Greg Jennings tells KFAN he wants to come back to Minny

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Greg Jennings tells KFAN he wants to come back to Minny

Post by 720pete »

Greg Jennings Wants To Be a Viking Again...Really Badly
“I left Rick a voicemail,” Jennings told KFAN this morning. “I told [them], I’m waiting on you guys.”

“I miss being [in Minnesota]. You appreciate something more when it’s taken away from you.”
What do you guys think? Would you want him if he signs a team-friendly contract?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Greg Jennings tells KFAN he wants to come back to Minny

Post by dead_poet »

Sorry Greg, no.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

I mean, if he came back for peanuts sure. Hes a decent player and a good teammate but I wouldn't want to pay him a penny over 3 million, if even.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

720pete wrote:Greg Jennings Wants To Be a Viking Again...Really Badly
What do you guys think? Would you want him if he signs a team-friendly contract?
I think it's great that he wants to come back to MN and that he has such positive things to say, but whom would we leave out by having him on board? I'd much rather keep (or draft) that player than have Jennings.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

As assistant WR coach? Sure.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

We can, we SHOULD do better.....he wants back here to be with his family......good for him.....the Vikes NEED a quality veteran who still has speed and good hands. We need a SuperBowl. I don't think he is the answer or a good use of Cap Monies.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

I'd take him back at the vet minimum kind of like chad greenway, some veteran leadership and a guy who wants to be here and help out. I'd probably let him know though that he has to earn the roster spot, if he doesn't have anything left.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

Funny, he doesnt have any interest in GB...thats really close to his family too......I guess he lives by a higher standard......
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

chicagopurple wrote:Funny, he doesnt have any interest in GB...thats really close to his family too......I guess he lives by a higher standard......
I think his family lives in Minnesota now.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

It would be nice to have him back, he was a class act, just don't see how he would work into our core.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
James
Rookie

Post by James »

If anything, we could always use another camp body. He could mentor the younger guys. A 1 year, veteran minimum deal doesn't sound bad.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

He seemed to have a good relationship with Teddy, and with Patterson's apparent lack of football skills means we are thin at WR. I would be ok with this signing, at the righr price. When did he get released?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:He seemed to have a good relationship with Teddy, and with Patterson's apparent lack of football skills means we are thin at WR. I would be ok with this signing, at the righr price. When did he get released?
March 5
James
Rookie

Post by James »

Yeah, we are nowhere near set at WR. Our WR core is a question mark at best. We have no #1 WR yet and there's no guarantee that the Vikings will go WR in the 1st round. No is it a guarantee that a WR he draft will pan out. Regardless of what happens, we don't have a leader in that WR core, Jennings will be it. Like Greenway is for our LB core, because I doubt he has much left in the tank himself but everyone wants to see him for one more season. I still think Jennings can contribute to the team, just not at that ridiculous price we gave him the 1st time. He's a system player no doubt. That's why I think Miami was just a bad fit for him, just like Wallace was a bad fit here. But he and Teddy had way more chemistry. All we missed that season was Peterson to run the rock. We never got a chance to see the Teddy, Jennings, and Peterson trio. Add Diggs to the mix and I think we have a decent WR core.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

For the right price......sure I'd bite