Out of state fans

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Out of State Fans

A) Cable/Dish/Internet channels that allow you to watch game out of state
50%
B) Podcasts of Minnesota media with interviews/commentary
4%
C) Vikings website
15%
D) Traveling back to Minnesota for games
4%
E) Getting tickets if they come to rival team in area
4%
F) Other
23%

Total votes: 26

GoldenBear91
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Out of state fans

Post by GoldenBear91 »

What is the most valuable resource for staying in contact with your Minnesota Vikings when you live out of media market?
Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Out of state fans

Post by Cliff »

I use NFL Sunday Ticket online and, of course, the message board.
MikethePurple
Veteran

Post by MikethePurple »

I use Slingbox. This is predicated on whether you have anyone in the Minnesota media market that would be willing and able to set it up in their house. It can be a pain sometimes but is a mostly reliable and economical option. All of my immediate family is in Minnesota so its pretty easy. I would definitely recommend it if you have someone you know in the area who is willing to "host" one for you.
Last edited by MikethePurple on Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Not a Vikings fan, but I follow my team from out of the home market with Directv Sunday Ticket.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

The ticket!

I peruse this forum as well of course along with reading articles here and there from the star tribune/pioneer press.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Vikings.com and this site along with a little espn.com sprinkled in
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Sunday ticket & 1 game in person a year.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Any big news usually hits the Packer forums first. Then I come here or Vikings.com.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
dinolord05
Backup

Post by dinolord05 »

Facebook groups.
Not ESPN. They can't even remember who won the dang division last year. They also put out a list of game predictions for all season...and couldn't count up the w-l record properly.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

NFL game pass and a VPN service for the past 3 years. Had the Sunday Ticket the previous 8 or so years prior. And of course VMB.
Also use Vikings.com, purple thoughts, and reddit. Can't remember the last time I watched ESPN .
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
LondonViking
Backup

Post by LondonViking »

As a fan from across the pond its gamepass for me so I don't miss a single Vikings game.

I do go to the international series games just because its live competitive football and certainly attended when the Vikings were in town (it is/was still the best game to date that Wembley has seen). Plus because I live close to Wembley I can still get home in time for the Vikings games.

I read on here to keep upto date with camp stories, or stuff I might have missed watching the game etc
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

MikethePurple wrote:I use Slingbox. This is predicated on whether you have anyone in the Minnesota media market that would be willing and able to set it up in their house. It can be a pain sometimes but is a mostly reliable and economical option. All of my immediate family is in Minnesota so its pretty easy. I would definitely recommend it if you have someone you know in the area who is willing to "host" one for you.

Mike,

Would you be willing to share more about how this works? I am not sure if it constitutes an appropriate conversation in a public thread (that is up to the mods). I have family who live in South Dakota, thus, they get all of the Vikings games.

If not, I would appreciate a PM on the matter.

The reason I am asking is because I am going to be living outside of the Minnesota market again for the 6th year in a row and I am trying to find a cheaper/better way to watch games than online Direct TV.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Interesting thread--good way to consider one's options.

I have AT&T Uverse, not DirecTV. Although AT&T now owns the latter, one must have DTV to get Sunday Ticket, right?

Also, 808, what does using a VPN entail?

My plan is consistently haphazard. Though I love the Vikes, I lead a very busy life and I'm frugall, so I catch nationally televised games, read as much as possible on what's going on (Star Tribune especially, and here) and once in a while I'll walk down to a nearby pub to catch part of a game. I would love to consider other alternatives, though. It feels ridiculous to me that games can't be shown at a reasonable price across the world.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

In the past I've used Game Rewind and just watched the games early in the morning on Mondays. I think they become available at 11 pm central on sunday. Its a nice service, you can watch all kinds of old games on from past years, all at your own leisure.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote:In the past I've used Game Rewind and just watched the games early in the morning on Mondays. I think they become available at 11 pm central on sunday. Its a nice service, you can watch all kinds of old games on from past years, all at your own leisure.
Unfortunately, they canceled game rewind prior to last year.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011