Over/Under TD catches for Treadwell 2016

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: Over/Under TD catches for Treadwell 2016

Post by Jordysghost »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: I am with Kapp on this one.

I want Laquon to be Pro Bowl receiver for us, but you know what? I will be so satisfied if he turns out be a Donald Driver type player. Driver was always consistent - despite never having big TD numbers. I hated watching Driver kill us throughout this career, but damn, was he someone I respected as a receiver.

Outside of Laquon, I think our WR personnel is grossly mismanaged. Instead of viewing them as vertical threats, I believe that one should view them as RAC receivers. I cannot help but think the West Coast offense would better fit what we have personnel wise.
I will point out also, that if he turns out be a Donald Driver type player for you, you will also have a pro bowl WR in him as well.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I'm on with 5.

Unless the offense has a breakout season and starts churning out points I just do not think there are going to be that many TDs to go around.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

hmmm, such low numbers doesn't speak well of our QB being able to throw TD passess
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

mansquatch wrote:I'm on with 5.

Unless the offense has a breakout season and starts churning out points I just do not think there are going to be that many TDs to go around.
Until its confirmed that he'll have a starting role, its hard to pick the over. If he winds up behind Diggs, Johnson, Wright, Patterson, Thielen this year he won't be scoring many TDs. I'm not sure they'll be expecting huge contributions from him this year. He may have a Trae Waynes like rookie campaign.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Laserman wrote:hmmm, such low numbers doesn't speak well of our QB being able to throw TD passess
At least for me it is more of "Show me" mentality than anything else. Another factor that works against big TD numbers for a rookie is the fact that our team has had a very strong bias toward protecting the football. That risk aversion will likely result in fewer points overall. I think we'll see more "opportunity" type plays if the protection can turn the corner. What that means for overall productivity remains to be seen.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

If he did half of what Randy Moss did in 1998 I would be happy.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Raptorman wrote:If he did half of what Randy Moss did in 1998 I would be happy.
Half moon? :whistle:
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Texas Vike wrote: Half moon? :whistle:
That wasn't in 1998.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Raptorman wrote: That wasn't in 1998.
I know, but still... couldn't resist given the recent thread.
GoldenBear91
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by GoldenBear91 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:I don't know if I even care about touchdowns.

I just want to see the kid keep 4th quarter drives alive by moving the chains with big-time catches against tight coverage.
Great point! Move tha chains.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Figured this was a good place for the following:
"I wasn’t 100 percent in anything I did from the beginning of spring ball [in 2015] to pro day [at Mississippi on March 28]," Treadwell said, per Tomasson. "I was playing on one leg my whole junior season. Last year wasn’t fun, going out and being hurt and trying to play."

However, Treadwell says he's now fully healthy as he enters his first NFL training camp, and as such, he's setting his goals high.

If he were a member of VMB, I'm guessing he'd take the over!
"My expectations for myself is to start,"’ Treadwell told Tomasson. "I don’t hold myself to low standards at all by any means. So when I get to start, helping the team win, try to win Rookie of the Year. Pro Bowl. Super Bowl."
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfl/rumors/post ... nt-healthy
mike2mike
Starter

Post by mike2mike »

Bridgewater had 14TD's last year so I think the line of 5.5 or 6 would be pretty dang high relative to TDs last year. Then again, I think Teddy will have more like 20TDs this year as Vikings improve around the goalline and Teddy has made downfield passing as well as aggressiveness a priority in the offseason. I think Vikes will really push to make Treadwell the X WR on obvious rushing downs and to conceal run/pass mix they will want him on the field more as well as more passing deep on play action which I think we have made a huge point of emphasis in the offseason. If you have a great run blocking WR you tend to want to throw up the ball in goalline situations since everyone is thinking run and can easily forget that he can release and get wide open.

Adrian will still get the bulk of goalline touches and do well with them, but I think Treadwell will get enough in the red zone and the Vikings offense will be improved enough with Teddy taking a step forward that Treadwell and/or Rudolph will benefit with more goal line trips.

I don't perceive the style of our gameplan changing outside of injuries. We're still going to ground and pound and control the clock and play defense. So 6 is probably a lot even though I think there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic about our offense.
mike2mike
Starter

Post by mike2mike »

fiestavike wrote: Until its confirmed that he'll have a starting role, its hard to pick the over. If he winds up behind Diggs, Johnson, Wright, Patterson, Thielen this year he won't be scoring many TDs. I'm not sure they'll be expecting huge contributions from him this year. He may have a Trae Waynes like rookie campaign.
Vikings call an old school game plan of running clock, putting defense in good position, keeping games close and controlling the flow of the game, so I agree there may not be a lot of passing TDs to go around even if we are a talented offense. As to "Waynes like" rookie year, I doubt this.
Treadwell is too valuable as a run blocker to not see the field a LOT while we still have him and Adrian together. Can't see him falling that far behind on depth chart without at least having some very important packages which we use a lot. Now we may tend to bring him out on passing downs or tend to use Rudolph and Diggs more primary reads but I have to think he'll have a more important role than Waynes did, especially since the routes he runs well happen to really fit our offense.

I know Vikings are okay taking their time with young prospects in some circumstances, but Barr and Kendricks got plenty of work and Hunter got in to make a bigger impact sooner than anyone expected as well.