Vikings select Laquon Treadwell

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Vikings select Laquon Treadwell

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

An interesting in-depth article where Wallace failed last year (in many ways) and where Treadwell expects to win:

http://vikingsterritory.com/2016/analys ... ll-succeed
If Wallace were a weapon in Minnesota, he would’ve been an unloaded gun.
Lots of evidence via .Gifs
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

it leaves out too huge factors... The OL was the biggest reason the Offense failed last season.

Treadwell fights for balls and has great body control. Wallace drops a lot of balls and does not fight

for any balls.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

it leaves out too huge factors... The OL was the biggest reason the Offense failed last season.

Treadwell fights for balls and has great body control. Wallace drops a lot of balls and does not fight

for any balls.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote:An interesting in-depth article where Wallace failed last year (in many ways) and where Treadwell expects to win:

http://vikingsterritory.com/2016/analys ... ll-succeed
Lots of evidence via .Gifs
More than anything, Wallace's lack of effort comes through.

I think he was bored and frustrated. Half the time its like he's shocked the ball is coming his way and he's late reacting. I think he was just going through the motions.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Bucky Brooks Projects Big Things For Laquon Treadwell

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... o-the-hype
Best-case scenario: Treadwell emerges as a WR1, enabling Teddy Bridgewater to take the next step in his development as a franchise quarterback. The 6-foot-2, 221-pound pass catcher anchors the passing game and immediately becomes the Vikings' designated red-zone weapon. His willingness to do the dirty work between the hashes helps Stefon Diggs manufacture big plays outside the numbers. As Bridgewater begins to find his rhythm in a retooled offense, his new WR1's performance and production spurs the Vikings into legitimate Super Bowl contenders.

Worst-case scenario: Skeptics who worried about Treadwell's ability to create separation due to his pedestrian 40 time are vindicated. Although he shows he's capable of using his physicality and size to ward defenders off at the catch point, Treadwell has trouble consistently getting open against CB1s in key moments highlighting a need for him to refine his technical skills.

My projection: 65 receptions, 850 yards and 10 touchdowns.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Treadwell's quotes are pretty interesting. I don't know if I buy he wasn't pretty recovered by last season's end (he's said as much in other interviews) but it would be pretty cool if we got a steal and we haven't seen him at pre-injury form yet.

Pretty cool read. I like the idea of him getting a JUGGS machine in his back yard.

Vikings rookie Laquon Treadwell has lofty goals after playing in pain last year
100 percent in anything I did from the beginning of spring ball (in 2015) to pro day (at Mississippi on March 28). I was playing on one leg my whole junior season. Last year wasn’t fun going out and being hurt and trying to play.”
“It felt like I had a fire in my foot,’’ Treadwell said. “I would cry myself to sleep, get up and cry myself back to sleep. But I said, ‘I’m not taking the pills any more because when I get back healthy I’m going to remember this pain that I felt.’ I felt I would then never take the game for granted
http://www.twincities.com/2016/07/24/vi ... last-year/
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote:Treadwell's quotes are pretty interesting. I don't know if I buy he wasn't pretty recovered by last season's end (he's said as much in other interviews) but it would be pretty cool if we got a steal and we haven't seen him at pre-injury form yet.

Pretty cool read. I like the idea of him getting a JUGGS machine in his back yard.

Vikings rookie Laquon Treadwell has lofty goals after playing in pain last year
http://www.twincities.com/2016/07/24/vi ... last-year/
The flip side is that if he wasn't healthy, those teams who were concerned about his recovery from that injury might have been right, and he might never be the same player he was before the injury.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins