Packers @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 2

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

raddmann
Backup

Re: Packers @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 2

Post by raddmann »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Do you have any guesses on AD's injury?

I agree on AP. I saw the writing on the wall last season even though he won the rushing title. He has lost a step - maybe more. There were several plays last year where he broke into the open and was caught fro behind. That never would have happened a few seasons ago. I think he's still useful but at 15 million a year you need to be a lot more than useful. Obviously a tremendous career and a certain HOFer unless they keep him out because of the incident with his kid.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: On a positive note, Zim said in his presser that "he might be out for a week or so, but whatever it was, has calmed down quite a bit". So that is definitely good if thats the case. Maybe Shug took a look and doesnt think its very serious
Man I hope that's all it is
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mothman wrote:I doubt Asiata and McKinnon will combine to lead the league in rushing, which Peterson did last year.
Only four of 50 Super Bowl winners have featured the league's leading rusher.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

On another note, like I said from day 1, Harris should be at RG. Idk what the deal is with him being on the non-injury list or whatever but Fusco blows
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

The flags were a flyin against both teams, I don't understand why we didnt get a little "home cooking" going on. II think the Vikings got hit with something like 160 yards of penalty yards.

Every game I saw today was a flag festival.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

TSonn wrote:Diggs said in an interview on NFL Network that AD told him he would be fine and was smiling in the locker room. Maybe just a really bad stinger that knocked the feeling out of his leg? Is that even a thing?

I'm not sure but that's encouraging news! Thanks.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Jordysghost wrote: It was a ridiculous call, he barely contacted him at all, he didnt grasp any part of him, why did the call come so late I( wonder??
Hey, remember when Aaron Rodgers fumbled? And Waynes picked him off? Or when sendejo shoulda just fell on the fumble? Or rodgers got sacked like 5 times? Or how the Packers had 65 yards in the first half? None of those moments had anything to do with the refs. The vikings were the better team period...

Maybe you should take a break from here if you are gonna just whine and complain.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Only four of 50 Super Bowl winners have featured the league's leading rusher.
Not to mention that 1485 yards isn't like something crazy. He did lead the league, but that's that's actually on the low side for the league leader in a season
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N ... _champions

Have to go back to 2007 to find someone who lead the leage with a lower amount and other than 07, all the way back to 1990
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Crax wrote: Not to mention that 1485 yards isn't like something crazy. He did lead the league, but that's that's actually on the low side for the league leader in a season
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N ... _champions

Have to go back to 2007 to find someone who lead the leage with a lower amount and other than 07, all the way back to 1990
The point of my comment was that he's clearly a big asset, not that they need to have the league rushing leader.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Jordy was right about Daniels being a beast. He is tough in there. Still not better than Joseph or Griffen though.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

I think that my voice will be gone tomorrow. I was really loud, I like to think that my efforts gave us the win.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Norv Zimmer wrote:I think that my voice will be gone tomorrow. I was really loud, I like to think that my efforts gave us the win.
I was loud too, and I was at home... My poor dog may never forgive me...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Also, defensive holding shouldn't be automatic first down, just 5 yards and run the play again. That penalty is way overpowered and really abused. It pisses me off that its always a drive-saving auto first.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Norv Zimmer wrote: Hey, remember when Aaron Rodgers fumbled? And Waynes picked him off? Or when sendejo shoulda just fell on the fumble? Or rodgers got sacked like 5 times? Or how the Packers had 65 yards in the first half? None of those moments had anything to do with the refs. The vikings were the better team period...

Maybe you should take a break from here if you are gonna just whine and complain.
Not to mention another dropped pick by Newman in the end zone and another fumble Kendricks should have had. The Vikings defense was clearly better tonight. Wasn't close.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Hunter Morrow wrote:Also, defensive holding shouldn't be automatic first down, just 5 yards and run the play again. That penalty is way overpowered and really abused. It pisses me off that its always a drive-saving auto first.
And offensive PI should be marked off in the amount of yards from where it occurred just like defensive PI instead of just 10 yards every time.