New Viking!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

alldayyeezy
Waterboy

New Viking!

Post by alldayyeezy »

How you doing folks

Im a new member on the board and fully converted Vikings fan!

I look forward to posting on here and getting to know others and learn more about the Vikings, I made a post on reddit a week ago telling you how it came about so I am a lazy #### and have done a copy paste job below for your viewing. Hope to make new friends on here and post regularly it seems like a great community and in my opinion the best Vikings forum.

"Hey Vikings Reddit
Have there been any Vikings fans on here that converted from another team due to moving to the US or even the state? (Hoping someone is bold enough to mention it)
I am from the UK and have been a big NFL fan for some time now. I buy jerseys of my favourite players regardless of team though I probably do have a bit more of one team.
Ive been to a few NFL games in London and saw a game once in Seattle. I was even at the Vikings Steelers game where me and my friends hung out with 2 Vikings fans got extrememly drunk and was wandering around London at 4am....
In AFC I like the Jets because they are #### (well not anymore). Years ago I liked Seattle when they had Hasselbeck, thought I cant stand them now as I find a lot of fans tend to be obnoxious and "douchey" now they are successful and just try to compete with each other about how great a fan they are and how they know more than the next person. I have witnessed folk act like this some "were" good friends.
This sort of mentality has really put me off them and to be quite frank it kind of put me off NFL football for a while. I kind of followed hockey a bit yay for the wild! With school I've not followed much NFL apart from the game.
Recently I seem to be just watching the game in general, I love watching good match ups or a game that involves drama or history with two teams.
Within the next 12 months I am immigrating to the states from the UK. Is it permissible for me as a transplant to root for the pro teams of my local state once I make the move across the pond. I just find that it would be great to go to all the local games etc. I don't want to follow another team that is not my local team feels weird and cheating.
For example I would want to adopt and root for the MN pro teams I would pull for the Vikings, Timberwolves, Twins and Wild. To me it's not about winning or losing its more about the comradery and stuff with your colleagues and people from your local area getting riled up for a game or going tailgating or talking crap whilst downing some beers and chirping how the refs are playing against us.
I just feel that at one point I used to really enjoy the NFL and loved watching Total Access, going on NFL.com 24:7 listening to podcasts and watching games
I did enjoy NFL and all it offered but I can't bear my former team and want to be a Viking. I feel like what the hell I want to enjoy the game I love and being in MN and rooting for the Vikings is what I want!
I did love Brett Favre and Randy Moss back in the day I had both there jerseys of the Vikings with the 50th anniversary patch, and I got my All Day Peterson jerseys. I think the future looks exciting to watch Treadwell and Bridgewater.
How hard is it to obtain season tickets the new stadium looks amazing and I assume there is a PSL plan?
So what does it take to be a Viking and can I be IN so to speak?
Also how hard is it to get tickets to a game and is there a waiting list for season tickets?
One more thing F the Patriots and Packers and F Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady!!!
SKOLLLLLLLLLLLL"
Last edited by alldayyeezy on Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
jackal
Strong Safety

Re: I want to be a Viking! (new fan)

Post by jackal »

I love the Vikings but, I have to tell you its not for the faint of heart... I have been a hardcore fan; since the early nineties
and even though I love Zimmer, and think the team is on the right track to finally win a ring...I have seen them get close
many times to only lose to inferior teams, over field goals ,and other weird things. Welcome to the SKOL family and hopefully
you don't have too many bad endings, as a Vikings fan.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
alldayyeezy
Waterboy

Re: I want to be a Viking! (new fan)

Post by alldayyeezy »

jackal wrote:I love the Vikings but, I have to tell you its not for the faint of heart... I have been a hardcore fan; since the early nineties
and even though I love Zimmer, and think the team is on the right track to finally win a ring...I have seen them get close
many times to only lose to inferior teams, over field goals ,and other weird things. Welcome to the SKOL family and hopefully
you don't have too many bad endings, as a Vikings fan.
Awesome man I love the rustic vintage history of the Vikings, I definitely think the team is taking steps forward and it will be great to watch the journey but its all about the ride. If anything suffering from bad defeats can be a valid excuse for why I drink more on sundays to my partner :pour:
jackal
Strong Safety

Re: New Viking!

Post by jackal »

Awesome man I love the rustic vintage history of the Vikings, I definitely think the team is taking steps forward and it will be great to watch the journey but its all about the ride. If anything suffering from bad defeats can be a valid excuse for why I drink more on sundays to my partner :pour:
Trust me there are a lot of Vikings fan that drink more during the season. Sounds like your in Europe I have seen the Vikings
a dozen times probably live...Four or Five in Minnesota regular season... 296 Peterson game November 4th 2007 and the Monday
Night Classic Farve vs. Green Bay Game...I saw three pre season Vikings Vs. 49ers and One Regular season Vikings vs 49ers
game. I live a short distance from the Raiders and 49ers. I doubt I can go this year to see the new stadium, but it looks amazing.
I have heard the Vikings might play in England next season again.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Welcome

:v):

Should be a fun year. Quick get on so people don't lump you in with bandwagoners

:tongue:
dinolord05
Backup

Post by dinolord05 »

The Vikings website has a phone number listed for PSL sales. Heard there's still some decent seats left.

Or buy from a PSL holder that can't make every game. I'm one of those. Just can't afford to fly to and from TX that much.
alldayyeezy
Waterboy

Post by alldayyeezy »

jackal wrote: Trust me there are a lot of Vikings fan that drink more during the season. Sounds like your in Europe I have seen the Vikings
a dozen times probably live...Four or Five in Minnesota regular season... 296 Peterson game November 4th 2007 and the Monday
Night Classic Farve vs. Green Bay Game...I saw three pre season Vikings Vs. 49ers and One Regular season Vikings vs 49ers
game. I live a short distance from the Raiders and 49ers. I doubt I can go this year to see the new stadium, but it looks amazing.
I have heard the Vikings might play in England next season again.
Sunny Scotland to be precise .....I say sunny with a large hint of sarcasm ....it pisses it down here!

IrishViking wrote:Welcome

:v):

Should be a fun year. Quick get on so people don't lump you in with bandwagoners

:tongue:
Ach I reckon it will be another good few years till we are SB bound, glad to be a part of it and cant wait to go to the games with my mrs.

dinolord05 wrote:The Vikings website has a phone number listed for PSL sales. Heard there's still some decent seats left.

Or buy from a PSL holder that can't make every game. I'm one of those. Just can't afford to fly to and from TX that much.

Im thinking of getting a season ticket maybe in 2-3 years time, im sure there will be people that will give up their PSL's every season or so. I will keep you in mind buddy!
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Yeah England gets a foul weather too..

I watch Top Gear a lot and it seems like
they have trouble getting sunny weather
for test drives and such.