Draft wants, needs, dreams!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: Draft wants, needs, dreams!

Post by Jordysghost »

Jones has JJ Watt potential.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jas ... haking-out

First of all, I don't what I am doing reading a La Canfora article in the first place, but my goodness. Apparently, this clown was interviewing a 'seasoned scout' asking about how the draft will shake out.

Well, here is what the 'scout' had to say about the Vikings pick:

Pick 23 - Vikings - Will Fuller, WR, Norte Dame: "They need more speed."

I just laughed and then shook my head. So much for being an expert. All he had to do was glance at the roster. All of our receivers have at least 4.4 speed. As a 'seasoned scout' he should have known that.

At least justify the pick in a different way. Saying we need more speed at receiver is not a good justification whatsoever.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jas ... haking-out

First of all, I don't what I am doing reading a La Canfora article in the first place, but my goodness. Apparently, this clown was interviewing a 'seasoned scout' asking about how the draft will shake out.

I just laughed and then shook my head. So much for being an expert. All he had to do was glance at the roster. All of our receivers have at least 4.4 speed. As a 'seasoned scout' he should have known that.

At least justify the pick in a different way. Saying we need more speed at receiver is not a good justification whatsoever.
:lol: didn't we have a lot of speed with Wallace?? Yeah that worked out. Diggs is a perfect Y WR IMO and then snag Treadwell or Doctson at the X with Wright in the slot. That's already a much improved WR corps
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Eliot
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Eliot »

Dream: Kentrell Brothers in 2nd round.

With Brothers, Barr, and Kendricks the Vikings would have one of the best LB core in the NFL, and a very young one.

I'm from Missouri and I'm a big Mizzou fan. When my Los Angles Lakers selected Jordan Clarkson (a Mizzou Tiger) it was the first time one of my favorite teams selected a Mizzou player. Jordan Clarkson has been a beast of the Lakers, so now its the Vikings' turn to select a beastly Mizzou player! We missed out on J-Mac the year we took percy harvin :-(

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pszx3dEl0I0 [/youtube]

NSFW music
Minnesota Vikings fan from Missouri!

Skol!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jas ... haking-out

Ah, here's that post you mentioned elsewhere! Funny, you and I had exactly the same response. Don't you love it when someone puffs themselves up, bragging about how well-prepared and knowledgeable they are, only to proceed to immediately demonstrate the exact opposite? What a tool!
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

In no particular order.

Laquon Treadwell

Josh Doctson

Reggie Ragland

Darron Lee

Good chance at least one of the above will fall to 23.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

IIsweet wrote: I think that we can be that with Darron Lee, Deion Jones, Su'A Cravens.
I am a Jaylon Smith fam also, no doubt, but I think that we have the cats in place to plug just about anyone
Love Lee, Jones, and Cravens. Would have ben awesome to get one of them. I think Jones is going to be a steal.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Eliot wrote:Dream: Kentrell Brothers in 2nd round.

With Brothers, Barr, and Kendricks the Vikings would have one of the best LB core in the NFL, and a very young one.

I'm from Missouri and I'm a big Mizzou fan. When my Los Angles Lakers selected Jordan Clarkson (a Mizzou Tiger) it was the first time one of my favorite teams selected a Mizzou player. Jordan Clarkson has been a beast of the Lakers, so now its the Vikings' turn to select a beastly Mizzou player! We missed out on J-Mac the year we took percy harvin :-(

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pszx3dEl0I0 [/youtube]

NSFW music
Bet this guy is happy.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.