Peterson not slowing down

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Peterson not slowing down

Post by dead_poet »

As if you needed another article talking about how much of a freak and dedicated monster Peterson is:

http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikin ... un-history
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Peterson not slowing down

Post by IrishViking »

That's super awesome and bodes well for the year but personally I am trying to avoid stuff like this. Time devours all. Peterson will be no exception, in his case, much sooner rather than later. Its not going to be a gradual drop off either. My guess is either this year or next year will be a "typical" Peterson season and the following one his numbers will drop off a figurative cliff.

I honestly believe this will be the last season Peterson can put a team on his back at will. :?
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

IrishViking wrote:That's super awesome and bodes well for the year but personally I am trying to avoid stuff like this. Time devours all. Peterson will be no exception, in his case, much sooner rather than later. Its not going to be a gradual drop off either. My guess is either this year or next year will be a "typical" Peterson season and the following one his numbers will drop off a figurative cliff.

I honestly believe this will be the last season Peterson can put a team on his back at will. :?
That's the rub right there. Nobody beats Father Time. Not even Adrian Peterson.

I'm hoping Peterson won't necessarily have to carry the team this season. Hopefully, there will be better offensive balance.

OTOH, the article is interesting. Have to give Peterson all the credit in the world for training with so much passion. No doubt his fiery will is a large part of his overall success. And he boxes and does MMA training as well? Holy moly!
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Honestly it would be better for the team and Peterson to have McKinnon take a lot of the workload in the first
half. Peterson is a grinder and let him take advantage of tired defenses. In a lot of Peterson's biggest games; Peterson
gains most of yards in the second half. 200 plus yards of the 296 game came late in the game.

I think this would allow Teddy to improve as well.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

jackal wrote:Honestly it would be better for the team and Peterson to have McKinnon take a lot of the workload in the first
half. Peterson is a grinder and let him take advantage of tired defenses. In a lot of Peterson's biggest games; Peterson
gains most of yards in the second half. 200 plus yards of the 296 game came late in the game.

I think this would allow Teddy to improve as well.
I don't know about that. I think part of the reason that Peterson gets so many yards in the second half is because he's spent the first half being a human meat tenderizer and softening them up for consumption.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

i wouldn't bet against peterson many doubted him when, after his knee injury he proclaimed, "i'll come back even better and stronger than i was." and you better hope he can still carry this team because it is obvious teddy can't. this will be bridgewater's last year as a starter. zimmer won't put up with mediocrity for a fourth season. at the very least, we'll either draft another qb or bring in some real competition. in what has become a passing league, bridgewater threw for a whopping 14 td's last year. pathetic. if we actually had a competent qb we would be legitimate contenders. look at how far we went last year with one of the worst starting qb's in the nfl.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I still hope he retires in Purple. I can't stand the thought of seeing him on another team.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I don't know about that. I think part of the reason that Peterson gets so many yards in the second half is because he's spent the first half being a human meat tenderizer and softening them up for consumption.
I re-watched the Atlanta game and they even showed a stat on it.. last season he was about four yards in the first two quarters
and it went up to about eight yards in the fourth. The defenses wear down and he breaks big runs late in the game. The two years
the Giants won the Superbowl their D line switched in and out a lot.. they also about four five solid guys too.. by the end of the game
the OL on the other team is huffing and buffing and JPP and Strahan are fresh
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I still hope he retires in Purple. I can't stand the thought of seeing him on another team.

Neither can I. Peterson is a Viking.

But we know how these things work out. Given the Vikings luck, Peterson will probably end up on another team and they'll win the Super Bowl. And he'll be the game's MVP.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I still hope he retires in Purple. I can't stand the thought of seeing him on another team.
Hope so too but in this day and age, unlikely. It's okay though, even though Rice and Montana played for other teams, they'll always be 49ers. Same will go for Peterson.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

losperros wrote:
Neither can I. Peterson is a Viking.

But we know how these things work out. Given the Vikings luck, Peterson will probably end up on another team and they'll win the Super Bowl. And he'll be the game's MVP.
I don't like him much as a person but I would enjoy the poetic justness of him signing with the Packers. In fact, i'd probably do it just to make you salty. :)
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011