Vikings 2016 schedule

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: Vikings 2016 schedule

Post by S197 »

I'm hoping with it being the stadium opening, most season ticket holders will keep their ticket and not re-sell to GB fans. It'd be nice to have a home game where it isn't like 40% puke yellow.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

S197 wrote:I'm hoping with it being the stadium opening, most season ticket holders will keep their ticket and not re-sell to GB fans. It'd be nice to have a home game where it isn't like 40% puke yellow.
The #### have you been eating that your puke is Packers yellow, banana cream pudding? :banana:
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Stoked to christen the new digs with an a$$ whooping of the 2nd place Pack!
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Texas Vike wrote:Stoked to christen the new digs with an a$$ whooping of the 2nd place Pack!
Everyones tied in the offseason my friend. :)
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Vikings 2016 preseason schedule

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:You went this past year right? So I think the Jim curse is broken at least for now.
Yes, I was there for the win last year!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Jordysghost wrote: Everyones tied in the offseason my friend. :)

Maybe he was just referring to where the Packers will stand after they play the Vikes in week 2 next year. ;)
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote:
Maybe he was just referring to where the Packers will stand after they play the Vikes in week 2 next year. ;)
I don't believe everyone's tied in the offseason. The Broncos are the reigning champs until next season begins, we are the champs of the North until the season begins. And once the season begins, I expect us to reestablish our position in our division. Second place is a sour taste, I suppose, but there's no avoiding it with semantics, my friend. :smilevike:

I am very glad that we get the Pack for our first game in the new stadium. If this team is going to win the SB, it has to learn to bring it under the biggest lights and most attention possible, so I welcome these kinds of stepping stone challenges.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Texas Vike wrote: I don't believe everyone's tied in the offseason. The Broncos are the reigning champs until next season begins, we are the champs of the North until the season begins. And once the season begins, I expect us to reestablish our position in our division. Second place is a sour taste, I suppose, but there's no avoiding it with semantics, my friend. :smilevike:

I am very glad that we get the Pack for our first game in the new stadium. If this team is going to win the SB, it has to learn to bring it under the biggest lights and most attention possible, so I welcome these kinds of stepping stone challenges.
Eh, we won as many games as you guys did but made it farther, second place does feel pretty semantical at this point.

I agree, the first game in your stadium will be an awesome experience.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Jordysghost wrote: Eh, we won as many games as you guys did but made it farther, second place does feel pretty semantical at this point.

I agree, the first game in your stadium will be an awesome experience.
Generally speaking I would agree with that logic. The difference for me is that the Vikings and Packers specifically squared off in the last game of the season for that title. If it just amounted to strength of schedule, division wins, etc. that would make sense. That's not the case here though.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Packers dont have to leave green bay for a month (4 straight at home with bye mixed in)......plus the 5th easiest schedule.....somebody doesn't like the Vikings on top.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Cliff wrote: Generally speaking I would agree with that logic. The difference for me is that the Vikings and Packers specifically squared off in the last game of the season for that title. If it just amounted to strength of schedule, division wins, etc. that would make sense. That's not the case here though.
Yea I feel that logic, I think there is an argument to made both ways. I think alot of how you see it comes down to how you value our head to head point differential and also playoff victories. But I think the Packers had what should probably be considered the most successful season of the 4 NFCN teams.
Last edited by Jordysghost on Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

autobon7 wrote:Packers dont have to leave green bay for a month (4 straight at home with bye mixed in)......plus the 5th easiest schedule.....somebody doesn't like the Vikings on top.
The schedule is based off of a formula. lmao

But I had actually seen on NFL Network that it was the 1st easiest schedule in the league based off of last year.

Thanks for that AFC South.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Jordysghost wrote: The schedule is based off of a formula. lmao

But I had actually seen on NFL Network that it was the 1st easiest schedule in the league based off of last year.

Thanks for that AFC South.
I knew that would grab your attention.....lol :point:
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

autobon7 wrote: I knew that would grab your attention.....lol :point:
:lol: Way to play it off my dude. :appl: :)
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Seriously, am I the only one who is miffed that the first game in the new stadium is against GB?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018