Drunken Tarvaris Jackson arrested for pointing gun at wife

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Drunken Tarvaris Jackson arrested for pointing gun at wife

Post by 720pete »

Chris Hush of WESH in Orlando reports that Jackson was arrested for aggravated assault after pulling a gun on his wife. Hush shares a shot of the police report from the Osceola County Sheriffs Office from an officer who reported to the scene of a domestic disturbance.

Per the report, Jackson was intoxicated and loaded his gun during an argument with his wife before telling her “I’ll kill you, ####.” Another adult who was at the house grabbed Jackson before things could escalate any further.

Jackson’s wife told police she feared for her life and grabbed an iron and knife at points for protection, but Jackson initially said nothing more than arguing occurred. He also told police that there was no gun in the house, but they found a handgun on the kitchen counter along with marijuana.

Jackson later told police he did grab a bag containing his gun and told his wife that he should shoot her. Per the report, Jackson’s wife replied that he “better be accurate because you ain’t accurate on the field.
So glad we got rid of this punk.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... n-at-wife/
jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Drunken Tarvaris Jackson arrested for pointing gun at wi

Post by jackal »

This one kinda surprised I got the feeling he was a decent guy...

being drunk contributed I am sure and the article says the woman had a knife as well...

hopefully it works out for the two people in some way.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

jackal wrote:This one kinda surprised I got the feeling he was a decent guy...

being drunk contributed I am sure and the article says the woman had a knife as well...

hopefully it works out for the two people in some way.
That was kinda Jackson's only redeeming quality was that he seemed like a 'decent' guy. Thankfully no one was hurt, and hopefully this one would be 'chalked up' to the booze and will never happen again.
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

That was kinda Jackson's only redeeming quality was that he seemed like a 'decent' guy. Thankfully no one was hurt, and hopefully this one would be 'chalked up' to the booze and will never happen again.
Yeah i know he worked hard as a viking and seemed okay... I think Domestic are the most dangerous calls
for police. I know my ex drove me nuts at times...Not excusing craziness or violent stuff.. I just hate seeing players
who should have a great amount of money for retirement.. so many have lost it all and have tragic stories...
most of them say I thought it would last forever and I couldn't spend it all... :(
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

jackal wrote:This one kinda surprised I got the feeling he was a decent guy...
I can't say one way or another what he is like in real life but I think the NFL spin machine is a powerful system that can take unsavory people and convince fans that they are good guys. Heck there were several puff pieces written about Aaron Hernandez about his stand up character and all the good he was doing for his family and community. Of course that was all a sham. If they can make someone like him seem like a good guy then we shouldn't put too much stock in the stories about these players' personalities.
GoldenBear91
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by GoldenBear91 »

I have a different football card on my 'trophy' shelf as a joke :lol:
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

I laugh every time I read this...his own wife. Damm that's a shot there. :rofl:

Per the report, Jackson’s wife replied that he “better be accurate because you ain’t accurate on the field.”
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

What a sad mess.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

It gets sadder.
Jackson requested a public defender in his domestic assault case because he said he has no money.

A public defender is normally free of charge, but can cost up to $100. Jackson has earned over $12 million in his 10-year playing career. He says all of it is gone except for his car that's valued around $100K. NFL players blowing their money and being forced to hang around for a paycheck is far too common.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

dead_poet wrote:It gets sadder.
T-Jack must have worked hard to blow $12 million in his 10-year career and be down to nothing. Seriously, didn't he see that coming while he was spending his money?

Wow...this is a side to Jackson I thought I would never see. Gotta agree with some of the posters above. I thought Jackson wasn't much of a QB but he seemed like a decent guy.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

losperros wrote: T-Jack must have worked hard to blow $12 million in his 10-year career and be down to nothing. Seriously, didn't he see that coming while he was spending his money?

Wow...this is a side to Jackson I thought I would never see. Gotta agree with some of the posters above. I thought Jackson wasn't much of a QB but he seemed like a decent guy.
Can't he sell his SB ring? Guessing that's worth at least a few grand.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Can't he sell his SB ring? Guessing that's worth at least a few grand.
I think the new ones are 40K or more i know they get bigger and have more diamonds each year
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Guess he wasn't as smart as some of you thought. 12 Million and broke is sad, downright sad somebody could be that lacking of brains