have ever won this game? They only seemed to be in it because the zealous play of Minny's secondary caught the ire of zebras four crucial times. In the non-flagged plays, our pass defense zealots caused
plenty of havoc. All of Aaro-boy's sacks were because he just had nowhere to throw.

In non-Packer news, Sam "Shade" Bradford was a startling sight. Holy crepe, i have not seen so many perfectly thrown balls in a game since Joe Montana. Freakin' hell, i did not watch many Rams games back in the bad old days, so i had no idea what a touch on the egg this ole sam has. A 1#1 pick in his seventh year, that kind of talent can either go to seed on an auto dealership's lot or keep in form by playing some form of football or football rehab for 6 years with various pro-level teams.

Philly might love their rooky cubey, but we got something speshul in Sammie. I think the Eagles will end up being sad about the trade roundabout Decembertime, when Bradford keeps on going and most rookies start to get The NCAA Fatigue.

Now, i understand why the Rams stuck with Bradford for so long. I laughed at them for that, but now i know. He can throw a football better than 99% of all other football players. Unfortunately, the Vikes have built a mobile Offensive Line intended for a wily QB and punchy RB. As a pocketpasser, Sam needs an immovable protective line.

That's like a cosmic joke or something. The Vikes finally get a finesse passer for the first time since Brad Johnson, just after they've built the perfect OL for a "21st Century" type of QB who's mobile. Ahh crepe, back to the drawing board! Another "rebuilding" season, no?

But maybe no. I heard Chris Gagginsworth during the game say a few things he lifted from sports radio earlier in the day, but one thing i heard on radio that Chris did not repeat, is the notion that Sam Bradford is now playing with the most talented team he has ever had around him, in his whole career. He did the opposite of choke.

Predict that Sam Bradford's nickname will become "Easy" because it's just so easy to catch his pinpoint passes. Great football sense from 6 seasons pro, great gametime awareness, the only thing he ever needed was a good OL. Let's pray that our OL can rein their roamin' ways, and if they can, then the Vikings are ready to run roughshod over the NFC North.
AlldayPotter
Backup

Re: Packers have TRD

Post by AlldayPotter »

First off- Vikings played one hell of a game. Defense was amazing.

But the main thought I had after this game. Something is up with Rodgers. He has been different ever since that whooping he took against denver. His passes have been off, and he doesn't step up in the pocket and drive the ball as good as he used to. I mean I'm Ok with this as a vikings fan. But in years past Rodgers would always make it look easy with passes and chew up the clock and fit the ball where no one but his recievers could get it.

Seems like he has the "SIMPSON" effect that romo had,that Rodgers has now with Olivia munn. Again this is just assuming. But I would be worried if I was pAcker fans.
AlldayPotter
Backup

Post by AlldayPotter »

No way we sign any RB. Mckinnon is gonna thrive in our offense alot better than peterson. Peterson is only good 5 yards behind the line with a good running start.

Our offense is gonna be more pass happy in shotgun formation. Plus with our o-line being ####, we're gonna try to keep bRadford from being hit as much as possible.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

But the main thought I had after this game. Something is up with Rodgers. He has been different ever since that whooping he took against denver. His passes have been off, and he doesn't step up in the pocket and drive the ball as good as he used to. I mean I'm Ok with this as a vikings fan. But in years past Rodgers would always make it look easy with passes and chew up the clock and fit the ball where no one but his recievers could get it.
Jordy Nelson might take some more time to get back to normal and the star running back
still looks 20 pounds over weight. The guy was already a pretty big back. I could see a pretty
big roll on his gut and legs were jello fat effect shaking coming off ground..

Kalil gave up two sacks and Daniels made fusco look like a little girl several times.
I liked how the OL group was working on their mistakes. I think there pass protection
has improved the need to thrown in some screen passes to slow the pass rush down.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

We have hardly any cap space to sign a RB.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

I will say... Aaron didnt seem to give two #### about ball protection last night.

It should have been 3 lost fumbles and 3 interceptions. That's not subjective, apart from 23 having a case of the droppies and lucky bounces he would have turned it over several times. You don't win games hoping the defensive doesn't take 4-5 gifts from you personally on offense.