Vikings draft WR Moritz Boehringer

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Vikings draft WR Moritz Boehringer

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote: I've seen you write this twice now.
Where are you getting his from? His highlight reel shows one route: bubble screen (to the right), German Unicorn (GU hereafter)runs past everyone else.
:lol:
AlldayPotter
Backup

Post by AlldayPotter »

I'm happy with this pick, it's a stretch, but if he has the brain and tenacity then he could be a bigger stronger Jordyn Nelson type. Although I think he should move to TE along side kyle Rudolph and do what patriots did with Gradkowski and hernandez.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

jackal wrote: apples and oranges.. Babs only had one thing size.. he had no technique and his English comprehension was much lower.

I watch Zimmer dicussing Mo and that is something they looked into already was his English comprehension.
Mo also runs world class speed for his a huge wide out. Mo also runs a decent route tree and has done special
teams. I don't think he is a lock by any means but I think he has a decent shot. Bap's was also not drafted and
came in late behind the group.
Totally realize not apples to apples.....just making a general statement about a Euro football league player trying to crack a roster spot. And was also a "feel good" story. Again....low risk high possible high reward situation.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

AlldayPotter wrote:I'm happy with this pick, it's a stretch, but if he has the brain and tenacity then he could be a bigger stronger Jordyn Nelson type. Although I think he should move to TE along side kyle Rudolph and do what patriots did with Gradkowski and hernandez.
Was just going to post the same, after watching the tape he seems like he could be a Hernandez type player. Hopefully without all the murdering.
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

I loved this pick. What a great story, and there's a massive ceiling for this guy.
with his attitude, measurables etc. I see him being at worst a good special teams player. At best, who knows?! But for a 6th round pick, thats cracking value.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I've seen you write this twice now.
Where are you getting his from? His highlight reel shows one route: bubble screen (to the right), German Unicorn (GU hereafter) runs past everyone else.
Daniel Jermiah(sp) and another guy NFL guy broke down Boehringer and showed him running
a series of routes already. Maybe I am wrong but I am going to wish this guy to be a great NFL
story. Watch the pro day video and see all the scouts look at each other, after his 40 time.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

UKno1VIKING wrote:I loved this pick. What a great story, and there's a massive ceiling for this guy.
with his attitude, measurables etc. I see him being at worst a good special teams player. At best, who knows?! But for a 6th round pick, thats cracking value.
if you say it like an old drunk sitting on a bar stool, Bridgewater to Boehringer sounds like you are saying the same name twice. :ripple:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Is it normal for a 6th round pick to be signed so quickly? Even if not, I found why he signed so quickly;
Moritz Boehringer on signing: "I wanted to get it done early because of my visa.''
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Cliff wrote: Is it normal for a 6th round pick to be signed so quickly? Even if not, I found why he signed so quickly;

It's atypical but that explains why he would sign so quickly.

I'm guessing he couldn't wait anyway. It's basically his dream come true.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

This is probably the first time we know who will be Mr. Mankato before camp even starts.
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

fiestavike wrote: if you say it like an old drunk sitting on a bar stool, Bridgewater to Boehringer sounds like you are saying the same name twice. :ripple:
Dunno how PA's going to cope when he gets all excitable!! :rock:
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

My guess is time is the biggest enemy here. Can he learn the game to point where he can compete in the NFL game before the team loses patience with him as a project?
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

UKno1VIKING wrote: Dunno how PA's going to cope when he gets all excitable!! :rock:

Are there times when he's NOT excitable?! :lol:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:Are there times when he's NOT excitable?! :lol:
LOL! Imagine how he sound when they bring dessert to his table!