Sendejo the ninja

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Sendejo the ninja

Post by dead_poet »

Fun offseason read on the sleeveless missile

http://www.startribune.com/even-off-the ... 382175101/
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Sendejo the ninja

Post by IIsweet »

If you read the article, you understand why the Vikings gave him a 4 year $16 million contract.
He's probably even more valuable off the field behind the scenes and in the locker room than on the field. Thus the reward of a nice contract.
Good for him !
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

I don't remember the specifics of the contract, but I believe pretty much nothing is guaranteed in the last 2 years of the contract. I don't like sendejo as a safety, I do like him on special teams though.... the dude can hit. I really want to see Kearse step up and shine in the nfl, or maybe exum.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Norv Zimmer wrote:I don't remember the specifics of the contract, but I believe pretty much nothing is guaranteed in the last 2 years of the contract. I don't like sendejo as a safety, I do like him on special teams though.... the dude can hit. I really want to see Kearse step up and shine in the nfl, or maybe exum.
IIRC nothing on his contract is guaranteed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Norv Zimmer wrote:I don't remember the specifics of the contract, but I believe pretty much nothing is guaranteed in the last 2 years of the contract. I don't like sendejo as a safety, I do like him on special teams though.... the dude can hit. I really want to see Kearse step up and shine in the nfl, or maybe exum.
I'm starting to believe Exum is dead in the water. He's not see any first teams reps at all. They said Sendejo is seeing a good chunk, then Griffin, then Harris. There was no mentioning of Exum. Then you add Kearse in the mix and now Exum could very well be cut.

I'm not a big Sendejo fan either but I dont mind holding onto him simply because he has a full year as a starter under his belt so it's more of an experience thing. But yes he is a much better special teamer. Griffin is getting up there in age but I've always been a fan of his. I love Harris and loved how he played vs Arizona last year. Exum just doesnt fit in with this bunch if you ask me.

Even though we didnt find a huge upgrade at the safety spot, we do have a ton of options.

If I had a choice, I would rank them in this order (As of RIGHT NOW):

1.) Harris (Biggest upside IMO, got thrown into a starting role out of nowhere last year and played excellent)
2.) Griffin (Veteran leadership, big hitter, cant be any worse than Sendejo)
3.) Sendejo (Starting experience, good special teamer, big hitter)
4.) Kearse (A lot of upside like Harris but doesnt seem as athletic)
5.) Exum (Could be cut)
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I was surprised Smith seemed to be in Sendajo corner.
I think Harris or Griffen should start...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!