Vikings vs. Seahawks— Preseason Game Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Vikings vs. Seahawks— Preseason Game Thread

Post by Mothman »

I know the game has a late west coast kickoff time but I thought I'd try to get the discussion rolling...

What are you looking for from tonight's game?

I'm hoping we get to see some good things from Patterson in his first appearance of the year, although I'm thinking they might be cautious with him since he's still not back to 100%.

I'm also really hoping we see a solid performance from the starting OL against Seattle's starters. Their defense got the best of the Vikes offense last season and after the inauspicious debut the OL had against the Bengals starters last week, it would be nice to see something more encouraging from that unit.

:govikes:
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: Vikings vs. Seahawks— Preseason GameThread

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I'll be at the game. Hoping to see some standout players that impress during live action. Excited to see CP84 as well and hopefully plays a good amount.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Vikings vs. Seahawks— Preseason GameThread

Post by Mothman »

PacificNorseWest wrote:I'll be at the game. Hoping to see some standout players that impress during live action. Excited to see CP84 as well and hopefully plays a good amount.
Have a great time! I hope the Vikes provide you with some genuine preseason thrills. :)
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Vikings vs. Seahawks— Preseason Game Thread

Post by CbusVikesFan »

I hope there will be some better blocking by the starters. Some cohesion on offense and defense.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Much like you, Jim, I'm looking for the OL to show some improvement. I'd love to see our 1s on both sides of the ball do better than they did vs. the Bengals. Some pressure from the DL and some good coverage.

Anyone know if Kendricks is playing?

I'd also like to keep an eye on our young secondary players: Alexander, Kearse, and Trae Waynes.

Of course: Laquon. I have some high hopes for him this season, I'd love to see him continue his solid game from last weekend. Hopefully I don't fall asleep before kickoff. :lol: The beer I had with dinner is making my lack of sleep feel pretty prevalent.

SKOL!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:Much like you, Jim, I'm looking for the OL to show some improvement. I'd love to see our 1s on both sides of the ball do better than they did vs. the Bengals. Some pressure from the DL and some good coverage.

Anyone know if Kendricks is playing?

I'd also like to keep an eye on our young secondary players: Alexander, Kearse, and Trae Waynes.

Of course: Laquon. I have some high hopes for him this season, I'd love to see him continue his solid game from last weekend. Hopefully I don't fall asleep before kickoff. :lol: The beer I had with dinner is making my lack of sleep feel pretty prevalent.
LOL! That's why I'm caffeinating at the moment.

I'm glad you mentioned the defense. I'd like to see them do a better job against the run and it would also be nice if they could avoid giving up any long, 15+ play drives this week. :)

I don't know about Kendricks status for the game.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

He didn't practice all week. Doubt he plays.

15-play drives are inexcusable.

I'm looking to see some Kearse and Harris, O-line improvement, some nice Teddy passes and maybe some nice things from Waynes, Alexander and Morgan.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

No injuries. Other than that, guys fighting for starting and roster spots. Those battles are really the major thing in preseason. The play calling is kept so vanilla that it's tough to gauge a lot of things.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Not expected to play:

Wright, White, Roberson, Harris, Kendricks, Watts, Fusco, Floyd, Crichton
@mattvensel Shamar Stephen will start in place of Floyd at DT. Audie Cole will start in place of Kendricks at MLB. Joe Berger will start at right guard.
Crichton is as good as gone. Too bad about Harris. Maybe we'll get to see extended Kearse. Wright was supposedly going to play but it looks like that has changed.

Hopefully we get these guys back for week 1
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Unless we see Clemmings start tonight I wonder how much competition there is at RT. I think they are just trying to push Smith.

Would like to get a good look at 2nd string OL.
Get another look at the Beaver.
No injuries.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote:I know the game has a late west coast kickoff time but I thought I'd try to get the discussion rolling...

What are you looking for from tonight's game?

I'm hoping we get to see some good things from Patterson in his first appearance of the year, although I'm thinking they might be cautious with him since he's still not back to 100%.

I'm also really hoping we see a solid performance from the starting OL against Seattle's starters. Their defense got the best of the Vikes offense last season and after the inauspicious debut the OL had against the Bengals starters last week, it would be nice to see something more encouraging from that unit.

:govikes:
Offensive Line.

Its far and away the glaring weakness on this team, and given how they addressed the position (flooding with competition) and that so far, there have been no surprises or "upsets" indicates that the only reason left for optimism is that Sparano can coach 'em up. If we see no progress, it starts getting hard to be hopeful for more than just a playoff appearance.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Anyone know why Teddy's not starting?
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Hill QB first series. Hmmm
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Well that's BS.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Why is the NFL Network showing Barry Sanders feature when it says it's supposed to be the Vikings game...

:steamed: