get ready to hurl....

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

get ready to hurl....

Post by Boon »

Apparently the color rush chart leaked on twitter. They got us rocking gold unis. So it will be either Gold vs Black (Detroit) on thanksgiving or Gold vs White (dallas) in our other Thursday game. The gold/white is probably unlikely so I think it's going to be vs Detroit.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: get ready to hurl....

Post by mansquatch »

That is definitely hurl worthy
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

wtf is this about? what possible purpose does it serve to have one time uniforms that are just single color blotches?? It seems a whole bunch of silliness with poor visual impact. There are far more important things to focus on and it seems like a very lame marketing move.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

mansquatch wrote:That is definitely hurl worthy

On Turkey Day no less.

As Fletch would say, "what a pisser."
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Boon wrote:Apparently the color rush chart leaked on twitter. They got us rocking gold unis. So it will be either Gold vs Black (Detroit) on thanksgiving or Gold vs White (dallas) in our other Thursday game. The gold/white is probably unlikely so I think it's going to be vs Detroit.
I think the "color rush" promotion is only for Thursday night games so it will probably be for Vikes vs. Dallas.

It's going to be painful to see the Vikes wearing almost entirely yellow uniforms. :puke: Painful and wrong...

I hate this whole "color rush" idea with a passion.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Nothing good to say about this...... :steamed:
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

If it counts for anything, PFT is reporting that only one team will wear the colors and the other will wear all white to avoid any color blindness issues.
PFT wrote:Reading between the lines, Rooney’s comments suggest that the league’s mandate regarding the Color Rush concept includes a requirement that one team will wear solid colors and the other will wear white on white. Which would definitely solve the colorblind problem for every potential combination of hues and shades.
Granted, I don't want the Vikings to wear yellow but I still have a yellow Carter jersey that I wear during the Play Offs.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mothman wrote: I think the "color rush" promotion is only for Thursday night games so it will probably be for Vikes vs. Dallas.

It's going to be painful to see the Vikes wearing almost entirely yellow uniforms. :puke: Painful and wrong...

I hate this whole "color rush" idea with a passion.
Lions game is also on a Thursday.

Is this legit? I mean, look at the Raiders, why would that be their color? In either case, it's dumb. Damn Nike.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:Lions game is also on a Thursday
Yes, but it's not on a Thursday night. Supposedly, the color rush uniforms will only be worn for the TNF games.
Is this legit? I mean, look at the Raiders, why would that be their color? In either case, it's dumb. Damn Nike.
It's not clear if it's legit but you're right, the Raiders color makes no sense.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

If legit, it'll be both

Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mothman wrote: Yes, but it's not on a Thursday night. Supposedly, the color rush uniforms will only be worn for the TNF games.
It's not clear if it's legit but you're right, the Raiders color makes no sense.
Oh I see. For some reason I always thought the Lions play the night game on Thanksgiving.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Im not a uniform stiff by any means, I think there are alot of people that hate this gimmick based on the premise of it being just that, a gimmick.

I don't however, no, not at all.

I hate this crap because it looks stupid and bad, no other reason, the same idea with better actual results wouldn't bother me, but this crap looks so weak..

I have wanted a gold alternate for the Packers for years, it sucks that this is what I get. Hopefully they will look ok, but I doubt it.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

It's awful. I'm sure soon the NFL will run out of funding sources and do what the NBA just approved: sponsor space on jerseys. It's coming.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Wth.... the Ravens is just messed, and like mentioned some don't make sense.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

And what the heck happened to the throwback unis? Weren't we supposed to get these by now?