Straight Cash, Homey!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: Straight Cash, Homey!

Post by Jordysghost »

Cliff wrote: You need to get the word out to the media that the Packers don't have a tradition of it;

http://jimrome.com/2013/10/04/turn-the- ... acker-fan/
Literally nothing tangibe was added to the idea that it is a Packers fan 'tradition' in that article, just some dumbass from ESPN commenting on the Raiola article that I already addressed.

Two salty opposing players that just got there #### kicked claiming that Packers fans mooned them on their way out does not a tradition make, I have no doubt that there is probably one or two d bags that moon opposing teams busses on the way out of the lot, but to think that is anything more then a case of an individual asswipe acting like, well, an ####, is silly.

I have absolutely NO doubt in my mind that that sort of thing happens no more in Lambeau then anywhere else, Randys whiny little #### an subsequent excuse making simply made you aware of such an incident.

As to the media thinking of it as a tradition, I have literally not seen anyone from the media remark on such a 'tradition' as I said, the article you posted above didn't do anything to reinforce such a viewpoint, it essentially said 'Raiola said so'.

My word people, do you genuinely believe Packers fans preemptively plan out mooning opposing busses? Most Packers fans aren't even aware that Randy claims that was the catalyst for his actions.

Its all moot though, as once again, some moronic beer slurping super fan (Of which each NFL team has plenty of) reflects far less upon the organization then an on field 'proffessional'.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Crax wrote: No, cause that would be the same thing. I don't see where the disconnect is here for you. Is it that hard to differentiate between doing something and pretending to be doing something?

Mooning does not equal a fake mooning. They aren't even in the same ballpark. You think it was in bad taste? Fine, but with how worked up it gets you, you'd think he really did moon you. You keep making analogies that are apple and oranges comparisons. Is it a bad idea to flip off fans? Yeah. Fake flipping off fans? I don't even know how that would work. Throwing something at fans? Bad idea. Pretending to throw something at a fan? Who cares.
This entire argument is hinged upon the idea that Packers fans physically remove their pants (lol) and mooned Randy, and not only is there no proof that occured, I haven't ever even seen anyone claim such a thing. (And personally I find that to be quite the stretch)

I don't get 'worked up' about anything Randy does or has done, I just have an elementary knowledge of basic sportsmanship, apparently you dont find such a thing important, that is fine, but many people find integrity to be quite desirable in athletes and even more so employees.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Jordysghost wrote: I just have an elementary knowledge of basic sportsmanship, apparently you dont find such a thing important, that is fine, but many people find integrity to be quite desirable in athletes and even more so employees.
Based on my feelings of a minor event that happened over 10 years ago? :roll:
I never claimed Randy was a bastion of integrity and example of great sportsmanship.
I also understand the NFL is entertainment and not much more than that. Football players are just people. Fighting people on the field, stepping on someones head, all the stuff that happens in the pile is far worse sportsmanship than a fake mooning.

But hey, let your buddy matthews know that he is of low integrity and should stop being such a bad sport. Or, you know, understand it happens sometimes and move on. Vikings have been "poor sports" at times, but I'd wager almost every team has here and there.
http://kkcb.com/clay-matthews-shows-poo ... yesterday/

Why is this still coming up years later? Move on already.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Crax wrote: Based on my feelings of a minor event that happened over 10 years ago? :roll:
I never claimed Randy was a bastion of integrity and example of great sportsmanship.
I also understand the NFL is entertainment and not much more than that. Football players are just people. Fighting people on the field, stepping on someones head, all the stuff that happens in the pile is far worse sportsmanship than a fake mooning.

But hey, let your buddy matthews know that he is of low integrity and should stop being such a bad sport. Or, you know, understand it happens sometimes and move on. Vikings have been "poor sports" at times, but I'd wager almost every team has here and there.
http://kkcb.com/clay-matthews-shows-poo ... yesterday/

Why is this still coming up years later? Move on already.
You see, thats where we disagree, ive played football, I understand what goes on under the pile very well, and maybe I simply believe to hard in the the old adage its a tough game for guys, but I never had a problem with a little gamesmanship here and there, and in a rough game like Football i think a little physicality here and there (As long as no one gets truly injured because of it) is not only ok, but good for the sport, but making pointed gestures at teams opposing fans is beyond gamesmanship.

As to Matthews, hey this might surprise you, but I can understand the point of view that would imply that he wasn't being the best of sports when he made a lighthearted gesture to Palmer by yanking away his hand, and I don't even agree that it was anything more then just that, a lighthearted gesture.

We clearly know that Randy wasn't making a lighthearted gesture, he couldnt be any more eager the tell us how it was a gesture made for revenge and out of contempt. Btw, you keep calling this a 'fake' mooning, im not sure everyone has the same definition of mooning somone as you do.

You see I agree completely that all teams have been or had bad sports at times, no doubt, and I was hardly vilifying the Vikings for Randy's actions, but it seems to me a bit ridiculous that some would actually try to justify or defend his actions as anything less then completely classless and unsportsmanlike, I dont expect anyone to feel bad about what Randy did, but I don't think delusionally pretending he did nothing wrong is the right way to go.
Last edited by Jordysghost on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

BTW Crax, my comment about you not valuing integrity was completely unnecessary and I truly do apologize, I was trying to make a point and got a little bit carried away, so, once again, for that, I apologize.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Jordysghost wrote: The only thing in this article pointing to the Packers mooning opposing team buses is Randy, and i'd say that his word ought to be pretty much worthless at this point.

Wrong again.......read the entire article and you will find this.....

Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy said he saw Moss' action
and, "I thought it was kind of humorous."

"It's not the kind of thing you want to see on national TV, but
I understand what it was all about," he said.

"Anyone who has played in the NFC Central knows what that's
about. The fans in Green Bay have a tradition in the parking lot
after the game where they moon the visiting team's bus," he said.
"It's kind of a unique sendoff."

"I had seen it seven times because when I was with the Vikings,
we lost to them seven times up there," he said

Mamas wrong again.....(Waterboy quote btw)
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

autobon7 wrote:
Wrong again.......read the entire article and you will find this.....

Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy said he saw Moss' action
and, "I thought it was kind of humorous."

"It's not the kind of thing you want to see on national TV, but
I understand what it was all about," he said.

"Anyone who has played in the NFC Central knows what that's
about. The fans in Green Bay have a tradition in the parking lot
after the game where they moon the visiting team's bus," he said.
"It's kind of a unique sendoff."

"I had seen it seven times because when I was with the Vikings,
we lost to them seven times up there," he said

Mamas wrong again.....(Waterboy quote btw)
Whatever, regardless of if an #### or two habitually moons the opposing teams bus (As I never denied might be the case) I think anyone actually thinking Packers fans coordinate such an effort purposefully is making a rather large leap to conclusions,

I think Dungy is just dealing with a little post Favre bitterness and giving his former team a nice salty nod of support, he is hardly a fair and impartial mediator and given his coaching career id anticipate him having a sandy orifice in regards to the Packers.

But really, what would it matter? Where is this asinine dea that if a fan does it, it is ok for an on field proffessional to do the same?
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

There's a difference between what Moss did being a "good sport" and it being a big enough deal to go on about for however many posts we're up to now. It's basically nothing in the scope of things that NFL players have done.

If you think that Packer's players were "fake mooning" Randy Moss on that day ... really? Before Randy Moss' fake moon the fake moon wasn't even a thing!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Honestly, for me, I think that the two people in the world that had a strong response to Randy's gesture (Joe Buck and Jordy) reveal more about themselves in their reactions than anything else. I mean, really, who in the world would get so worked up about such a benign and playful gesture? So odd.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Cliff wrote:There's a difference between what Moss did being a "good sport" and it being a big enough deal to go on about for however many posts we're up to now. It's basically nothing in the scope of things that NFL players have done.

If you think that Packer's players were "fake mooning" Randy Moss on that day ... really? Before Randy Moss' fake moon the fake moon wasn't even a thing!
No but thats the thing, you can say its not a big deal, and in the grand scheme, its not, but making pointed gestures on national tv to opposing fans isn't exactly common place in the world of pro sports, no body is saying Randy should be flogged for punishment, but trying to pretend it was justified and ok is nothing more then delusional, and NOBODY outside of somone loyal to the Viking would try to claim such a thing.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Texas Vike wrote:Honestly, for me, I think that the two people in the world that had a strong response to Randy's gesture (Joe Buck and Jordy) reveal more about themselves in their reactions than anything else. I mean, really, who in the world would get so worked up about such a benign and playful gesture? So odd.
:lol: Ok people, once again noone is getting 'worked up' over Randys gesture. Putting words in my mouth and superimposing viewpoints on me for lack of an actual tangble point is not a good look.

As previously stated, no body is getting worked up over it, but no body, and I mean NOBODY who didn't have some loyalty to Randy or the Vikes would try to claim that what Randy did wasn't unsportsmanlike, It seems like you don't understand the point i was making in this thread, I was not blasting Randy for his actions, I was blasting the ridiculous amount of homerism and delusion that it takes to tell oneself that he did nothing wrong, unjustified, or unsportsmanlike.

Making pointed gestures out of contempt on national tv at opposing fans is not common place in professional sports, If what he did was so benign and playful, im wondering why he was fined for it, and im wondering why we have NEVER seen another similar incident before or after.

Once again, making obscene gestures on national tv at the opposing fans is unsportsmanlike, and doesn't reflect well upon the organization, and even less upon the fans who delusionaly imply that such a thing wasn't unsportsmanlike, in poor taste etc. etc.

Once again, if it wasn't anything to look twice at, how come we have never ever seen a similar incident occur, before or after?
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Jordysghost wrote: Whatever, regardless of if an #### or two habitually moons the opposing teams bus (As I never denied might be the case) I think anyone actually thinking Packers fans coordinate such an effort purposefully is making a rather large leap to conclusions,

I think Dungy is just dealing with a little post Favre bitterness and giving his former team a nice salty nod of support, he is hardly a fair and impartial mediator and given his coaching career id anticipate him having a sandy orifice in regards to the Packers.

But really, what would it matter? Where is this asinine dea that if a fan does it, it is ok for an on field proffessional to do the same?
First let's correct some misconception on your part. It wasn't an ####### or two Packer fans. It became quite the thing. One of my relatives got in on it one year and he told me it could be as many as 20 at a time. But then I am dealing with someone who had firsthand knowledge of what was going on. Now, I don't know if it still happens, my relative passed several years ago and his season tickets went to someone else. But it was an ongoing tradition for some Packer fans. Not just one or two.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Raptorman wrote: First let's correct some misconception on your part. It wasn't an ####### or two Packer fans. It became quite the thing. One of my relatives got in on it one year and he told me it could be as many as 20 at a time. But then I am dealing with someone who had firsthand knowledge of what was going on. Now, I don't know if it still happens, my relative passed several years ago and his season tickets went to someone else. But it was an ongoing tradition for some Packer fans. Not just one or two.

Riiiigghht. I'll take your Viking fan relative's fair and impartial word for it.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Jordysghost wrote:
Riiiigghht. I'll take your Viking fan relative's fair and impartial word for it.
Well, most of my relatives are Packer fans. About 90% of them actually.(for the record, that's about 70 people. First cousins/aunts and uncles. It does not include their kids or spouses.) And several had/have season tickets. Even my oldest sister had season tickets once through her husbands aunt. But hey what do I know. I only grew up 29 miles from Lambeau.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Raptorman wrote: Well, most of my relatives are Packer fans. About 90% of them actually.(for the record, that's about 70 people. First cousins/aunts and uncles. It does not include their kids or spouses.) And several had/have season tickets. Even my oldest sister had season tickets once through her husbands aunt. But hey what do I know. I only grew up 29 miles from Lambeau.
I used to live rather close to Lambeau as well, so I dont see how that matters. (Though, if you dont mind me asking, where were you located at? Its cool if you would rather not say, I find it it interesting is all)

Im pretty in tune with Packers fan traditions, I have litterally never heard any Packers fan make even the slightest mention of mooning opposing busses, which is odd, given that you would think something that is apparently coordinated to the point of 20 or more Packers fans would cause at least a slight mention amongst the herd, as I said, I seriously dont think most Packers fans even realize that Randy uses that as his excuse, in fact, im sure of it.