Continued Disrespect for Vikings

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Continued Disrespect for Vikings

Post by jackal »

The Viking continue to get no respect in the NFL

The Packers received a 50 chance of winning NFC north in a NFL network poll (seen today)

Vikings 28 percent I believe

Bears about 18 percent

Lions 12 percent

The Lions LB core didn't make the top five linebacker cores denver,seattle,carolina,

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... king-corps

I am not saying unrealistic respect but we had a dominant defense last season in a lot of ways.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: Continued Disrespect for Vikings

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote:The Viking continue to get no respect in the NFL

The Packers received a 50 chance of winning NFC north in a NFL network poll (seen today)

Vikings 28 percent I believe

Bears about 18 percent

Lions 12 percent

The Lions LB core didn't make the top five linebacker cores denver,seattle,carolina,

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... king-corps

I am not saying unrealistic respect but we had a dominant defense last season in a lot of ways.
What percentages do you find more realistic?
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Jordysghost wrote: What percentages do you find more realistic?
My honest answer to that would be something like 40% Vikes, 40% packers, 5% bears 5% lions heh. It seems clear to me that the Vikes and Pack are on a much higher level than the bears or lions.

I'd give the vikings a higher % but I think Rodgers is going to bounce back with a healthy Nelson and you guys can win a lot of regular season games. I'd expect both teams to be right there neck and neck again as 11+ win teams. Gotta give the bears and lions their 5% each in case Rodgers and Peterson tear their ACL's and Teddy goes down.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

My honest answer to that would be something like 40% Vikes, 40% packers, 5% bears 5% lions heh. It seems clear to me that the Vikes and Pack are on a much higher level than the bears or lions.
yeah mine would be about 40 each Vikings and Packers 18 Bears and almost nothing for the Lions

I think our OL which affect our offense and passing game with the biggest factor for Vikings. Green Bay need better line play on both sides
of the ball. Their running stopping and third down stops weren't great. Bears improved their defene and get Kevin White Back. Detroit lost Calvin
Johnson and defensive line (DT) is old and not a shadow of the former DL they had.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
AlldayPotter
Backup

Post by AlldayPotter »

I honestly would put 35% vikings, 40% packers, 15% bears,and 5% on lions.

Only reason packers have the edge is cause or Rodgers. He knows how to win, and how to be lucky >:/ . Let's just hope their D isn't good this year.

Vikings I expect to be much better. Especially on offense, plus now playing in indoor stadium on turf is gonna be much better for teddy and adrian. No more of that 12 0' clock sun in face trying to catch the ball (if u know what I mean) I hated that at gopher stadium.

And finally Bears will either be good or bad. It's cutler. But their WRS Jeffrey and white will be beast. And I love that LB they drafted in first round.

Lions lost Calvin. Stafford will be gone shortly after.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

After we won the NFC north last year, we still didn't get much credit. We only won the
division because the Packers was banged up... :whistle:
I think it is going to come down to the Vikings & Packers for the title again this year.
I do think the Vikings is a better rounded team than the Packers.
AlldayPotter
Backup

Post by AlldayPotter »

I know packers lost alot of players to injuries last year and use that excuse that they would be so much better than us if they were healthy.

But the Vikings lost just as much imo. John Sullivan and Phil loadholt. And then for about a month we did not have Harrison smith, our DT Joseph, and Anthony barr. Pretty sure Charles johnson was banged up all year long otherwise I don't see why would keep him if he just sucked and couldn't learn the plays..... oh and forgot Everson Griffen had an injurie to (can't remember what it was).
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

AlldayPotter wrote:I know packers lost alot of players to injuries last year and use that excuse that they would be so much better than us if they were healthy.

But the Vikings lost just as much imo. John Sullivan and Phil loadholt. And then for about a month we did not have Harrison smith, our DT Joseph, and Anthony barr. Pretty sure Charles johnson was banged up all year long otherwise I don't see why would keep him if he just sucked and couldn't learn the plays..... oh and forgot Everson Griffen had an injurie to (can't remember what it was).
Griffen's injury was to his shoulder.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote: Griffen's injury was to his shoulder.
Even Sendejo was out for a time...don't know if that's worth mentioning. :oops:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

I'd say 45% Vikings, 45% Pack, 2.5% each to the Lions and Bears.

What are we going to do? The Pack are media darlings. I'm perfectly fine with that, TBH, and I bet Zimmer is too. Let the rival be the prima donna, soaking up the attention while we stay in the background and quietly go about our business.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Love this picture!
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote: yeah mine would be about 40 each Vikings and Packers 18 Bears and almost nothing for the Lions

I think our OL which affect our offense and passing game with the biggest factor for Vikings. Green Bay need better line play on both sides
of the ball. Their running stopping and third down stops weren't great. Bears improved their defene and get Kevin White Back. Detroit lost Calvin
Johnson and defensive line (DT) is old and not a shadow of the former DL they had.
The Packers run stopping was very good last year, it only fell a little off when teams realized they couldn't pass, and even then it never really costed us a game. In fact, the Packers D was number 1 in the entire league in rushing YPG.

The Packers O line was top 5 in the league until we lost 3 of our O line starters and even then they were far from the bottom so im not really sure how you come to the conclusion that our lines need to be better.
Last edited by Jordysghost on Sat May 14, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

I'd probably say 55% Packers 40% Vikes 5% Bears and then the Lions bringing it up the rear.

The Packers ended up a game out of first last year because of the Offense, and still made it farther then the Vikings regardless, I find it highly unlikely that our O doesn't bounce back in a huge way and that D with a more typical Packers O is a pretty encouraging thought.

I dont want anyone to take offense to this, as I am only trying to give my opinion on the matter at hand, but even in the biggest down year the Packers have had in years, it was still good for a blowout victory over the Vikes, a trip to the divisional playoff game and a very close 7 point game away from yet another Division title.

Every team in the division won a close game against the Packers at some point last season, I remain skeptical that any one of those teams can manage to do so with any regularity, however. I think Rodgers is going to be on point next year and 10-6, 11-5 isn't going to be a able to do it this year. I dont find many teams to be more talented across the board then the Packers, imo.

I guess when it comes to rankings like this, some just find it hard to imagine Rodgers having two off years in a row.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

It's like power rankings. One person's opinion. I don't really care where they put the Vikings.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
sneaxsneax
Veteran

Post by sneaxsneax »

Jordysghost wrote:I'd probably say 55% Packers 40% Vikes 5% Bears and then the Lions bringing it up the rear.

The Packers ended up a game out of first last year because of the Offense, and still made it farther then the Vikings regardless, I find it highly unlikely that our O doesn't bounce back in a huge way and that D with a more typical Packers O is a pretty encouraging thought.

I dont want anyone to take offense to this, as I am only trying to give my opinion on the matter at hand, but even in the biggest down year the Packers have had in years, it was still good for a blowout victory over the Vikes, a trip to the divisional playoff game and a very close 7 point game away from yet another Division title.

Every team in the division won a close game against the Packers at some point last season, I remain skeptical that any one of those teams can manage to do so with any regularity, however. I think Rodgers is going to be on point next year and 10-6, 11-5 isn't going to be a able to do it this year. I dont find many teams to be more talented across the board then the Packers, imo.

I guess when it comes to rankings like this, some just find it hard to imagine Rodgers having two off years in a row.

I think having the Vikings below the pack is reasonable given you have the best qb in the nfl. But you went further than us because we shanked a field goal and had to play one of the scariest teams in the NFL, you played the default winner of the nfc east. You blew us out one game, and then lost in prime time when the division. Was on the line, in your own home where you've had a significant advantage over us for years. The Packers are relevant because of 1 guy it's not like you are world beaters, and I don't think getting Jordy Nelson back makes you that.

Most all of your posts seem pretty level headed for a pack fan, but that's some strong subtle #### talk.