Who will win the starting X WR spot?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Charles Johnson
47%
Laquon Treadwell
47%
Someone Else?
6%

Total votes: 17

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I think it could end up being CJ to start but that might not last too long
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: Who will win the starting X WR spot?

Post by Jordysghost »

Laquon Treadwell.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Treadwell has been showing well but so has CJ. CJ struggled a bit yesterday with contact and catching balls in traffic, though. Fun battle to watch. Treadwell has impressed with his work ethic thus far (arriving early and staying late). Great sign.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote:Treadwell has been showing well but so has CJ. CJ struggled a bit yesterday with contact and catching balls in traffic, though. Fun battle to watch. Treadwell has impressed with his work ethic thus far (arriving early and staying late). Great sign.
With Diggs, Treadwell, CJ, and Thielen all showing pretty well so far, I have to wonder if Jarius isn't the guy who might see his playing time most effected. Diggs could be the primary slot guy with CJ and Quan on the outside.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

fiestavike wrote: With Diggs, Treadwell, CJ, and Thielen all showing pretty well so far, I have to wonder if Jarius isn't the guy who might see his playing time most effected. Diggs could be the primary slot guy with CJ and Quan on the outside.
I'm not so sure. Wright has pretty much exclusively played slot thus far and Diggs on the outside. I think the coaching staff is confident in Wright as the slot guy. I'm not sure Diggs has gotten any meaningful reps there since being signed.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote: I'm not so sure. Wright has pretty much exclusively played slot thus far and Diggs on the outside. I think the coaching staff is confident in Wright as the slot guy. I'm not sure Diggs has gotten any meaningful reps there since being signed.
I'm not so sure either, just looking at the logjam and trying to think how it might shake out in order to get the best combination of WRs on the field. In other words, having fun thinking out loud!

I just read in the last couple days that Diggs and Thielen are both being used outisde and in the slot and praised for their versatility so far. :confused: In any case, Diggs is only in his 2nd year, and its not a stretch to think his skillset would work well from the slot.

There's no doubt that the coaches like Wright...I like Wright! But he is beginning to seem like the least dynamic option we have at WR. If they hadn't just re-signed him, I would consider him possibly on the bubble, since he's solid but not dynamic, and seems pretty much like a pure slot guy.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I agree that Wright seems like the least dynamic option, fiesta, but I think it has more to do with his height than anything else. Wright has played outside (he scored a TD on Richard Sherman with a nice double move) but this staff seems to really value size.

If the staff is having a hard time deciding if Wright is out producing Thielen or Patterson (or in a fantasy world, MoBo) then the height might be a determining factor.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I would love to see Diggs, Wright, and Adam T. run a crossing slant route (8-10 yards) with one going fifteen yards
with a sideline catch option.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!