Rudolf end zone drops

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Rudolf end zone drops

Post by jackal »

I know Rudolf had a horrible drop against Oakland

I think he had one more that was thrown a little behind him and then on the
very next play Teddy threw and interception on the very next play.

does anyone know which game that was ?(my son and I were debating it)
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Rudolf end zone drops

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

jackal wrote:I know Rudolf had a horrible drop against Oakland

I think he had one more that was thrown a little behind him and then on the
very next play Teddy threw and interception on the very next play.

does anyone know which game that was ?(my son and I were debating it)
I couldn't remember but he's always had pretty reliable hands from what I remember. I don't recall him dropping too many balls.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I couldn't remember but he's always had pretty reliable hands from what I remember. I don't recall him dropping too many balls.
Oakland was the real bad one.. The other one was thrown behind him a little but its was catchable ball. I think Diggs and Wright had the best last

year (hands).
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

Pretty sure it was the game against the Chargers
Bleacher Reort Article wrote:His interception was the result of a poor throw under pressure, and there's no excusing turnovers down in the scoring area. But the giveaway never would have happened had tight end Kyle Rudolph caught his chance at a touchdown one play earlier. His bad drop of a catchable attempt set up the turnover.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

And for further confirmation:

VMB Chargers @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 3
soflavike wrote:Rudolph with the butter fingers. :wallbang:
soflavike wrote:I blame that INT on Rudolph.
IrishViking wrote:That was painful. Drop directly lead to that play. went from 7 to turnover with on mental error.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Kyle Rudolph has yet to justify his big extension. He simply has not produced like a top-tier TE (like he is getting paid to do). He needs to step up his production.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Kyle Rudolph has yet to justify his big extension. He simply has not produced like a top-tier TE (like he is getting paid to do). He needs to step up his production.
hard to do when you're asked to stay in and block most of the year. When sent out on routes he was Teddy's favorite target essentially and was crucial to what should have been the game winning playoff drive against the seahawks with 2 big plays back to back.

Injuries have held him back before but the talent is certainly worth the pay, it just hasn't worked out through not much fault of his own to have the stats
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

hard to do when you're asked to stay in and block most of the year. When sent out on routes he was Teddy's favorite target essentially and was crucial to what should have been the game winning playoff drive against the seahawks with 2 big plays back to back.

Injuries have held him back before but the talent is certainly worth the pay, it just hasn't worked out through not much fault of his own to have the stats
have to agree there were time when three players two TE's and a running back or zach line where all left to block.

I don't know anything about beavers, per say; however i wanted Westerman or McGovern to get drafted as interior guys
for the long term.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

jackal wrote: have to agree there were time when three players two TE's and a running back or zach line where all left to block.

I don't know anything about beavers, per say; however i wanted Westerman or McGovern to get drafted as interior guys
for the long term.
Agreed. The injuries on the offensive line really stymied the offense in a myriad of ways. Getting Phil back alone will help open things up (not to mention provide more time for Teddy more consistently).
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

mondry wrote: hard to do when you're asked to stay in and block most of the year. When sent out on routes he was Teddy's favorite target essentially and was crucial to what should have been the game winning playoff drive against the seahawks with 2 big plays back to back.

I agree. Actually, Rudolph was one of the few receivers that Teddy seemed to gel with last season. I'm more concerned about Rudolph staying healthy than I am questioning his talent.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

losperros wrote: I agree. Actually, Rudolph was one of the few receivers that Teddy seemed to gel with last season. I'm more concerned about Rudolph staying healthy than I am questioning his talent.
Problem is he's not fast and separation has always been an issue. Red zone guy is where he's seemed to do the most damage. TBH, I'm looking forward to seeing more of Pruitt, who is much more athletic and did some nice things last season on limited snaps.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

dead_poet wrote: Problem is he's not fast and separation has always been an issue. Red zone guy is where he's seemed to do the most damage. TBH, I'm looking forward to seeing more of Pruitt, who is much more athletic and did some nice things last season on limited snaps.
I had forgotten all about Pruitt. He is a good athlete and maybe he can help the Vikings offense in the red zone. As I've said before, they settled for field goals too often.

As for Rudolph not getting separation, that's true. But he did make some good catches in traffic at times. I guess I'm just hoping the TEs can help the team move the chains and score points better than they did last season.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

[quote]I had forgotten all about Pruitt. He is a good athlete and maybe he can help the Vikings offense in the red zone. As I've said before, they settled for field goals too often.

As for Rudolph not getting separation, that's true. But he did make some good catches in traffic at times. I guess I'm just hoping the TEs can help the team move the chains and score points better than they did last season.
[quote]

Pruitt and Diggs both had great starts and after a few games Diggs got a shot and tore it up Pruitt did not , I am not sure why
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

mondry wrote: hard to do when you're asked to stay in and block most of the year. When sent out on routes he was Teddy's favorite target essentially and was crucial to what should have been the game winning playoff drive against the seahawks with 2 big plays back to back.

I'm hoping thats why they drafted Morgan, and having Rhett back should help. I think having Kyle and Treadwell as 3rd down threats, are really going to help this offense. Kyle is just too good of a receiver to stand at the LoS.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

We went from having a small receiver group to having 3-4 big guys

Treadwell 6-2

Rudolf 6-5

Kyle Carter 6-3

Mo Bo 6-4 something

Patterson 6-2 or 6-3

hopefully all of these guys do a great job and make the team. Seattle might have the biggest secondary
not sure; however i don't know any team that has multiple big corner backs