Single game tickets

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Single game tickets

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

I'm stranded in Indiana and want to know when single game tix go on sale. I'm thinking about doing the Houston game in October. SKOL brothers!
Ohjay
Veteran

Re: Single game tickets

Post by Ohjay »

It was announced today(I think it was) that they will go on sale later this week, wednesday at 10 AM CST

http://www.vikings.com/tickets/single-game.html
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

FYI - All games are sold out.

I was able to get Houston tickets with my buddies.

Wasn't able to get tickets for my father and I - a yearly tradition.

Very disappointed this year that the tickets seemingly were gone in minutes.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Well you should be able to get tickets to any game via stub hub or other sites. Depending on what you are willing to pay for them.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Norv Zimmer wrote:Well you should be able to get tickets to any game via stub hub or other sites. Depending on what you are willing to pay for them.
I ended up buying preseason tickets to the San Diego too.

The thing is, I don't want to buy re-sale. I never have in the past, and never plan to. I don't want to pay upwards of 5x face value for the tickets.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
dinolord05
Backup

Post by dinolord05 »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: I ended up buying preseason tickets to the San Diego too.

The thing is, I don't want to buy re-sale. I never have in the past, and never plan to. I don't want to pay upwards of 5x face value for the tickets.
I have extras still. I feel reasonable prices. $100 in the 300 level.
$300 in my 3rd row end zone against the Vikings tunnel.

Can't wait to sit in those.
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

I too was surprised at how fast the tickets sold out. I have a hard time believing 4000 tickets to Houston sold out in 9 minutes without some undesired coordinated effort by scalpers. Something doesn't pass the smell test.
dinolord05
Backup

Post by dinolord05 »

ERIK the PURPLE wrote:I too was surprised at how fast the tickets sold out. I have a hard time believing 4000 tickets to Houston sold out in 9 minutes without some undesired coordinated effort by scalpers. Something doesn't pass the smell test.
I looked 12 minutes after on sale and could only find upper decks in preseason only. Except 1 seat in 119. Crazy.
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Supposedly the Legislature requires 3200 tickets be made available for single game purchase for each home game. I believe I read that the Vikings were offering 4000 tickets for each home game. That's 32,000 tickets sold in about 12 minutes. With a max of 6 tickets per purchase through ticketmaster that means at a minimum there were 5333 purchase transactions. And we know not everyone bought 6. And it also takes about 4 minutes minimum to finalize a purchase. I smell a rat!

Going forward, a max limit of 4 tickets should be allowed per purchase,

I'll check back in the fall. Does anyone know when the unused tix by the visiting team are made available to the public. I'm thinking Friday before the game at 11:00 am but I'm not sure.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

I bought tickets to Den/Min last year when denver does their sale. They go really fast, but I do like how they do it. You can only buy a few tickets and it's all electronic and you have to go in certain gates and you must swipe your credit card you used to purchase to get in. The best you could do re-sale wise is like 3 tickets and you would have to go with them or give them your credit card to get in. They also didn't let you use pre-paid credit cards etc.

There is tons more they could do that I think would make it much harder to make scalping worthwhile for non-season tickets other than special extremely sought after games.
dinolord05
Backup

Post by dinolord05 »

Crax wrote:I bought tickets to Den/Min last year when denver does their sale. They go really fast, but I do like how they do it. You can only buy a few tickets and it's all electronic and you have to go in certain gates and you must swipe your credit card you used to purchase to get in. The best you could do re-sale wise is like 3 tickets and you would have to go with them or give them your credit card to get in. They also didn't let you use pre-paid credit cards etc.

There is tons more they could do that I think would make it much harder to make scalping worthwhile for non-season tickets other than special extremely sought after games.
Sounds like FlashSeats?
A&M uses that. The CC is just an identification. You can still resale and transfer them.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

dinolord05 wrote: Sounds like FlashSeats?
A&M uses that. The CC is just an identification. You can still resale and transfer them.
Terms of the tickets were non transferable and entire group must enter at same time. You swiped your card as you went through the gate. There was no barcode or anything you could use instead. Denver does half price tickets once in August that sell out really fast as part of some agreement when they built the stadium. They've done what they can to prevent resellers from just snapping them all up.
dinolord05
Backup

Post by dinolord05 »

Crax wrote: Terms of the tickets were non transferable and entire group must enter at same time. You swiped your card as you went through the gate. There was no barcode or anything you could use instead. Denver does half price tickets once in August that sell out really fast as part of some agreement when they built the stadium. They've done what they can to prevent resellers from just snapping them all up.
Just looked. It is Detroit that I was thinking of that used FlashSeats.

Denver thing sounds cool...kinda.