2016 Vikings Training Camp

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: 2016 Vikings Training Camp

Post by Jordysghost »

halfgiz wrote:Play of practice today was probably Jayron Kearse's impressive sideline interception of Joel Stave.

The ensuing celebration, though, earned the rookie a rebuke from defensive end Everson Griffen, who told Kearse to "act like you've been there before." :D
With Stave throwing that ball, everyone probably HAS been there before.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote: What happened to Watts?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Right calf injury.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I haven't seen this mentioned but AD is wearing gloves in practice. Could be to help with pass catching, ball security, or both.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote:I haven't seen this mentioned but AD is wearing gloves in practice. Could be to help with pass catching, ball security, or both.
He fumbles more when he wears them.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PurpleMustReign wrote: He fumbles more when he wears them.

Has he worn gloves before or is this sarcasm?
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

PurpleMustReign wrote: He fumbles more when he wears them.

Gloves or the arm sleeve?

Since you brought it up though...While I would love to see AP become more versatile, namely in the passing game, all I really care is that he stops his fumbling. In big spots he has helped play his part in ruining a big Vikings playoff win, be it Wild Card or NFC Championship. It needs to stop.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote: Has he worn gloves before or is this sarcasm?
He wears them occasionally. I'll try to find a pic later.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Nah I believe you. I didn't recall him wearing gloves and thought it was the first time for some reason.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Looks like I'll be at the game tonight. One of the benefits of being a known Vikings fan in Seattle is people know who they can invite when the Vikes come to Seattle...Last year's regular season game and playoff lost was a drawback though. :/
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Some thoughts on the preseason...Some players I have been impressed with.
I think that Nick Easton has had a pretty good preseason. Could they start grooming him for center next year?

I think Stephen Weatherly has been playing pretty good for being a rookie. I think he has a lot of potential to grow.

Will Tre Wayne's overtake Newman for a starting job to start the season? He's improving the more playing time he is getting...

Mac Alexander has been having a pretty good rookie season. He has been showing improvement.

Jaron Kearse he has had a good preseason. He really can cover a lot of territory. His height and wingspan is a plus.

And who doesn't like feeding the opposing team a little Ham.

One last thing...could Exum be trade bait for a tackle?
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Alexander has had highs and lows but he doesn't look close to ready yet. He was picked on a lot by a 3rd string Seattle offense.

Kearse looks good, especially for a 7th rounder, but still has work to do. His tackling needs to improve.

I don't see Exum making the team nor being traded. I think if we want to talk about trades for a tackle it needs to be someone of worth. No one is going to trade for castoffs, it would be someone that's showing a lot of potential. A Danielle Hunter for example. That's the type of guy people want to trade for. I'm not saying we should trade him, but that it typically takes someone on that level to get a trade done.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Now Kalil is injured too.

http://www.startribune.com/matt-kalil-i ... 390865861/
And, unfortunately, the Vikings can’t even say nobody got hurt because Matt Kalil, their starting left tackle, did get hurt. He left the field early because of an apparent leg injury, walked to the locker room, didn’t return and was replaced by T.J. Clemmings, who is competing for the starting right tackle job and the backup swing tackle position.

On top of that... it appears that our top 2 QBs are injured (top 3 if you count Heineken):
That left undrafted rookie Joel Stave throwing the majority of the team’s passes for the second day in a row. Sorensen, who was signed on Saturday, threw some passes, but obviously doesn’t know the offense yet. At one point, Stave appeared to roll an ankle and looked as if he, too, might have to sit out before staying in.
:wallbang: