Loadholt to retire

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Re: Loadholt to retire

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

This is sad news.

I'll miss you Big Phil.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

That's a tough break. Shepherd will be an interesting wild card.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Sorry to see Phil have an injury setback and retire. Wish him the best of luck :thumbsup:
Now lets hope Smith stays healthy.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

halfgiz wrote:Sorry to see Phil have an injury setback and retire. Wish him the best of luck :thumbsup:
Now lets hope Smith stays healthy.
Best case scenario (total longshot) is that Shepherd wins the RT job and Sirles wins the LT job, and play at a high level so we don't have the question marks heading into next season. It'll never happen, but really hoping we get at least one Tackle position locked up for next season...I just don't see how that can be Kalil given his track record and Franchise tag/salary he would command.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

dead_poet wrote:He had an injury setback.

http://m.startribune.com/injury-setback ... witterfeed

Thanks for the link. Was hoping for good things out of him this year. Sad to see him retire
“I’ll miss hearing the crowd roar when Adrian breaks an 80-yard run. There’s nothing like that,” Loadholt said, later adding, “When you flatten someone and just see them looking at Adrian’s feet going down [the field], that’s always the best memories right there.”
“Phil was one of our core guys, a cornerstone for this team, and embodied the principles that we have been building here. He did things the right way, spent his whole career with us and proudly represented the Vikings,” General Manager Rick Spielman said in a statement.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

fiestavike wrote: Best case scenario (total longshot) is that Shepherd wins the RT job and Sirles wins the LT job, and play at a high level so we don't have the question marks heading into next season. It'll never happen, but really hoping we get at least one Tackle position locked up for next season...I just don't see how that can be Kalil given his track record and Franchise tag/salary he would command.
I think a we're going to see one of them backups surprise us this year. I also will be happy if Sparano gets some improvement out of Kalil...
Good post.