Draft wants, needs, dreams!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Draft wants, needs, dreams!

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Well the draft is less than 3 weeks away, I want to hear what people want! Nothing is out of bounds here!

My crazy draft wish would be we trade to move up in the first and draft Myles Jack! Then grab a Wr in the 2nd round.
I think Jack is going to be a super star, especially paired with Barr and Kendricks.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Draft wants, needs, dreams!

Post by CbusVikesFan »

I would like to draft a QB early.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

CbusVikesFan wrote:I would like to draft a QB early.

That IS a dream.

I understand it though.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Mothman wrote:
That IS a dream.

I understand it though.
We do need a decent backup :)
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

How early? I wouldn't mind seeing us draft Hogan from Stanford in the 3rd if he is there. Who knows Maybe he will be there in the 4th.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

If we're talking backup QB, then Jeff Driskell might not be a bad idea. I saw him play for the Gators and he was good but got hurt. However, Driskell really cleaned up with Louisiana Tech during his senior year. The guy has size, good arm, and is unbelievably mobile. But the Vikings shouldn't take him before R3.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

losperros wrote:If we're talking backup QB, then Jeff Driskell might not be a bad idea. I saw him play for the Gators and he was good but got hurt. However, Driskell really cleaned up with Louisiana Tech during his senior year. The guy has size, good arm, and is unbelievably mobile. But the Vikings shouldn't take him before R3.
Good call. Driskell wouldn't be a bad choice as a Day 3 pick at all.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I see Paxton Lynch dropping into the second round on several boards that might not be a bad pick up
as back up and security back up...

Jaylon Smith I am hopping falls to us and we take the one year medical hit on him.
When he gets heathly Barr Kendricks and Jaylon Smith

Derick Henry would be a good choice if there at twenty three

Corey Coleman from Baylor in the first
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

jackal wrote:I see Paxton Lynch dropping into the second round on several boards that might not be a bad pick up

Jaylon Smith I am hopping falls to us and we take the one year medical hit on him.

Coleman's talented, but he's a bit lacking in route running polish and I fear he will take time to develop into an NFL WR. We already have someone who matches that description (who is even more talented, IMO) and our WR coaches have not shown the ability to coach up such talents. I also feel like Coleman is best suited for the slot and would not likely beat out Jarius Wright this year. Treadwell or Doctson would make more sense; the only question is whether they make it to 23.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I see more value in receivers in the 2nd round. This receiver class just isn't all that impressive to me. Will Fuller in the 2nd can be a great field stretcher. I'm not really concerned about his hands, and the kid flat out makes plays when plays need to be made. I also like Tyler Boyd, who granted is more of a possession type receiver but if you want a guy that you can throw the ball up and he'll get it, Boyd is your guy. Dude is great catching the ball in traffic. He's also a very good punt returner.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Norv Zimmer wrote:How early? I wouldn't mind seeing us draft Hogan from Stanford in the 3rd if he is there. Who knows Maybe he will be there in the 4th.
Really it would depend on who was available and when. Hogan is not a bad choice but more like TB than not. I like the Arkansas kid, Allen. Someone to think about in later rounds. I would take Hackenberg if he was available in the 3rd or even the second round.
I would like to entertain the idea of putting some competition in front of TB and see how he responds.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Tyler Boyd:

Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

jackal wrote:I see Paxton Lynch dropping into the second round on several boards that might not be a bad pick up

I wouldn't mind smith at 23, considering he is a top 5 talent even if he has to sit out for a while he has a good crew to learn behind. I also wouldn't mind henry, just not at 23. If we traded back into the first or early second and grabbed henry I would be fine with it.

All the reports I have been hearing are that CP84 and Charles Johnson are putting in work this off-season to improve. It will be interesting to see if they actually show up to play, this is a make or break year for both of them in my opinion. If they are looking good I don't see a need for a wr at 23.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

I think Smth at 23 would be a terrible decision.

You couldn't possibly be getting the player you have tape on, that is the reality of severe nerve damage.

Damn shame too.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Jordysghost wrote:I think Smth at 23 would be a terrible decision.

You couldn't possibly be getting the player you have tape on, that is the reality of severe nerve damage.

Damn shame too.
All reports are he is doing just fine, squatting like 600 pds.
He is also going in for a post combine physical.