2016 NFL Draft thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: 2016 NFL Draft thread

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:Man...how is he going to read/interpret and process Norv's playbook? Good luck to him.
Not to worry... it's all Xs and Os.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

ocampo82 wrote:
Its seems like its PR for NFL in Europe--similar to the Rams drafting Michael Sam with--probably--no intention on keeping him.
It's good PR but I think he's also worth a flier. The Vikings seemed to have watched him closely and Mayock said multiple scouts stopped him to talk about him.
STRENGTHS Exceptional combination of size, speed and short-area quickness. Has rare short-area testing numbers for a receiver with his size. Long, loose strides mangle the cushion of his overmatched cornerbacks. Can stick a foot in the ground and open a throwing window with acceleration. Lightning quick out of route stems. Hands-catcher. Shows ability to track and finish the deep balls with long arms and soft hands. Has home-run speed after the catch and will work the middle and take the hits.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote: "This is Natalya. She is my sister. She is number-four prostitute in whole of Kazakhstan."

"Niiice!"
:rofl:

Stop! You're killing me.

Haha... what else can we do but laugh at this point?

I'm guessing we'll be drafting a pop warner long snapper from Zimbabwe next round.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote:Texas Vike, now all I can think of are situations where Moritz can quote Borat. For example, when he gets to Minnesota and is introduced to the press:

"I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS."
:lol:

Did you ever see the Ali G show? I'm imagining the German (Brüno) in the locker room. Too funny.

He seemed like a good guy when they interviewed him on NFLN.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Still want a punter. Hackett still there?
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote: :lol:

Did you ever see the Ali G show? I'm imagining the German (Brüno) in the locker room. Too funny.

He seemed like a good guy when they interviewed him on NFLN.

He does seem like a good guy (and i'm familiar with Bruno too—LOL).

There's one more Borat line that keeps going through my head:

This is my country of Kazakhstan. It locate between Tajikistan, and Kyrgyzstan, and ***holes Uzbekistan."

The Moritz/Vikings version:

"This is my team of Minnesota. It locate between Detroit, and Chicago, and ***holes Green Bay."

This is fun but I actually am happy for Moritz. I hope he can actually make a good go of it with the Vikes.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote:
He does seem like a good guy (and i'm familiar with Bruno too—LOL).

There's one more Borat line that keeps going through my head:

This is my country of Kazakhstan. It locate between Tajikistan, and Kyrgyzstan, and ***holes Uzbekistan."

The Moritz/Vikings version:

"This is my team of Minnesota. It locate between Detroit, and Chicago, and ***holes Green Bay."

This is fun but I actually am happy for Moritz. I hope he can actually make a good go of it with the Vikes.
Nice! That would be the exact analogy!

He's kind of the classic practice squad guy. He would need at least a couple of years to learn.

The NFLN guys are just as slap happy as we are right now... they're looking at highlights of guys with the funniest names. I think it's what happens after three days of this draft stuff, you just get loopy and punch drunk.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Stephen Weatherly over Scooby Wright? Come on now. Ridiculous.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mothman wrote:Moritz is on the front page of NFL.com. Here's the video: the guy looks beyond thrilled.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap ... -Minnesota
Call me a hopeless homer (and I'm sure you will :tongue: ) but I like this pick.

Of course, it may be three years before he ever sees the field, IF he ever sees the field, but to me, this is what late-round picks are for. He's the quintessential development guy, only he's got ridiculous measurables and nearly tight end size. Physically, he's like a bigger version of Jordy Nelson.

I'll be anxious to see how he progresses. If he doesn't pan out, nothing lost IMO. He'll join a very long list of 6th-round picks who didn't.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Stephen Weatherly over Scooby Wright? Come on now. Ridiculous.
Something has to be going on there. Nobody has a clue why he's fallen this far but nobody is taking him
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Weatherly, Stephen, OLB, Vanderbilt
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:The NFLN guys are just as slap happy as we are right now... they're looking at highlights of guys with the funniest names. I think it's what happens after three days of this draft stuff, you just get loopy and punch drunk.
Exactly!
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

Silverberry and macklefresh.

Thanks for the laughs gentlemen. Funny stuff.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Stephen Weatherly over Scooby Wright? Come on now. Ridiculous.

Under Zimmer, there's clearly a tendency to draft for size and athleticism and then develop, develop, develop. Alexander doesn't quite fit the "size; part but I'm speaking more generally here. Anyway, I'm guessing that's why the Vikes would rather have Stephen than Scooby.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Call me a hopeless homer (and I'm sure you will :tongue: ) but I like this pick.

Of course, it may be three years before he ever sees the field, IF he ever sees the field, but to me, this is what late-round picks are for. He's the quintessential development guy, only he's got ridiculous measurables and nearly tight end size. Physically, he's like a bigger version of Jordy Nelson.

I'll be anxious to see how he progresses. If he doesn't pan out, nothing lost IMO. He'll join a very long list of 6th-round picks who didn't.
I'm having fun with the pick but I'm not criticizing it. I like it for the same reasons you do. It's fun and there IS actual potential there.